Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-E

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,281Member
    IRML wrote: »
    it's a texture on a model, to make it look more 3D
    A simple texture or did you use the "intersecting planes" trick to add some low-poly trees?
  • ColonelColonel331 Posts: 0Member
    This work is so freaking awesome! I just found your thread and I'm looking foward to seeing more!
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    just trying to catch up with old WIP renders I hadn't posted, before some new updates soon hopefully, it's getting close to finished now

here I wasn't happy with the ribs on these launchers so I modeled it all one piece (old on the left, new on the right for comparison):

torpold.jpg torpnew.jpg

new engine surfaces - I set them all up with SSS and after some testing I realised it wasn't needed for impulse and warp, so I faked it for those two and I couldn't tell the difference, renders nice and fast too, the bussards were too complicated to fake well so I left them as they were:

impulse engine.jpg newwarp.jpg

not much to say here, just test renders with a placeholder panel map:

morepanels.jpg saucer panels.jpg
    95069.jpg95070.jpg95071.jpg95072.jpg95073.jpg95074.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Beautiful stuff as usual IRML! The last 2 look superb!

TEHBIAN!1
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Lush :)
  • tondemonaitondemonai173 Posts: 26Member
    I love tobias' work - it's amazing - but the level of realism of your renders is amazing. They really do look like pictures of an actual model.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweetness, I love the glowing, really cool.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Incredible.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant as always. IA’d love to hear how youA’re rendering it to achieve the "real" look in your renders.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Your test renders look amazing as always!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant as always. IA’d love to hear how youA’re rendering it to achieve the "real" look in your renders.

I find that an amusing question coming from you of all people! :lol:

I'm interested to know too. Not sure about the lighting setup, but I see post processing such as grain, film colour grading and some subtle chromatic aberration, but I'd love to know the whole process. I can never get my renders looking that good....
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice work as always mate.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    You've got some weird glitches around the corners of some of the windows on that under-saucer shot... looks like some un-welded points there with tiny gaps between polys...
    already fixed pavel!

it's to do with n-gons in LW, it's annoying but at least it teaches you to model cleaner
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    My computer would look at me like I'm crazy, if I tried to render things with this much detail... haha.

However, I'm with Tobias... how do you get this level of realism? O_O
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Actually, I now remember pointing that out before sometime :D
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    this is incredible.
  • NCC70637NCC706370 Posts: 0Member
    Simply some of the most amazing CG work I have ever seen. You sir are a true artist. I love the glow of the nacelles they are just perfect as is the extreme detail on the Enterprise its simply amazing !!!!! I cannot wait for some shots to come out I would love to put them on my desktop for sure !!!!!
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    hmm still going on this? I wondered if you had finished yet.. guess not LOL Dave as always, primo work...but I gotta tease you.
  • tooie32tooie320 Posts: 7Member
    Awesome work mate looks like ya almost finished with the model would be cool if it was released for public use but I am sure it won't heh.

while I was reading old posts I did see a familiar name Rel777. If I am not mistaken did he made a large model version of the Sovereign Class? If he did is he still selling them or did he stop selling it?
    damn, last update was in april

life's definately got in the way of this - there's been weddings, house moves and funerals but things have calmed down and I'm making some progress at last

it's only a screenshot but I don't want to waste time setting up a render when I could be modeling

as you can see not far to go now
    97837.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    I know the feeling, busy lives (and some apathy hehe).

Awesome update IRML
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    yeah.. apathy abounds sometimes...

Looks great sir! Here in a couple of months I'm going to try my hand on building an Ent E.. been wanting to do a Destiny novel wallpaper.. have the Titan, and the Aventine.. now just need the Ent E... :)

Looks great! hope you get plenty of time to finish her!:cool:
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Glad you're back IRML - Looking Fantastic.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's always worth the wait to see another update on this beauty. :)
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    Still wishing you could use the long hyphen like the Ent-D and Eaves Turk-E, but that's only problem, because this model's perfect.
    Still wishing you could use the long hyphen like the Ent-D and Eaves Turk-E...
    you've been saying this for years, my task is to reproduce the filming model as faithfuly as possible, my registry is accurate so I'm happy
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks excellent Dave!
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    IRML wrote: »
    you've been saying this for years, my task is to reproduce the filming model as faithfuly as possible, my registry is accurate so I'm happy

You do realize that I only say that because there's nothing that's actually wrong with your model, right?