Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    Ok time to collapse this and start filling in the grids where I want crap, mostly working on the neck impulse area and the forward port thingies. Windows and crap will wait.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, wonderful as always, MK. :)
    Stuff, impulse grills/housing will not be sticking out but will be cut into the hull.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    In the last image, what is that bar I the middle for?
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    In the last image, what is that bar I the middle for?
    Obviously a ramp for when the captain decides to go roller skating on the hull during drydock visits. ;)
    Most if not all of the elements reflect those of the TMP or TOS ships so any schematic on those should give you a fair idea what is what.

Ok, most of this was all prior to dinner, been sorta out of it since then. heh. Anyhow lots of rendering and mucking around to get the impulse nozzle things the way I want. They are still a bit off though. Probably rework all the glow stuff to a single material.
    Hm... To me, it feels like the red needs to be darker and stronger, more covering.....
    It's not supposed to be red.
    updates sorta.
    Not red? But they're the impulse engines, aren't they?
  • seanrseanr1142 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 608Member
    I actually like the orangish color. :-)

Great work, MKF.
    I just wonder what you'll have in store for that currently smooth plate inside the impulse engines.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    Not red? But they're the impulse engines, aren't they?

Impulse engines have been blue, green, yellow, orange and red. I don't think color has any bearing on the function.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    I just wonder what you'll have in store for that currently smooth plate inside the impulse engines.

You will have to wait since I moved over to other things for now. trughfully I have no idea ATM.

Starting to cut in all the grid crap. Colors are to designate pain panels and crap.
    Juvat wrote: »
    Impulse engines have been blue, green, yellow, orange and red. I don't think color has any bearing on the function.
    I dunno, you just kinda get used to the Starfleet reddish hue....
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Only if you're fixated on TNG era. TMP Enterprise had amber impulse exhausts as I recall.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    And Enterprise NX-01 had blue. Romulans had green. Cardasians had yellow.
    I tend to be more focussed on the TNG/DS9 era, that's right.
    I just think that it's easiest that Starfleet has red, others have different. Think of it like colour-coding. Even if there's a new vessel of unknown design, the colour of the impulse exhaust makes it clear.
    Not a colour-coding they've agreed in-universe tho....
    eh yeah whatever.
    Redos and undos and this is where it is at got some rebuilding to the phaser insets and I should be back on track.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    The impulse exhausts remind me of the tail lights from the current camaro. I love it.
    Went through the trouble to setting up a dummy material and rendering these out and it dawns on me what I want to do. Now to see how it will come out. Though the render with the ship shows what I had was not going to do much. Even if it was just to stick something in there for now so it was not just light spilling onto a med gray material.
    Here are the impulse and started some work on the bussards but kinda fighting it. I am just profiling things atm so anything off that looks weird atm. I am including the doodle Im working from, it is not a full representation of what I am thinking of but close enough.
    Key things Im after
    retain the curve across the length, no consistent angles like the originals.
    Contain a ever changing cross section. Read: it wont be round in cross section all the way through the unit.
    Blend in well with the TMPish era queues and with the overall idea of the ship itself.
    retain queues from both TMP and TOS ships.
    Retain overall length and girth of the originals.

I think what needs to happen is to render out some angles and get to painting ideas onto the ship. But with that I think I will save that for tomorrow, well uh when I get up and settle down.

One thing I do know there will be no red glowing cloudy caps on this.
    Are you planning to keep the idea of a cut-out on the inside of the nacelle (e.g., the mesh surface in TOS and the grill on the Refit)?
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    rojren wrote: »
    That deflector dish is beautiful. Does that rectangularish feature slide to cover the airlock?
    That wouldn't be such a bad idea for the waveguides. Slide back to cover a soft spot, and reveal other waveguides underthem (or weapon ports) at warp.
    Uh I forgot the doodle. . . . . douh
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    very nicely done.
    all in the same theme. err they uploaded funny, black bg one is v2. It is simplified with some adjustments to volume.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    While those nacelles are nice, the 50's automotive ques are at odds with the art deco ques of the rest of the ship.
    More rough out. Completely forgot to upload these.
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    She looks beautiful