Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Excellent..... great job on he pooper...

and yet anouther avitar :D great work
  • AescapuliusAescapulius331 Posts: 0Member
    /b/ comes scarily to mind...

Oh, God there's an image I really didn't need.

Rule #34 Star Trek ships. Gahhhh...

Looks good, Mad!
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9841 Posts: 5,334Member
    Quick rundown of deck heights. Need this in order to level up windows granted I have split level decks etc scattered about. But its just for general ref.
    Attachment not found.
    eh bit low rez guess I should have output at 2X that :p

bigger
    Attachment not found.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    very nice.....good starship.........:)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, pretty impressive...
    TRhose ships should really fly amongst the Sovereign and others...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    She coming alone nicely, Bud! :thumb:
  • TomasSilverlocTomasSilverloc0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool design.

I was looking at it and had constructive thought, I was noticing where the impulse deck and the photon torp tubes were in the back. It appears that the impulse exhaust runs right across the rear escape pods, which I would think would be a bad thing. :)

In my mind, I think it would be better if if put the impulse engines were the torp tubes are and vise versa.

Just my $.02
    Thoose arnt escape pods but access hatches, only accessed when the ship is in dock. Other reason for the layout is the room for the internal impulse assemblies. The area where the torps are wouldnt allow for plasma conduits for the nacels and leave room for the Impulse assemblies. Fusion cores drivers etc.

Lifeboats, are something I have been thinking about lately. I so quickly filled the backside up without thinking about leaving some room for at least a single lifeboat. DOUH
    I considered not having any at all and let everyone scramble for the 2 or 3 shuttles int he bay :D But thats sorta cruel so I guess I should do more thinking on how to blend the things in with the current layouts I have on paper.

I should have rendered that desk height image without that right nacel as well so people can see the hull behind it >_< ughh
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    Don't have anything constructive to say about the mesh that hasn't already been said, but do gotta say, love the avvie Koi :thumb:
    hehe... neither constructive like Eoprator...

expect: Great ava... Now it matches you... :thumbsup:
  • TomasSilverlocTomasSilverloc0 Posts: 0Member
    ah..ok, now knowing those are not escape hatches makes things different, then I have no criticisms. Can't wait to see it done. :)
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

lifeboat type I am considering.

Avvie dunno, it has been some time since my hair was that long and blue. :p
  • t-castt-cast331 Posts: 0Member
    What exceptional quality - even the little scale-figure is detailed.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The escape pod looks good.
  • CGandy75CGandy750 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work! What more is there to say except keep it up... :thumb:
    going for the standard esape pod I see. Look forward to see where you put them.
    Ok not much, caught that damned head cold again -_-, I swear it must be cause we have a lot of kids on my street or something, the last 2 years have been the worse.
    Anyhoo woke up and relised I left everything open and whatnot and hadn't posted this image. I dont plan on chamfering much here since these pods will bot be seen this close. Not to mention Im sorta getting outta hand on this ship. Need to learn to balance detail better.
    Attachment not found.
    btw the klingon is almost all texture maps. I should remap him with a fed uniform. And give him some hair. . . .
    Oh as well I wont be modeling the entire pod. I might have some dummy mesh below to allow me to map out room or internal volume. So dont expect anything below the cap :p

lol the 3 digit pod # is probably totaly unnessacary, unless theres some st rule about it even if the ship isnt equiped with more than 100 pods?
    Looks great as always.
    Dunno if this is the stupid way of dealing with the hatch #s but shrug. Each hatch is a instance so technicaly anything I do to one will affect the others. Additional details will be textured on.
    Attachment not found.
    oh each unit will hold about 12 people in comfort more if need be. Plans are 8 0n each side of the saucer and a few someplace on the secondary (6 total maybe). So 264 crew in comfort?

funny how these sorts of things look better when there is a cluster of em :D
    eh I should prolly have the ship reg and name on em too bleah. Prolly texture that :p
    You amaze me on how fast you can knock something to gather, it would have taken me the better part of a day to do that.
    Ok I think i wasted time here lol Ill have to finish up all the detail on the pods before I place them then copy them instead of instance so I can then change the # plates.
    Because I cannot clone them to the other side of the ship as a grouped instance and copy and get the text to line up.
    As well doing 4 per upper saucer is getting a bit close to the registry. Id do it on the outer rim but that area is really sloped. thus making egress into the pod more of a nightmare.
    So I might shift the pods on the outside of those nozzle things and move the phaser strips to the outer rim.
    Attachment not found.
    So at this point I think ill go laydown for a bit and read. :p cold tabs are making me sleepy
    Lbs pushed to the outer rim of that level. Not sure on this either. I think Il have to lose a set of Lbs off of the top.
    Attachment not found.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    I would make them more flush with the body instead of being raised and move them towards the rear of the saucer, such that they would shoot upwards at around 45 degrees to the body whilst keeping them away from the nacelles

Edit: like the attachment
    spudmonkey wrote: »
    I would make them more flush with the body instead of being raised and move them towards the rear of the saucer, such that they would shoot upwards at around 45 degrees to the body whilst keeping them away from the nacelles

Edit: like the attachment

. . . . . uh they are just aligned from the top not set to be final positions. I am not spending hours flushing a layout to change it later. :p
    The pods will be in a recess similar to the Soverign. I mighr even make that recess surface align to the world Z axis. So its square to the halls and passages inside.

attachment location puts them right infront of the bussards. and makes a holy mess of layouts try walking into a room that slops off at a 50deg angle. Lifeboats that made a person crawl around inside has always irked me. The disorintation even if grav plates are used would be enough to slow evac to kill a good many people. Second consider my cargo bay those pods would leave little to no room to access the lbs in that location.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh yeah, forgot about the bays... Bung 'em all on the underside ;) I guess you're going to have to play until you find a happy place for them!
    LOl I dont even wanna think about the undrside >_>
    its all wierd angles and crap down there. More than likely the lower phasers will get shifted as well and the pods will sit in the flat area of the lower saucer. Currently the topside is mostly aggravated by those nipples. I had totaly forgotten to take in consideration of lb placement. NONE of my drawings of this new design has any allocation for them >_<
    Image shows the lack of open areas for things. the flat down there is a bit narrow. So the pods will prolly be on the outer rim. Exactly where I DONT want them :p
    Attachment not found.
    ohwell lol

I do need to determine a name or class for this ship since it is no longer the linerunner v3. I plan to redo the linerunner as a purely larger ship, maybe a offshoot of the nova class
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    I think your first lbs placement but with 3 rather than 4 might be a better way to go, just imo.
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Meant to ask before, what colour are you planning for the lifeboats?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Lbs pushed to the outer rim of that level. Not sure on this either. I think Il have to lose a set of Lbs off of the top.
    Attachment not found.

Like this idea better. :cool:

Been looking at the Nova Class Schematics and think it'll wok well there. Thats my 2 cents on the subject :)

Just don't do a silly thing and ...oh...put the phaser strip right in front of them :p :lol:

Great work Mad. Nice to see how peoples designs evolve :thumb:
    Interesting...