Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• -MerlyN--MerlyN-171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great so far, boxy but great :shiner: Only the nacelles seem to be a bit large considering that they are as long and as thick as the saucer. I'd shorten them a bit.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9831 Posts: 5,332Member
    Nacels are at the most 1/2 the saucers thickness. As well note scale. The little guy up there is roughly 6.4ft (man in a space suit adds some height) too small and the coils will be too small inside. Goal is speed and a decent warp field. Enough to contain any "attachments" Currently the nacels are uglies. The biggest issue is that they are sloping on the bottom. I havent fixed some issues mostly because I have yet to convince myself I want to go with this stlye of nacel. I might go with a more simpler design or mimic something closer to the timeline I decide for this ship. Either way a side view for ppl.
    BTW its blocky cause its still being worked on, Im not edgelooping a object to have to turn around and remove it all later because I wanted to make a change. :p
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice. Dont know if its been asked or if its too early to ask, but are there any plans on a shuttle bay, especially now its gotten bigger?
    yeah in it's butt. Well a small cargobay.
    Lol, cool. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I briefly skimmed the thread. You combined all your work into this thread? The Klingon badass is done then? I saw the start of a rebuild of a saucer separation thingy Looked real good. I donA’t have time to read thoroughly the thread today I [ASS-Soome] this is a yacht rebuild of some sort? Man work is still looking great! When you get a chance I would like to hear about your texture techniques eh??
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    check out the chechov class from the battle of wolf 359.. this little baddy is starting to look a bit like her.. espceially with the underside pod..

looking good sar far... and how is it your place holders look better than my finished naccles :( great job
    Well I was considering merging all my trek crap here. But the Onimaru and the KSS are on their own threads, Im still thinking about it since it would compartmentalise my crap into a single thread. EXP since Im usualy working on more than one wip at a time.
    This cirrent ship is a rebuild of the Linerunner gone wrong. . . :p So its now a seprate build.
    Textures? eh I suck at them so heh. shrug. ask away in thread. (might help others I suppose lol)
    nacel goofing around. Still havent decided if Ill use this shape or not but I fixed the bottom and refined the shapes now messing around with the bussards and the yellowish ribby things. Im thinking it needs some moulding on it.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    note no glows on anything yet

btw I think you mean the Springfield class?
    Ex Astris Scientia - Springfield Class Reconstruction
    bit of a ugly bugger.
    I think I will be pulling the impulse off the struts and centralise it on the secondary hull.

Think thats it for the night.
    bit of a tight fit but its not really ment to carry one of these.
    shapes are really rough, note the strut mesh poking through the bay lol. Draw back of this arrangement is the plasma conduits going to the nacels. Guess it could be surmised its routed infront of the bays? or Under or above? lol I might work on some overhead "stuff" maybe. I have about 2 of those shuttles in height on these "pods" so that itself should allow me enough room I hope. As well Im considering making the whole aft a impulse engine IE 2 stached grills on the very ass end instead of the little slit on top.
    Ok thats almost it for the night. I added some nipple thingies while I waited for a crapload of data to transfer over the lan. :p
    Attachment not found.
    they are temp too since I have to alter the size some and cut in the insets on the strut bits. the overhead detail needs a bit of ajustment as well the idea of it not matching the angle on the bays didnt work out at all >_<;'
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    looks nice anyway...
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Cloaking device?
    uss checkov he he.. close

lookin good there.. might be a better fit with a shuttle pod instead of the full sized shuttle..no room for a runabout in there...allthough the delta flyer might just inch in there:flippy:

and the cloaking nipples.. yeay :D
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet you done a great job with her.
    Oh is that what the nipples were on the defiant? I though tthey were some plasma vent or "turbo" lol Ill have to look into it again. >_>
    A delta flyer would be pushing it if I remember her girth. The bays are mostly for cargo and off loading people. I dont think there will be any mission specific vehilces in there.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    If they were for the cloaking device, none of the other Defiant class ships would have them. But since they do, I'd say your plasma vent idea is just as good a suggestion for their function as any.
  • NarsilNarsil0 Posts: 0Member
    I am really loving this design. I wouldn't mind doing up so orthos of this ship in Illustrator. Please keep of the good work. :thumb:
    he he artistic licensese is great. they can be milk nipples for space whales if ya want them to be:devil:
    and the flyer idea was a joke..seeing how it couldn't posibly even fit into voyager either.. (size of plot) Ex Astris Scientia - Size of the Delta Flyer check this out for fun:thumb:
    On the call outs they are labled as plasma vents the Defiant pathfinder has them as well as the shuttles so unless they are equiped with cloak as well Im going with plasma vents. I have not found any information relating the nipples to the cloak.
    I should have a update tonight working on the edgeloops, and trying to justify the impulse arrangement I had planned. More than likely itll be a nozzle or 2 off the aft of the ship.
    The pod on the belly is cirrently seprated from the main hull with the intention of making it removeable either a dropship yacht thing or a removeable mission pod. Latter is sounding more creative.
    Ok some updates for the night as well as a look at what a cheapo sensor module would look like on the ship. shapes are all still rough I made the connecting neck a bit too long I think. Either way it gets the idea across lol :p
    shrug.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    It looks intresting, but it take the beauty away form the ship. Maybe if it was smaller it could work?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    right...
    This let it look like a mutilated Oberth...
  • -MerlyN--MerlyN-171 Posts: 0Member
    I like that one.
    or one of the kitbashed excellsior from ds9 he he

i like the idea of a removabal sensor.. but not the excelsior lower half...just seems outta date
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    I like it ! For me, the general shape looks ok.
    The removable pod is interesting. Keep at it.
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    @ MadKoiFish

I think it would be sweet if you did 2 versions one with and one with out the lower hull. If you did one with the lower hull mod the excellsior section so its not so TOS and more of an uptodate version and the idea of making it detachable would be sweet give it some smaller built in engine kinda like the Defiant but not any thing like its design.(just my ideas)

Still i like this ship.
    Its got a very 'upgraded with old parts' New Orleans class feel to it.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like the excelsior style neck, and I am not sure why but now it reminds me of the oberth class even though the oberth did not have ribbing anywhere except the nacelles..looks great!
  • AescapuliusAescapulius331 Posts: 0Member
    The Frell is that thing?!