Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Great thread of MKF trek crap. Head to the last page to see the most recent entries.

note below is icon image IE its junk small please move on ----> :p

new crap at the end
>
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.
Tagged:

• EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    well, I for one am always happy to find support vessels and stations... too many people make just ships and leave it to those of us with lesser modeling skills to scrounge up backgrounds to fill the scenes with :D not to bite the hand that feeds me ya know. am just sayin there's more in space than ship and hubble Space telescope backgrounds
  • seanrseanr1123 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 602Member
    Eoraptor wrote: »
    well, I for one am always happy to find support vessels and stations... too many people make just ships and leave it to those of us with lesser modeling skills to scrounge up backgrounds to fill the scenes with :D not to bite the hand that feeds me ya know. am just sayin there's more in space than ship and hubble Space telescope backgrounds
    Your goal, then, should be to develop your skills to the point where you are able to make those kinds of things yourself. Start with something simple like a work bee or a cargo pod and work your way up.

Looking good, MKF
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    :) MKF, you seem to like to have 3 meshes on the run, do ya? :D

it's good one, looking forward for more...
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    This is gonna be interesting! Will you detail it as much as the Onimaru?
    I'll be watching this anyway, very exciting, just like all your other work :D
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    How is it that you make even a brace look interesting?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    looks like you have another thread for me to keep track of. Eoraptor is right, to many people only make ships. I would like to see Vanguard Station made. It's too complicated for me to try it for now. I'm making a plaque.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Small update. This part has taken so much time mostly because all 3 of the 3d fandocks have this diffrent and the dvdcaps I made look completely diffrent as well. lol
    The area with the white arrow in some scenes looks like this others its more rounded off. IE chamfer that ahrd edge a few times. I decided on the latter (not in my samples here) The green arrow shows where I farked up by not paying attention to the dvd caps. There is a inset area flowing across here. So Ill either take liberties here or remodel that area with some greif since everything there is chamfered already :O
    Anyhoo small update.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    Idea detail wise is to allow thois to be used with the Onimaru in close up so Itll have quite a bit of detail. I will prolly texture some of it vs modeling though. But time will tell. I plan on making 2 of these one for the Ambassador era and this one. Which I have yet to decide if I will copy the film one as close as possible or take liberties. Pressure so far is for the latter. Plan is to release this mesh as well. So Im shooting for a sub 200k mesh.

EDIT old OP images moved to allow a OP image in the forum.
    nice one... I'd say leave these areas like they are now... A bit of your changings make it start to be unique... ;)
    I have decided to take a few liberties. I will be making some things more like the original concept with ti being a modular system. The one from the film had this big ass scoop thing that docked directly into the Soverign's upper docking bay. Something that ISNT consistant with any other FED design. SO I will make ajustments there and in a few other places.

The update more of a real update. I started working on the habatat sections of the dock. Note on the original each fo these sections has a outer docking hatch and the windows serve no purpose other than rooms for the staff of the dock.
    Attachment not found. Attachment not found.
    As one can see Im detailing parts as I go adding in things like the window boxes early on. NOTE as well the maps are from the Balmung, the entirly wrong era and way off scale. These windows are a much diffrent scale than the maps used, its just to give something to look at. As well the window boxes are just adding 3 polies so no worries about adding extra weight to the mesh.
    wow.. impressive... Veeeeeeery impressive...
    I never liked that scoop thing on the Nemisis drydock so I'm glad your getting rid of it and your going to release it.
    Hingy bits. Some of it has to wait for the other parts to have something to model to.
    More crap
    Textures materials are temp.
    {{edit}} note the glows are jacked up and the windowboxes are missing some how they escaped the cloning process. Mesh is sitting at 16k polies btw
    now it has fingers. 25k Now just the center sections and detail work on the arms and some sort of rail system underneath and braces.

