Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    lookin good.. naa roll bar would ruin it..

ya could do the 15 torpedo tubes like the akira though :D
  • EoraptorEoraptor1 Posts: 0Member
    okay, now that I have a sense of scale.. the view-windows idea seems stupid *nods* as you were :P
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Are those the torpedo tubes? Killer. I always liked the Defiant launchers. Nice to see a reappearance.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Ah, the source info I have book and pics show that those are sensor cluster nodes. But i think a few eps it fired the micro torps (quantums) from those locations. Something I had forgotten about. So I could stuff some sort of something in there I suppose. The gaps on the defiant itself are only about a foot across so it would be a tight squeeze. The defiants main launcher is that nozzle in the middle of the deflector. (all the cutaways show the launch mecanism there) My intention was sensor nodes and to mix in some design queues from other ships of that era. The defiant is a bit of a mess when it comes to systems etc it seems lol
    I plan to add the Defiant plasma nipples on here but havent decided where.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Any shot of the Defiant from DS9 should be taken with a grain of salt *l* they had greebles on that ship that did about anything. the little hole in the front-bottom of the main deflector has been a tractor-beam, a torpedo tube, and a phaser in various episodes
    Well the cutaways in my book (grain fo salt too) and a few others around show a TNG era launcher mechanism there. I remember the phaser thing they shot one out the belly once too.

Update some grid lines and alterations to the triangle thingies. I wont be able to weasl in a torp launcher even a micro launcher between the grooves but I might model in a port into the rim of the triangle thingy.
    Attachment not found.
    BTW lennier1 I see you!! look in your pm box and get back to me.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Very nice ship indeed MadKoiFish.
    Weapons systems
    Attachment not found.
    Offical registry in consideration is NCC - 79760 Ship series running across the next 8 registries. IE 79761~79768
    Class or ship name is undecided as of yet.
    Ok news, I have just switched to max9. I was offered 8 or 9 as a upgrade and had untill friday to decide, the desision was made once I started work on the registry. . . . max 7 or 8 I ended up spending hours COUNTLESS hours cleaning the damned bollean cuts from the registry. . . max9 power bolean is click click and its done I had maybe 20 verts to remove vs the 300+ with the other versions.
    SO what does this mean? well it means anyone with older versions will be $hit out of luck when i release files. I kept with max 7 for as long as I did mainly for that reason, after seeing how many changes were made in workflow on 8 and 9 I was tempted this last 3 months to switch. But as it stands I can only do 8 or 9 not both. So with powerboolean cutting dowen the work needed on things Im moving all my projects to it.
    SECOND; the Balmung I have been considering releasing her to SFM. I originaly didnt want to because Id see her all over without proper permission given IE RPG etc or just lamer fansites. But it would be cool to see images made by others, and see how they light or set it up. SO I will come to a desision on this by the end of the week as well. I am realy tempted to export her as a 3ds and reapply the maps to it in a older version of max. If I do release itll be a max7 file. Debate is how amny could run the file and will do anything with it. heh Either way. I should ahve some updates in a hour or so.

MKF-
    Quick render of it with the registry
    Attachment not found.
    and what is with these crappy korean MORPG games in the headers of my threads? I think id rather the loser internet dating adds lol Or adds for penis pumps :p
    Attachment not found.
    heh easy now heh SOO EASY lol.
    talking booleans though. . . . . Im considering how many windows I should cut into this thing heh.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Looks great :thumb:
    Rebuild weapons cluster. Its all one piece now too since I lost paitence with having the pulse phasers being seprate objects. Redid some of the details near the weapons as well. Odly getting wierd shadows on the blue triangle thingies. I move it to look and they dissapear -_- I have one in this image I gotta fix. given its 2:30am I think this will be it tonight tomorrow I think I'll model in the little nipple thing sI have planned for the upper hull and shift over to other parts of the ship. Or Ill work on other projects lol. Itching to work on something not trek.
    MKF-

;p gotta work on those nacel textures too, cannot get the effect of light that I want.
    noname * sounds it out* it sounds so exotic LOL

looking good koi
    Well I could do nodame, but I doubt many people would get that joke. Anyhoo the ships name and class are up in the air for now hence the dummy name. :D
    EXP since its so easy to make registry objects now with max9
    >_>
    and for the hell of it a top down view.
    Attachment not found.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice MFK, you done a great job.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    hmh... *smiles*
    'Noname'... Guess that's a dawn of a new name-giving tradition... ;)

DO you intend to give it also some phaserstrips onto saucer and secondary hull or leave it as the Defiant, only straight forward facing armament?
  • USS MarinerUSS Mariner0 Posts: 0Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Well I could do nodame, but I doubt many people would get that joke. Anyhoo the ships name and class are up in the air for now hence the dummy name. :D
    EXP since its so easy to make registry objects now with max9
    >_>
    and for the hell of it a top down view.
    Attachment not found.

