Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

1101102103104105107»

• akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    I also will likely turn off the blue glows in those caps I added to the nacelles. It just appears as too much glowy crap.

I think it looks absolutely fine as it is with the "glowy crap".
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Yes, it is a doodle. . . . . . . . probably have a thread this would fit better somewhere but bah this will do. . . :flippy:

Some where I got the stupid idea of a reboot NX01, dunno why or what for. Maybe it was the idea of taking on a pre tos design without the history and influence of FC etc. That or I just wanted to do a TOS like small ship and have some of these curved forms in my head. I dunno. Either way more I thought about it the more it was like, why. Do we really need a reboot nx01? No, not really. So I dunno where this will go or if it will develop any more than it has here. I even considered contacting Doug to see if he would let me peek at some of the other ideas he had produced if it was possible prior to the akira layout. And develop it based on those ideas as a what if. dunno, I should probably finish off some other projects . HAH. (yes I know of the 2 Eaves images already)

and no I have not forgotten the other projects.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Looks a little too small, the original NX was pretty cramped already, but other than that, I'm digging on it, particularly how all the parts fit together.
    I wouldn't say the nx was any worse off than some lux liners. Given the saucer is the same dai of the connie and the crew is only 82 I think they could fit comfortably in what I am designing.
    Anyhow that is besides the point this thing as drawn with details like those observation windows is too small. Just picture those about half the height they are. I would say it is smaller than the original NX, BUT her girth would be easily the same or more than the nx01. Say 180~200m I cannot say for sure until I start building her. If I build her. I am after something compact.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ItA’s a good addtion to the Koiverse :D
    Looks like you have two versions for the backside. If so, the one on top is the one I like more. :)
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Seems only proper that your connie has a granddaddy NX done in your style
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    hahah yeah pretty presumptuous of me ne? :D Oh well it helps define that my crap is all my own little split in the trekverse I guess.

Well should probably put this in my 2d thread but I am lazy and do not want to look for it so here we go part2. Spent most of the day doing yard work the 80f weather made it a 3ft jungle. So, because of that I got little else done this afternoon ffff.
    Layout on the bottom right is I think it. I dunno what will go on with the bottom as of yet but the impulse will divide the upper saucer from the lower and those struts will rise from below. So that shuttle bay will consist of the central area of the saucer. I might rethink things in an attempt to find a more centralized power/engine room. ATM it would be a split fusion core with the A/M core elsewhere somewhere forward of the bridge likely then splitting aftwards through the fusion cores for the impulse then to the struts. ehhhhhhhh

And yes fatty nacelles, this is one thing I always thought out of everything that the NX lacked. Old tech = bulk It really shows when you have little models of all the ships in scale that you see how tiny those things really are.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    hahah yeah pretty presumptuous of me ne? :D Oh well it helps define that my crap is all my own little split in the trekverse I guess.

Do you have brazilian friends there, ne?
    Native from Brazil, "ne" is a contraction of the words "not" and "is" ("nao" and "e" in portuguese), used when you’re waiting a confirmation about what you’re saying. :D
    Well, considering all the Trek ships designed by you until now, I think you have all the rights to canonize the Koiverse universe. :lol:
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Nice!

It's a bit in the same vein as your old Linerunner model.
    It is a bad habit, it is a way of turning a sentence or statement into a question or to suggest your placing a statement as a question in Japanese. There are some people who I deal with that sorta go between the 2 languages and often add these bits onto English, so it sorta in the end rubs off. Really it has similar meanings I suppose lol.

Linnier:
    Yeah it sorta is similar but much would be given the Linerunner suffers the same wtf do you do with the deflector as the NX-01 and a few other ships of the no secondary hull persuasion.
    Here are some samples of the 3d model If I post it all here it will get a new thread.

Thinking I made the 3d model a bit to large. Wanting to keep under a certain deck height but it is looking to squashed, I am loosing that verticality in the drawings.
  • RekkertRekkert4039 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,303Member
    I like your doodles very much, particularly the last top view.
    Regarding the 3D model, I know it's too soon; but in my opinion the saucer looks too rounded for its small deck count, making it more angular will probably add the the "smaller" effect and to the verticality you seek, (at least in my humble opinion).
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    teasers

leaning toward the taller of the two least in layout proportions are up in the air atm.

plans are for some masao like klinkers and maybe some other romulan designs other than that BOT one I did. Dunno how I would represent the roms though The design while cool for ent just was too curvy for me. I also want to do a tosish station like the vanguard that doug had posted up and I think Tobias did. Doubt I would have the patience for the details though on something that large.

One of the things that hurts my head is the size difference between these and a NX. 80 person crew on a 200+ m ship but the Daedalus is 230?! Canon is 105m yeah subs have heavy bunk counts but the difference is wtf. SO with this in mind I might be bumping mine off canon or speculative size (140m) to something like 250m. But I will start with 150m and see where that takes me girth wise in the sphere. I gotta have room fro the bridge and some ideas at the base of the bridge and if those wont fit the ship is going to grow.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I'd love to see your take on the Dadelous class.
    Hi MadKoiFish, love your work! :)

I was browsing Amazon for a new calendar and thought about getting a sci fi one...and saw a pic of the back of the Ships of the Line 2014 calendar and I'm sure one of the featured pictures is of your U.S.S. Onimaru. Did you know about this? I'd hate to think they've taken it without your permission.

I apologise if you've mentioned this, with 300+ pages to this thread alone...oi!:rolleyes:
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    The Ships of the Line producers actively work with the fanbase to create the calendars. MadKoiFish was invited to contribute along with all of the others and they all received proper credit for their work.
    Ah didn't see that...my search skills are not the best. Good to know and congrats! :D

PS - could have saved me the embarrassment if you'd had PM's enabled MadKoiFish! :p