I have ajustments to make like the fingers need more of a spread towards the mounts and the lights are tapering with them they should be consistant up the arm. As well as a 100 other little things. What looks one way looks totaly diffrent later >_<, then there is thew view out of Picards office. . . UGHH lol Serves me right for watching anime while modeling. Anyhoo As I said earlier it wont be a exact copy more of a refit. I want to add some machinery too like repair arms and so forth since Im sure workbees cannot be expected to do all the work.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    you go speedy..............
    wow... it looks already like a finished one...
    Amazing work, and so fast! I'm a great fan of this design, even more so if it's gonna lose the starship-dustbuster :)
    In fact, this drydock got me started with modeling in the first place, and by documenting your WIP I may actually be able to build her :D
    Up to 175k of detail is yet to come, and it looks so nice already!
    More ajustments. Replaced the pipes and ajusted parts to corraspond with the screen caps. And fixed part of the lights. Bit hard to see but the upper lights are in recessed boxes.
    Attachment not found.
    I wont be copying the dock in Nemesis completly but I want to make the outer pars as close as possible as one can by refrencing areas no wider than 15pixels lol
    Right now Im oft fixing things where I get to involved in looking at the fan docks. Instead of the ripped video sequence. (having the dock move seems to help a lot in decifering depth to things. >_>

Oh yeah 200k is just a ceiling Im wanting so it MIGHT just come in under that, time will tell though :p
    love it... very great...
    Hey, I saw your request thread for reference images and you said you don't need any more caps of the DVD since you can make them yourself...I compared your caps to some I made from my own DVD, and I don't know if it's because of widescreen stuff but my caps are nearly twice as big..of course you could have resized them for the forum but I just wanted to be sure...they resample nicely to twice that resolution, too. If you think little bigger caps could help you I'd be glad to make some :)
    Cap:
    vlcsnap-450286.jpg.xs.jpg

Resampled Cap:
    vlcsnap-4502862.jpg.xs.jpg
    Its because your app upscaled them thus blurring them
    I manualy rip the video data off the dvd in raw rgb then use lancos3 to strech the 704X480 raw data to the proper 866X480, (vdub) since the movie isnt 16X9 itll be letterboxed so the resulting image is about 856X367 or some crap like that.
    you can see the artifacting in the larger image in any 45deg high contrast angles. Lancos does a better job than nearest neighbor which that larger image reveals. In the end its a loss of detail than a gain for a image 2X heavier.

Long run I accualy stopped doing caps and am using a corrected aspec video on loop
    More stuff, mostly details. I am a bit put off on some of these but I want to get it to a point where it resembles the nemesis yards so it is a beliveable refit or varation. A note on a scanned portion of early proto drawings notes the Yards are suppose to be modular. So I will take this idea further so that the arms and framework will look such so one could add lengths to accomodate longer ships or use a wider endcaps to allow wider ships and so forth.
    Don't you ever stop doing awesome stuff? How should one catch up :shiner:
    It's really beautiful, no matter how canon or uncanon it may be :)
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    What's with the thread title?

You cearly love TREK (i've been following your various threads with much envy) so why do you dismiss it by putting 'crap' in the title.

P.S. Love the dry dock.
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    What's with the thread title?

You cearly love TREK (i've been following your various threads with much envy) so why do you dismiss it by putting 'crap' in the title.

P.S. Love the dry dock.

It's so people will say 'it's not crap is amazing', and inflate his ego! :D
    Good work as alway's!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Wow Nice dock MFK, I can't wait to see a ship in it!
    I love it...
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    *busily searching my paperwork for Koi's contract with the devil, form SC489.666 to determine the terms for selling his soul for such mad skillz*

Looking good either way :thumb: Am waiting to see how you tackle the the docking clamp thingamabobber that attaches to the ship (IE the thing that is stuck to the back of Big E in the movie.)
    how do you do this so fast yet so good? Excellant work as always.
    Well keep in mind Whats posted here is all thats modeled the rest is just cloning :p
    Im not liking the canon plate bits. I know the materials are all off a bit (mostly to allow one to see the diffrences) I have started diverging a bit in how the main hull windows are set and by showing some sort of channel thatthe outer arms sits in. NOW I havent decided if I want to make the armsslide up and down the hull ormake it so that they clamp on in only certian areas. IE every segment etc. Latter makes the most sence so if I do I might remove the grooves from the hnner hull. I also inset the "deflector" looking thing seen on the docks nose. They could be fancy double deck windows but it clearly is a diffrent colour than the rest of the windows on the thing. It matches the glowy bars on the sides of the fingers more than it did the windows.

The crap is in refrence to it being my crap. IE like stuff? shrug. And well this thread will fill with it in time since Ill keep all the small prj here. So far its just a dock.