Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    ya, I know, right?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9822 Posts: 5,332Member
    Doing my part to increase the trip hazards present in trek interior design! Sorta wish I had gotten a bit more creative with these window openings.
    Also some warped up forward transporter emitters. Almost forgot these.

Remembering others doing interiors like this I dug about in my ref dirs and found some of Tobias' ambassador images I wonder if he did physical objects or if it was some sort of mapping foolery. Anyhow atm I just plan to rough out some rooms in these tighter openings and toss in some low poly crap inside. The aft rooms I still plan to go that small bit further and add a few more details.

The floor glows are a bit meh since Im pinching materials off other bits of the ship. I think once I inset these and apply the lighter blue they should look better. Guessing this will be a bar? I dunno. With SO many large openings on this ship I dunno what to do with half of them. I still have those large rooms aft of the bridge decks to do as well. The whole underside of the saucer is awaiting windows as well.

Speaking of (or is that typing of?) windows I have yet to map out how I will arrange those on the secondary or how many. Plan is to keep them sparse since this area is mostly labs and machine rooms. Hell the idea of aligning the cutters to this hull surface gives me ulcers!
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    good to see the onimaru seeing some attention once again.

and trip hazard? kinda reminds me of those knee knockers on navy ships in them documentaries..

nice work though.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1667 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    Such a great design! Really like this one. I love the way the top "backbone" comes forward and spreads onto the front of the saucer. Genius!
    Ok well I wrote all this with the intention of showing just a chair and stool, well Instead it is a room full of them and tables with plants and crap. Likely overkill. No, not likely, definitely overkill. I did toy with adding a second level gantry like thing that would make more nooks in the areas below but decided modeling the stairs and crap was just plain wasteful. I might just go with some flat transparent planes for the smaller plants later on instead of these things max comes with. They apparently do not "count" in the poly count but still bog the render in the end. The flat planes with alpha transparency might not shadow properly but I doubt it will be visible on the exterior of the ship.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Overkill and then some! Looks good though.

:D
  • seanrseanr1130 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 605Member
    Slide the tables forward relative to the chairs, or the people sitting would have to reach behind themselves for their drinks. :p

Otherwise, looks superb as always. Dare I ask what those plants did to the render times? ;)
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice chairs and tables. How about some couches and booths?
    Have to look at the tables. Booths I dunno might replace some of the stuff with some couches maybe off those planters. Not sure how well it will show up. It would mean more unique objects. Though I do not think file size will matter much Just poly count at this stage. And couches likely will eat less than 5 chairs. Booths I dunno, as I said earlier I considered doing dividers and the like but poly count is something I need to start considering. I still have at least 6 other large rooms to deal with. and 3 or 4 existing rooms that need attention since those were filled with generic tables and chairs in a mess hall style layout. The original idea was a large space where everything was fairly modular so it could be cleared out for a open room. That and just a mess of small conversation clusters.

Plants I dunno I did not really look to much at the total times but I would say it was at least from 5min empty room to a 30+min full room. The plants were mostly shadows and the FG points (each leaf etc) I could see if turning off shadows on them would help. But at this stage I just am not happy with the foliage. I want more shrubbery and different plants etc. I think X planes with a few segments in would allow me to map transparent PNG plants and have some control over shape through distorting the polies. The stretched textures would be pretty hard to spot in a comp or video I think.

I am giving that room a break (guessing it is a lounge/bar) for a while and heading up to the bridge decks to nail out those rooms there too. Capts office ready room lounge and mess, well the latter 2 I am not 100% which is which.
    Rough interior for that rear room.
    nice work MKF!
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    sojourner wrote: »
    Nice chairs and tables. How about some couches and booths?
    I agree - Need something for the lovebirds. :)
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    So is the entire three deck bridge "layercake" the captains yacht? or just a big escape system?
    sojourner wrote: »
    So is the entire three deck bridge "layercake" the captains yacht? or just a big escape system?

Latter but could probably be detached for missions that req it.
    OOPS dinner and other things distracted me from posting this ! lol

Ok, after much fighting and grief with hat little nub spine thing on the bridge module I have finally axed it for a flat back. . . . ugh. Anyhow after much cloning the mess has a tonne of stools and properly adjusted lighting. (still a bit dim, the glass really dulls down the light.) Added some doodads that might stay or go away for something else.

Need to correct those int rooms that are poking out on E/F deck (seen in the trough around the lower set of windows.) That areas probably needs something for greebs, then I guess it is back to the window cutting. Yuck.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Hey MKF, what are the dimensions of your airlock? Is it a standard you found somewhere on the net?

I'm a great fan of self-sustainable ship modules, so yeah I think you can imagine I like this very much ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow that's some impresive detail.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    That's just sex that is. This model never fails to impress me, just love the design as well as the overall quality of the mesh.
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Hey MKF, what are the dimensions of your airlock? Is it a standard you found somewhere on the net?

I'm a great fan of self-sustainable ship modules, so yeah I think you can imagine I like this very much ;)

Inner dai says 7'11" I cannot remember if this is something I eyeballed or used a travelpod to pull from. I have not found any source for the dai online that was credible beyond some other dude eyeballing it etc. IE no pixel counters so on, I only accept measurements taken off blueprints (official set prints) or quoted by someone who built or worked on the design.

I pretty much built it so ppl can traverse it with head clearance based off of the flat line in the airlock base. I do not think any of the active images here shows it clearly. I'm sure over at f3d or 3dscifi there is though.
    This evenings work.
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    Interesting, but how thick are you making the hull?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Knight26 wrote: »
    Interesting, but how thick are you making the hull?

does it really matter and im guessin by the thickness of the windows is probably the thickness of the hull if you bothered looking just sayin
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Great work, MKF. :thumb: I like the addition of the fins because with the gold trim it adds a great (but not gaudy) level of luxury to the ship. :)
    colbmista wrote: »
    does it really matter and im guessin by the thickness of the windows is probably the thickness of the hull if you bothered looking just sayin

Unnecessary much? It was a valid question for someone who's curious.
    the hull varies. windows are about 8-10inches thick depending on lo ation and bezel design. using the cel and firefox, the latter really sucks here. hard as hell to edit any typos heh. no updates till i get back to the main pc singe the laptop gets 11fps when it is a shaded object, i do not even want to consider what the framerate would be in wireframe mode. 2fps???? pff
  • KedaKeda0 Posts: 0Member
    I just noticed the model of your cargo ship in the interior scene. Nice touch.
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Keda wrote: »
    I just noticed the model of your cargo ship in the interior scene. Nice touch.

Yeah, the interiors are really well-done. I could see those as sets on a show :)

The overall design of the command module looks really good as well.
    Back from trip and finally back on my main system vs that anemic laptop. Ready room redone and nearly done, just gotta model the chairs and some misc decor.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Love the Cadillac fins on the pod.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, sweet work there.
    updates