Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MadKoiFish's Trek Crap :p =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9803 Posts: 5,327Member
    With a ship in
    Attachment not found.
    uk what is this crap???---->
    Balmung-Refit-01-1280.jpg:
    Your file of 668.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 488.3 KB for this filetype.

guess you guys get a jpged jpg since Im not going back to the other pc to recompress the png
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    he he.. don't worry i label all my school projects crap too..:flippy:

excellent work on the cloning :D looks great.. i need to work on my paneling skills. :(

now just put a few workbees floating around in there :D
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    bravo!!!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    that's so great...
    Some more random crap, lennier1 has been mucking with a nova varient and that got me wanting to work on small scale again so I took a few days to mess with the linerunner. Im making it bigger due to all the pissing that occured with the last version. This one will have similar layout but a bulkier shape.
    Plans are to mix a bit of SOV era with the VOY era bits. Maybe itll be a companion to my Onimaru. I have been considering TNG era like nacels over the SOV styles. The secondary hull right now has me peeved so its serious wip material. >_>

Note nacels and struts are not the wip parts just leftover crap from something else. I havent decided how I will represent these parts yet and in what config. Oh and the deflector I will have to do something about it I think.
    basicly goofing around here.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    I have not seen this for a while, Good to see you are working on it again. :thumb:
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    THANK GOD SHE`S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you were a woman thatA’s the point where IA’d flat out ask you to marry me. IA’ve always loved the Linerunner design and was really down when you decided to scrap the project because people were pestering you about all kinds of crap no matter how often youA’d stated your standpoint on most issues on the previous pages.

Not sure what youA’re aiming for but a game design I found a while ago sold me on the idea of combining Intrepid, Galaxy and Sovereign elements just like itA’s planned for the rest of the ship.
    lowerhullsensorszk8.th.jpg
    cool.. love the perimeter action size ships.. definatly not enough of them around..
    looking good so far.. maybe do a triangular defelctor dish.. alla sabre class ship
    seemingly its always voyager and sovergien class that gets kitbashed.. love to see some norway, akira, sabre class mixed in there.. but just my opinion :thumb:
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Ooo... the Vivace Class (by DJ Curtis, BC Modder). Would love to see a highly detailed 3D mesh of it.
    Some more fooling around most of the secondary hull is from last night being thursday I didnt get much done cept these blocky strut/drive thingies.
    The nacels are DEFINETLY temporary parts. Idea is to use a defiantish like layout but using a more servicable nacel. I went through a few pages of paper planning out how Id make this look. I wanted to try to maintain the idea of the original but empasize speed and scale better. I orginaly started with nacels semi connected to the saucer hull and trailing out and it evolved to this off the saucer arrangement.

Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.

It is all still rough and might change drasticly. The secondary hull doesnt represent my drawings yet and I might have to consider rebuilding the saucer parts to better reflect the form I have drawn. Currently its to flat on the sides and a bit bland in its shape. Maybe Ill get to scanning stuff in for ppl to see.

More than likely the deflector detail will resemble the original I had on the linerunnerv2. I am though considering making this a totaly seprate ship. With a possible saucer only deflector arrangement.
    last one for the night. A slight alteration of the strutish bits. Currently the secondary is a reverse of the one drawn. I have the doodle with the top most going straight back and the underside riseing further up. Though that curved backside of that one deck is tempting me to leave it. Either way.

btw the curved strut backs are a screw up, left off a smoothing group.
    Looks good!
    he! Now that's a cute ship...

Just remember Rikers words about the Defiant... ;)
    New saucer and secondary. Nacels are new dummies but shape is close to what Im aiming for. Placement and exicution of the struts and nacel location are still unknowns.
    Attachment not found.Attachment not found.Attachment not found.
    Not all that happy with the rear underside of the secondary so I might do without the warp cut out exp considering how low the nacels are set at the moment. But how to termanate the arse end with the tradidional deflector? Or should one leave the traditional deflector off and do a dish one?

