Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• Aldaron87Aldaron8761 Posts: 0Member
    It looks nice conference room. You're going to do another room such as a bridge, the captain's office, hallway, holodeck, or any others?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice Dave.
    I thought you had already done the panels on her, or have you restarted?
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Nemesis version.. I know I'm right...
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Comco wrote: »
    :lol:!

People never get irony....
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Yup, Nemesis version, I just looked at pictures from the saucer shuttle bay area, in each movie, First Contact and Insurrections, are different than Nemesis, and the pictures here, match Nemesis.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Case in point.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Very Nice Dave.
    I thought you had already done the panels on her, or have you restarted?
    I started from scratch in august last year I think
    tricky lifeboats done!

the engineering section is almost complete now, I'll do a nicer render then
    90247.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    omg! this is fantasic!
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Awesome!

I just realized something that raises a question for me. You put the lifeboat numbers in their docks, but would that be necessary considering the lifeboats are a universal fit?
    Looks great. some dam fine modelling. but I expect nothing less from you.
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    Awesome!

I just realized something that raises a question for me. You put the lifeboat numbers in their docks, but would that be necessary considering the lifeboats are a universal fit?

Well, on most vessels, the escape pods are individually numbered on their exterior hatches. I would suggest each crewman is probably given a specifically designated pod to report to incase the abandon ship order is given. That's what I always assumed anyway.

I love the work done to this model :)
    Awesome!

it's probably not, but I thought it looked cool

perhaps it could be used for spotting purposes or something, like say they're flying around the ship inspecting for damage, they can say that a certain dock is damaged because they know the number
    while I'm on this subject, this is a render of the lifeboats I did a few days ago
    90254.jpg
    That looks like it could be a minituer.
    gm2378 wrote: »
    Well, on most vessels, the escape pods are individually numbered on their exterior hatches. I would suggest each crewman is probably given a specifically designated pod to report to incase the abandon ship order is given. That's what I always assumed anyway.

I don't see that as being a good idea for the simple fact that someone who is on one end of the ship being screwed because his lifeboat assignment is at the front of the ship. "Oops, sorry. You have to get to your assigned spot and this ain't it. Good luck!"
    IRML wrote: »
    it's probably not, but I thought it looked cool

perhaps it could be used for spotting purposes or something, like say they're flying around the ship inspecting for damage, they can say that a certain dock is damaged because they know the number

Oh, it does look cool and I'm not in any way suggesting you change it. Just curious is all.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Superb work IRML, it looks like that was a major headache to do! :)
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, I know that would be a problem, but I figured that each crewman would be designated a particular numbered pod with those logistics worked out i.e. ensuring each crew member had an optimum route to their pod, that maybe the pods were designated to a group of crewmembers who's stations are located in the same deck section etc. Surely the pod layout would allow for that? Otherwise I really couldn't see a reason for them to be numbered in the first place ^^

I love the render of the pods above, they really do look like physical objects!
  • Kronos 1Kronos 10 Posts: 0Member
    I don't see that as being a good idea for the simple fact that someone who is on one end of the ship being screwed because his lifeboat assignment is at the front of the ship. "Oops, sorry. You have to get to your assigned spot and this ain't it. Good luck!"

Oh, it does look cool and I'm not in any way suggesting you change it. Just curious is all.

That is how they do it in the Navy. Each person has an assigned life-raft which is in proximity to the department you work in; each raft is numbered. If your department is in the front of the ship, then your rafts are at the bow or very near it etc. You report at your assigned rally point with your raft-mates and the assigned senior officer in charge. Take muster, then prepare to abandon ship. Tried and true.
    Interesting. I did not know that.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    You still need numbers. Take the Starfleet Cleaners Corps for example... "Someone vomitted on the upholstery on the last escape drill... Pretty sure it was one of the possible on the top of the saucer section... Good luck! " ;-)
    Looks great, Dave. You have to get this girl finished so you can get it into the SoTL calander next year... :-)
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work!
    I'm still curious though...the escape pods have a curved top, with a flat rim. So how do the dock's rim and the pod's rim meet, wouldn't the pod stick out in some places?

What I mean is...straight hull vs curved hull:
    IS6Zy.png
    gm2378 wrote: »
    I would suggest each crewman is probably given a specifically designated pod to report to incase the abandon ship order is given. )

That's pretty much what happens on real naval vessels. At least, in the time they've put up with me on board screwing around.
    Melak wrote: »
    Nice work!
    I'm still curious though...the escape pods have a curved top, with a flat rim. So how do the dock's rim and the pod's rim meet, wouldn't the pod stick out in some places?
    I've tailored each pod
    a few more update screenshots here

torpedo launchers and phasers
    91248.jpg91249.jpg91250.jpg91251.jpg91252.jpg
    and some material test renders
    91253.jpg91254.jpg
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1677 CaliforniaPosts: 1,945Member
    Beautiful! Very very nice IRML. I know you meant to do this but the backdrop makes it look like you are modeling this in reality with metal or plastic. Two thumbs up. What plans or orthos are you using? Maybe that's earlier in this long thread.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Looking dead sexy, Dave. :thumb:
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Very, very slick. Excellent work as usual Dave.
  • markmasseymarkmassey513 StaffordshirePosts: 587Member
    Great update as usual...

One thing i would like to ask is how you do your hull paneling textures... Thats something that i've been struggling with.. The texture on the nacelle looks great.