Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. Trafalgar, Ambassador Class Starship

McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
edited February 2014 in Finished Work #1
Finally, after a year and a half, I'm calling her done. :runs:

ambassador_2014-01-07-0059.jpg
ambassador_2014-01-07-0145.jpg
ambassador_2014-01-07-0224.jpg
ambassador_2014-01-07-0251.jpg

Addendum, 2014-02-13 (details here):
ambassador_2014-02-13-1151.jpg

WIP thread here.
104225.jpg
Post edited by McC on
JESSoul Scream
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Yay! Beautiful work. I've really enjoyed following the build. :thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Congrats and nice work! :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972320 Posts: 1,201Member
    Amazing work. She looks great.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    She came out beautiful, dude. Congrats on getting her finished.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Really a beautiful model man, it came out great! :thumb:
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    No rant againts your work, it's GREAT, but I wish the original designer/s would have had more time to create the Enterprise C. The Ambassador seems clumsy to me.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    Thanks, everyone! :D
    nightfever wrote: »
    No rant againts your work, it's GREAT, but I wish the original designer/s would have had more time to create the Enterprise C. The Ambassador seems clumsy to me.
    She does and she doesn't to me. On the one hand, I 100% understand why you feel that way, but having spent a loooooong time staring at every little bit of her ( ;) ), I've actually come to really appreciate what Sternbach and Jein ended up producing from Probert's original design. It actually marries the Excelsior and Galaxy really well and I think a lot of the goofiness simply comes from the fact that the two designs it sits between are just so radically different from one another. A bunch of little decisions, though, factor into the ultimate shape of the Ambassador and aside from a few things (like poorly thought-out window placement on the saucer), there's quite a bit of thought and consideration evident in the design...despite its goofiness. ;)
    It is what it is. The Ambassador is one of my favorite Starfleet designs. Having said that, I think I'd have preferred Andy Probert's design for the Ambassador. That's not to say I don't like Rick Sternbach's design, but Probert's was closer to the Galaxy. Though, logistically, Probert's design couldn't be done in time, so they had to go with Sternbach's less detailed and less curvy design. Still, given the time and what they had to accomplish with the fusion of designs, I think they did a fantastic job. She's still on my "to model" list, I'll get around to her someday. :D
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    nice work, i particularly like what you did to the top of the nacelles.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Gorgeous! Just Gorgeous!
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    I can't leave well enough alone! :D

ambassador_2014-02-13-1151.jpg

Revised the lighting so that all scene light is coming from a single unidirectional sun lamp ("distant" or "infinite" light in other programs) and the ship itself. Then futzed around with the compositing network a ton in order to try to smooth out the remaining "fireflies" in each of the direct and indirect channel passes. Added some more bloom and glare stuff. Tone mapped the whole render. Compare with the second render in the original post.
    JES
    That looks great. Single source lighting is definitely the way to go. It gives a more realistic "sun" look.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    Please do an orthographic schematic