Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    These renders just look absolutely lush mate, fantastic work, and amazing the amount of detail you're throwing at this thing.

:thumb:
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Ok, yeah I have made a right mess of the light fixtures on this one but I do not care. . . . hah Just after light and well no one will see any fancy flowing looking nice ceiling lights. heh. Still laying things out but I am burning out along with my eyeballs. Something in this area is driving me nuts, prolly a huge colony of mildew in the roof. God I gotta get out of this house. uh anyhow.

Well more interior crap. I think though I will move off to something else next. Either it being elsewhere on this model or onto another project for a bit. I do know I have some animation coming my way so setting up a slave box to spit out frames is probably my next step in things to do around the house, now though which pc to abscond with for it. . . . . yuck.

Hell anyone got a 1366 i7 cpu laying about? I sorta waited too long to utilize this EVGA mobo that is laying about. Granted Id need to source ram, psu, and probably a ssd. And a new KB. The one I am using is slowly falling apart, creaks missing my ./del key (broke) so now the num lock is in it's place and I got a glowing hole where that once was. T_T ugh.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    ...I've run out of compliments....
    Layout of the lower saucer windows. I might add a row to that inner bevel but the outside hull I do not think I will since those would end up as floor holes. HAH. I have considered a few choice cutouts ala ent D&E these were use don VOY as well to avoid funky interior angles (IE a cheat to make sets cheaper and redressable) Not all of the windows will be cut, some are temps while I decide wtf to do. Such as the ones on the front, not to mention clearance for the registry that I guess I never got around to doing. (reasons for the lights)

Not too happy with some of the neck crap so I might end up flushing it and redoing it.
  • Billynom8Billynom8186 Posts: 44Member
    Insane detail!! :o
    *jaw unhinges*
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    I'm afraid i've exhusted my vocab on adjectives, synonyms, etc on the variation of awesome, cool, etc etc.
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks truly marvellous. I love that ship and all the details.
    Added the reg and corrected the POKE through of the interior boxes. Yes, the reg isn't centered, I offset it originally to get it away from the inset hull, the idea being it wouldn't be obscured so much at steep angles. BUT, now I am looking at it rendering out I dunno.Ignore the blue material it is a nonstandard mat (dunno why) and I have to go in and replace it with arch design later on. I found a old doodle image where I had planned out the windows here and that has me considering yanking all the work on that rim bit and redoing it.
    Some more notches and holes. Decided to nix the outer windows since those would have been REAL funky with only about a foot of height variation. I considered insetting them really deep but the space behind is tight having the lifeboats so close. I have to think about if I want to do just a few sets or not at all.
    *jaw unhinges*

I...have actually run out of compliments.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Great work on stair-stepping the undersides of hulls. I wonder how many notches one could do--ziggurat fashion...
    Well, as many as the decks would allow. The SOV did this much more than I have done. Least in the terms of stepped levels. I however want to try to convey a feeling that not all decks span a hull like a slice of bread. Hence the offsets on larger windows and the smaller ones. If taken in profile you will see they are often a half deck off. Give or take.

Update: details around that spine and the new sensor gubbins. And a few more holes punched into the neck. I have one more row to go and that is it for the neck. Want to keep windows off that tight curve, cannot even begin to imagine the horrible mess of an interior that would make hah. Lower hull is just going to be great fun getting the cutters inline to cut the windows. YUCK.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Dang your level of details is most amazing to unfold...
    I just love it.
    *jaw unhinges, user proceeds to drool*

frakkit I need a bloody bib...
  • 3d2473d2470 Posts: 0Member
    Loving this. Any time I need a little inspirational pick me up to get me going on my stuff, I gravitate to your work, which is simply amazing. Onimaru is a master piece.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    I love the look of that deflector. Just beautiful!
    This will go here until I decide if I want to make a new thread.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Are you cooking up a new Enterprise? If so, this is going to be awesome.
    Interesting. What's the idea behind this? Some new Enterprise which is a crossbreed between the original and new movie version? Will look forward to seeing what you come up with as always.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    I love the Onimaru's deflector... I always felt that that's how the 1701-E's deflector should look... like a cross between the D's and Voyager's deflector. Nicely done!
    I love the Onimaru's deflector... I always felt that that's how the 1701-E's deflector should look... like a cross between the D's and Voyager's deflector. Nicely done!

You can thank John Eaves for that design idea since it is a evolution of something he proposed for the sov.
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    Are you cooking up a new Enterprise? If so, this is going to be awesome.

yup, in a way a updated version with less blocky feel and hopefully better modeling. I have no hopes of a lower poly count though. It is something I have been toying with mentally for over a year now. Probably since I started work on that Thanatos ship. Reminds me I still need to order that calendar. Be a bit rotten to be published in something I do not have a copy of. FFFF Anyhow I am building this more in scale with the TMP refit 1000ft vs the reconnie which came in at about 1200ft. It is a sharp loss in volume in places but I hope to get it to work out at that size. Mostly it is the saucer and neck areas that are getting tight. I expected the bridge area to be really tight but it seems to work out ok. Figuring out where the primary hull docking collars will go is a question lol. Might have to break up my planned saucer rim plating for it.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    That deflector dish is beautiful. Does that rectangularish feature slide to cover the airlock?
    Have to agree, loving the hybrid glowy and gold plated look deflector, very nice. The cut out around the secondary hull airlock port is a nice touch too.
    No those blocky things are wave guides or whatever, it is part of the deflector system from what I know. (reliant has similar doodads on it's saucer top near the crew blocks)

The deflector is just a dummy part from my reimagined reboot model. Youll have to go over to F3D for the images since I do not think there are any elsewhere that does not req registration. (not willing to give up attachment space to them here) I am not sure yet which style I will go for on the deflector. Likely something less glowy but who knows.

That airlock cutout is a bit of a throwback to that area on the TOS connie and well I saw a nice flat area that that collar could go into and well this leads to that and it ended up there.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I have to agree with everyone else, that is the coolest deflector dish I have seen. I can't wait to see more!
    This is the ship it belongs to.
    rereboot210.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Still looks amazing. The whiteness makes it look like an Apple spaceship. Though you don't want to use its' built-in navigation system.
    1a6126a5
    Get some good ol dukes airtime off that.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Captain, the Earth has activated it's cloaking device!

Oh man, there was a joke I wrote ages ago for a Trek-like story that involved an invisible planet, there's an empty chair that seats the Ambassador from the Invisible Planet. Then someone rushes in to take the seat, apologizing for running late.