Bridge is planned to be a recessed one like the defiant. Least its the plan. But I might do a blister style and have ti consist of part of the roof etc. (note mr uglys size) I would like ot work in some sort of mini bay in the back or some sort of pod based shuttle for the aft.
    ok i like the saucer, and the top of the secondary hull.. the bottom...not so much.. the deflecotor just seems tacked on after the fact now.. starting to agree with your idea of a saucer dish.. maybe a weapons platform in place of the curent deflector with a mini-bay for pods behind it.. something soverign-ish quantum torpedo launcher
    Round thingy. Not sure if Ill use this or not.
    Attachment not found.
    ok i like the saucer, and the top of the secondary hull.. the bottom...not so much.. the deflecotor just seems tacked on after the fact now.. starting to agree with your idea of a saucer dish.. maybe a weapons platform in place of the curent deflector with a mini-bay for pods behind it.. something soverign-ish quantum torpedo launcher
    Maybe something fanboy like a pulse phaser turret? :D or a huge sensor pod, either way Im leaning towards killing the traditional deflector.
    I'd also say screw the traditional... This ship's too small for it... ;)

It looks a bit like this new strange ship from STO... The Scarawanga or whatever~~~

I like it though...
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Maybe something fanboy like a pulse phaser turret? :D or a huge sensor pod, either way Im leaning towards killing the traditional deflector.

with multivector assult mode phaser lances:lol: :flippy:

I do like the "round thingy"
    Aresius wrote: »
    I'd also say screw the traditional... This ship's too small for it... ;)

It looks a bit like this new strange ship from STO... The Scarawanga or whatever~~~

I like it though...

Yeah I kinda noticed that, heh.
    I was accualy looking at one of my older models and mixing the Linerunner and it together but ended up with something closer to someone elses work >_<
    Dunno what the heck to do down here lol so for its some sensor blister thing.
    Attachment not found.
    how about a captains yaught, like Kaden and Galens Arrow class?
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    MadKoiFish: I love this design. Compact but tough-lookin' lil thing. Is she capable of ("Condition: Blue") inter-atmospheric landing & take-off?
    Lonewritter, you do relise the scale here? There isnt the room for a yacht on it.
    Hellsgate; Doubtful I have never been a fan of deep space ships flying around in a atmosphere.
    and some messing around. I havent decided what type of nacel I will use.
    Oh and I have decided this will be a seprate ship from the linerunner. Its just too diffrent of a design lol.
    ok.. the warp cutout has got to go..maybe a slope down...
    example down below...:D
    sensor blister....needs more...

i like the bridge design
    love the ship...details need to be ironed out...:thumb:
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    So, the Linerunner is back... Almost a complete refit. You changed so many things... For better, it's sure! :):thumb:
    s'more stuff. Leaving the Onis nacels for now I will replace them with something similar but I think a bit more angular. But they will be a pancake style nacel vs more vertical designs.
    looks like I got some issues with the bottom struts. Its still missing some details and mesh parts on the strut area. Its a real PITA area for me today, dunno why.
  • Captain J. WesleyCaptain J. Wesley0 Posts: 0Member
    awesomeness. sheer awesomeness. Its a pity Gene Roddenberry isn't here to see all the amazing work on this site... just imagine what would happen if he was!
    Not much to update just some small refinements. A tonne more to come stuff like the impulse engines need major work. The "sensor" pod might become a breakaway drop ship, might. depends how I designate this ship. Thougts went by in irc about having detachable thingies down there so mission specific pods can be stuck on in that area. The hull there clears the saucer by about 5ft so most anything could connet to it. The aft center section will have modules, or a docking bay, albeit a small one as wella s dodads and aft weapons systems. (basicly stuff will be poking out of there)
    Bleah I really got to do something about those impulse engines lol. Either way I prolly should get back to the KSS or the Onimaru. I also have been considering moving up to max 8 or 9. I have found some tools in those versions would increase my efficency quite a bit in making shapes. (wont do squat about my obsessive rebuilding though)

nacels btw are super placeholder like obj. They are quickies and need quite a lot of refinement.

EDIT; I have decided to have this be seprate of the Linerinner, the latter will get its rebuild. The linerunner will basicly get some groth pills so itll add about 2 decks to the overall. This ship here will be some sort of border ship? Dunno its a thing. :p