I actually think this is the most beautiful design you've made. And glad to hear your enjoying the ease of Max 9.

What I'd suggest? Give it Defiant type plating, with a window here or there, and some phaser strips.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    any clint eastwood fans.........

great lookin ship there koi.. as for windows... windows for the galley/observation deck and the captains quaters..all the rest....screw the crew.. they have the holodeck :flippy:

on the balmung...pleaseeeeee...obj file too :D:help: thanks...
    could always name them after fish, then you could have the carp, the sturgeon, the koi ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Eoraptor wrote: »
    could always name them after fish, then you could have the carp, the sturgeon, the koi ;)

Space, The Final Frontier....These are the voyages of the USS.... Herring ??? :confused: :shiner: :p

And i agree with the others, only a few windows would suit it well, nothing as major as your TNG explorer :cool:
  • starburststarburst0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with what others have said about windows. The Nova might be a good one for window inspiration.

It really depends on what your idea for the ships purpose for windows. It looks like it could be a small multirole ship which can be used from things such as planetary survey, exploration or defence/border patrol.

Dependant on the time frame you envisage your choice of armaments doesnt have to limit its use as later on ships seem to pack a punch no matter what duty they fufill.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks fantastic! What exactly do you mean when you say "making registry objects with max 9 is so easy" ? Because it's got ProBoolean? or how did you make the registry?
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good man, really dig the defiant style panels, very cool. Windows imo could be done spairingly, but that would mean quite a bit of panelling to be added (or just a nice texture like the Galaxy class :D) I was thinking bout torp systems. I saw a design where the er was like 2 decks directly below the bridge. Looked good, but in reality would be a dumb ass place to put major weapon systems. :devil:
    There will be phaser strips. No reason to shun a mature system.

As for registry, the text in max 9 is easier to cut in. using proboolean it leaves less "mess" behind. Max 7 I had to spend hours removing vertices that did nothing but drive up poly count. Proboolean leaves a few here and there but usualy those are to constrain the face of the polygon. Think of 3d as streching rubber over a framework. The framework being the edges and verts. So if the framework is whack the skin will distort across it or find any flaw in it. So in the end the process for me now is: Create text object bend it extrude it, detach faces as clone from main object (ship hull) Then proboolean it so it cuts the faces in then remove the fluff. Old way was spending about 2 hours yanking off doubled verts or just plain vomit. at the last step proboolean I just slap mats on.

First image is of some freshly cut objects. Top os proboolean bottom is standard boolean (max9 regular boolean seems to be a bit cleaner than past ver) Note the proboolean has some strays (verts that produve no geometery changes) but they are in a controled fasion IE a strip if them inline witheachother often near a vertical edge. There are NO doubled verts and the geometery verts corraspond to the original cutting object, thus saving hours of the good ol hunt and peck!
    registry-verts.png

Now if this was just a poly count and plain anti-ugly thing it wouldnt matter BUT a quick render with a solid material shows clearly why one wants those "verts" gone.

registry-render.jpg
    Now just removing those verts isnt the only fix you gotta go in and cut faces (usualy just connecting verts) or you end up with folded faces or other oddities, thus quite a lot of work.
    Hope that makes some sence

MKF-
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Makes quite a bit of sense, thanks for the explanation! People sometimes fail to understand what I mean when I tell them to remove non-essential vertices that do nothing...
    Anyway, I think the Defiant style triangle whatever things look great, and the ship as a whole looks massive, able to survive quite some battling regardless of the scale (like the Defiant, again :p).
    Some nipple thingies like seen on the fore saucer of the defiant.
    Attachment not found.
    All this time and I only got 10min to do anything . . . . latter updates today I hope will have more real work in em :p
    Some micro torp hole thingies. I tried to devise a way to stick em in the crack but there was no way I could cram a nozzle in there. The cool if it would have been it could have rotated on the X axis to provide a vertical range of movement but sadly unless I really dug out a hole in the sides there wasnt any way to cram it in.
    Attachment not found.
    Something I noticed as well the Defiant has no rcs systems. . . yes there are little yellow stickers on her but most of those are in places impossible to have such things such as on the targeting sensors. The impulse assembly etc.
    Looking at the deflector I with I had though of curving it in opposition of the saucer hull. Currently it sorta looks curved due to a optical effect of the hull bits around it. bugger lol
    Some vainy things. I'm at a bit of a loss on what to work on next lol.
    Attachment not found.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    hehe... nice, but what's the use?
    what? the vanes? dunno shedding heat off of some mechanical do dad? Or a emergency vent to shunt something out of the ship? In the end they just sit there looking cool ne?
    :p