Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • starburststarburst0 Posts: 0Member
    So this is more of a Defiant type ship then? kind of like the plan for the pathfinder (which was used for the Equinox)

What are you going to do about those RCS, keep them fairly low key like Defiant or more visable?

I likes the updates :D
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice update. I was thinkin bout what you said bout not really havin shuttlebays. What about a captains yacht then?
    Some red lines and vents for the impulse reactors or whatever. (seen on the sov and other ships near the impulse) I modeled these as vanes but I think I will redo them as cap like vents.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    And yes the lines need to be toned down I used the wrong material (registry red instead of marking red ughh) Oh and a view of the shuttle clearance easily 7ft.
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Nice updates, I'v been thinking about the shuttle bays and I'm surprised that you didn't place the shuttle bay at the back on the back curve of the bottom hull, It seems a bit much for a ship of this size to have two shuttle bays. Though I do like what you have done with them! Are you planning on making a smaller shuttle like what is used on the Defiant?
    Shuttle/cargo bay. Its going to be tight with the computer core and other junks inside of the saucer. currently I have about 4 decks of hull above the bay and 1 or 2 below. Biggest issue is the computer core so the fore bay next to the shuttle will have to be something other than a cargo bay. the shuttles seem to be a bit too large in scale to my bald klink. So take the shuttle scale with a grain of salt they seem to be in scale to a 10ft person >_>
    Attachment not found.
    The thing on the bottom might be a drop off ship of some sort or a pure sensor array. I havent decided as of yet.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet up dates MFK, I likeing the "Nipples"

As for the next thing go for the thruster, if you don't want to do the stander ST ones, you could go the hole they use on the Vipers in BSG, just an idea.
    That aft hull part is quite small the shot showing the shuttle clearance shows that it would be a tight fit. The way I have things set I dont have to worry about warp core clearance plasma conduits or other things going aft to the ship. As well It can carry at least two medium sized mission craft onboard. maybe more if I sacrafice the deck below the bays for stowage of shuttles etc.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    this is awesome, you're well on your way to building your own fleet
    Yeah, my own fleet of unfinished ships lol.
    Not much of a update got distracted. mostly building and rebuilding the cargo bay. Current shape its in now is temp as well I might reconfig it. So just a lameO aft shot with a peek inside. And a interior note lighting is crap and well its all low poly.
    Not wanting to go too deep into this but I am thinking of having some junk visable from outside such as misc cartons or barrels and some crud like loading equipment etc. At this time I have decide to leave the bay alone. Since I have now a rough idea where I can stick windows and where I cannot. So its served its purpose for now.
    Oh forgot to resize the damned shuttles too image here shows the screw up in scale.
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    very cool ship
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    View of the new vents above the impulse grill and the beginings of the aft breifing room/office whatever. Bridge will be a deck down or a half deck down from there.
    Attachment not found.
    plz ignore the fubar inpulse material, it got messed up somewhere along the line.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    sweetnes.. your taking the detail level way up... wish i could be this good :(

i like the shuttle bays/cargo bays.. its nice to see somebody put some good detailed shuttlebays in a ship..

keep it up.... and what show is your avitar now? :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    hehe... Mama-shuttle and baby-shuttle... :lol:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet MKF, i like where you are going with this.
    Its the nastly little hostest at the end of Lucky Star. She has this stupid little sailor suit uniform thing with lace on it and attitude, show is a bit stupid as well as the skits she is from but *shrug* the image was good, just need to get a better raw to pull from. (notes all the blue vomit around he head.)
    lucky-anim.gif
    I havent a bloody clue why every comedy anime has to have all this dancing char in it of late but eh music is nuts.
    http://www.madfishway.rr.nu/sfmstuff/lucky-chan-01.jpg
    lucky-chan-02.jpg
    lucky-chan-03.jpg
    ^ note really ugly ass cap
    that one image is too huge to inline
    he he, sounds good.. thanks

and yeah.. always have to have a musical number... :D
  • sovranesovrane332 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work my friend. I am in love.
    My question is: Where do you take the inspiration from?
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    love the shuttles.
    sovrane wrote: »
    Beautiful work my friend. I am in love.
    My question is: Where do you take the inspiration from?

Others work past work and things around me. Most of the time I just wing it. I found the more intresting things come from that. As well as some really um ugly things too lol. But i noticed most of my trek stuff doesnt stray much from the nacels saucer and secondary hull layout. So Im a bit dissapointed in those regards of my own creativity. But then again I never drew trek ships untill I started to do 3d here. shrug, I must have caught the virius here from someone, musta been Deks since it was his NX project that brought me back to sfm (signed on back in 2001) never posted I dont think.
    Either way 750more gigs arrived on my door this afternoon SOOOOO Ill prolly be doing that then heading out so I dunno how much work will get done exp since SG and Atlantis are on tonight, yeah I know your eu peeps seen it all already :p

Shuttles, are leftovers from the Onimaru. So those are more than likely the items that will reside in this ship too.
    MadKoiFish wrote:
    it was his NX project that brought me back to sfm (signed on back in 2001) never posted I dont think.
    You were here before and went? Interesting...

I really like your work... The details you get on your ships aren't even on the cinema-models... And beside, the 'problem' with less creativity is a thing that several 3D-artist I know have... Guess there would be many guys around who would love it to have their sketches done by you... ;)
    Well I was here looking at things I had gotten a copy of max 2.5 from family cuase he decided to use something else at the time and came here to see what I could do with it at the time 3d didnt intrest me much. I was more involved in painting writting and web pub. As well about that Time I think I was at Sony so I was busy with video games, not much life in that industry. I slept in the office more than I did at home :p
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    MASSIVE DROOL CITY !!!!!

Nicely done, Mad Koi. Very cool. Whomever designed the Akira should've (instead,) been you!!! Akyazi meets the Akira meets the Defiant Pathfinder-Class. Nicely converged concept.
    i know how ya feel.. not much in to 3d until a year ago.. sp just getting started, although i hope to surpase you one day :D

nothing wrong with a semi-limited inagination when it comes to this.. i now many that just slap a galaxy saucer on to an akira roll bar with voyager naccells and call it original.. while yours ARE original... great work Koi
    huge panel with some greble pits. and some windows, got a lot done huh? lol
    Thinking I should have rounded the light grey parts bottom before I inset it last week >_<;'
    Might be able to um "fix" it later. oops some material isnt where its suppose to orz.

lol the Akira if I remember was done back in 84? I know its old so I was prolly doing something else like attending grade school :p
    fixed. fixed the segmentation on the hatch as well thought 4 edges a corner would be enough, guess it wasnt >_>
    Attachment not found.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    are you modelling your decal lines on, or just textures?
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Only textures are the impulse lines and warp grills. (bitmaps) I do have stuff like gradients and other junk on things like bussards the hooded scoops etc.
    Oh and Mr.Baldy, I really gotta make him some hair or at least a beard.
    The poor bastard.

OH GOD I just opened the jpg. . . heh nothing new red is jpg mpeg enemy #1. Anyhoo seems my settings got messed up somewhere so Ill have to reset them so the reds arnt so nasty.
    hmh... this guy looks Klingon-ish... ;)