Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    how about a text based description of this 'proof'?
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    how about a text based description of this 'proof'?

Why? Has Spud suddenly become an untrustwortjy source?

The speculation is fun though.
    he obviously knows something, I'm just trying to ask him to reveal it a way that doesnt reveal it, if you will.

as a matter of fact, I do trust his info
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Its still miles from being correct though. I can tell that simply from looking at "Hero"
    he obviously knows something, I'm just trying to ask him to reveal it a way that doesnt reveal it, if you will.

as a matter of fact, I do trust his info

I think you're on a road to nowhere city, there. What spud may or may not have seen is probably for his eyes alone. It's very difficult to comment on these sorts of things without violating any NDA's, agreements and so forth.

Anyway, back to the original thread, still looks wrong to me. Shape, pods, engines, everything. I dunno, it may be just me.

M.
    was worth a shot, oh well.

i think the texture maps he was using were, well, a bit off.
    could always be the lighting, shadows, or, of course, me.

anyhow, keep up the great work infinity.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm...I'll have to go back and look at the screenies again. I never noticed any Valks.
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    If there are hi-res screenshots from Razor, why doesn't someone post post a link to them so we can see ourselves (for the ones who have not seen Razor). Also, the original looks better to me, the second one not so much. But I have not seen Razor...
    simple, nondisclosure agreements, this, in exchange for being able to screen or even view a still image.

and, before you ask, no, I do not have any screenshots or video segments, nor would I say even if I did.
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    Where did you find those?
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Carefull posting content like that around here we dont want to get scifi meshes in trouble, considering SciFi was good enough to give them a screener.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    The ship in Razor is not the Valkyrie or Valkyrie type, it's been modified to a 4th type, Valkyrie clearly did not have the rollbar on it's engines in "hero"
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I remember seeing a battlestar with its wings missing too,
    Thats what makes me think its a refit. I realy like the roll bar, gives a neat design flair to what was a pritty dull hull design.
    valkyrieri9.jpg
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I love your Valkrie and I can't wait to see Razor. I haven't ordered the DVD yet but I plan to soon.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Still can't make the Valks out in the wide shots of the shipyard, but the pics aren't really good res.
    please, put those two engines back in, she just doesnt quite look right without them.

also, with regards to posting pics of shows before they air, may I suggest the rather liberal use of a tool known as PM?

this way, no one gets caught breaking what is evidently a very big leap of faith on scifi channel's part.
    Sorry Xraider, but inside intell I've recieved and Razor shows Valkyrie has only 4 engine pods.

and could we take those pictures down, I would like to keep this topic clean for the time being.
  • Charles OinesCharles Oines331 Posts: 0Member
    Go with the rollbar. It gives the ship character :)
    why not just make the bar free engine pod and the bar-included engine pod. then you can just swap out the rear section to suit your fancy.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Or just hide the roll bar, forgive the lack of an update. I am in the process of trying to wrangle some super secret intell from some one. :wink::wink:
    Well, here's where I stand after enough forensic investigation to make CSI blush.
    valkyrie2sl3.jpg
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    You were closer to the Valkyrie design in your previous attempt at modeling it than this one, which of course assumes that you are still trying to do a Valkyrie. Perhaps this is a more interesting and creative path to take until better references are available for the Valkyrie though :)
    Swing and a miss then eh... lol oh well I really like the way this one is going, out of interest what areas did I have more accurately before? And is there anything on this one that is right that wasnt on my last atempt
    Err, nope. :)
    i think you should still stick with the correct 8 engine type rear. Make the rolloverbar version too and just have them interchangable, then you get to pick which you use in shots, it saves all the fighting :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    lol, the only thing people want back on the model is the one thing the ship actually dosnt have... 6 engines :confused:. Just so we all know, Officially Valkyrie only has four engines. I will however leave my origional model with the six engines just because it seems to be the fan favorite as well as make this one both rollbar on and off.:thumb:
    ok, now I'm happy, lol.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Swing and a miss then eh... lol oh well I really like the way this one is going, out of interest what areas did I have more accurately before? And is there anything on this one that is right that wasnt on my last atempt

Looks great to me. Just take heed of this advice: 'Illegitimati non carborundum est'.

Bad Latin but good advice just the same.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Elowan wrote: »
    Looks great to me. Just take heed of this advice: 'Illegitimati non carborundum est'.

Bad Latin but good advice just the same.

That would make Matt and I the bastards then? Are you sure you want to go there? :p ;)