Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Swing and a miss then eh... lol oh well I really like the way this one is going, out of interest what areas did I have more accurately before? And is there anything on this one that is right that wasnt on my last atempt

Most of the problems are around the proportions of the individual parts and the shapes of some of the parts. Each is reasonable in its own right, but there are a number of places that just aren't right. Your first go was good when you consider the lack of reference material, but the second go is a lot further away - have another look at the top view from the earliest captured images in the thread and you will see some big differences
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    I actually have a new one, highest res I could find it at.
    valkyrienew02hr3.jpg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    lol, the only thing people want back on the model is the one thing the ship actually dosnt have... 6 engines :confused:. Just so we all know, Officially Valkyrie only has four engines. I will however leave my origional model with the six engines just because it seems to be the fan favorite as well as make this one both rollbar on and off.:thumb:

If you really wanna get nitty and gritty about it, technically the Valkyrie is the ONLY ship that had 6 engines on it and no roll back, the ones from Razor are a different class alltogether. There's plenty of shots from "Hero" that show the valkyries engine module and none of them show the roll bar or only 4. :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    There's plenty of shots from "Hero" that show the valkyries engine module and none of them show the roll bar or only 4.
    Which is why my original model still has no roll bar and six engines. If it would make everyone feel better we can refer to this one from razor as the Valkyrie MKII class.
    Nadesico wrote: »
    If you really wanna get nitty and gritty about it, technically the Valkyrie is the ONLY ship that had 6 engines on it and no roll back, the ones from Razor are a different class alltogether. There's plenty of shots from "Hero" that show the valkyries engine module and none of them show the roll bar or only 4. :)

The Valkyrie as seen in Hero has four engines. Trust me on this one. Four, not six.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    well, then, spudmonkey, If thats the case, then how come I make out 6 exhausts in that pic infinity posted?

if the Valkyrie does indeed have 4, and not 6 engines, as you suggest, then I submit, that the majority of those of us claiming to see 6 engines are in fact in need of an eye exam, and possible counseling with regards to hallucinations.

I too have a rather extensive collection of shots from that episode, I will see what I can dig up thats post worthy.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    well, then, spudmonkey, If thats the case, then how come I make out 6 exhausts in that pic infinity posted?

Then you're seeing things.

M.
  • NayslayerNayslayer333 Posts: 57Member
    even i can tell there are only 4 engines. look at the side engines and then look at the top. notice anything that can look misleading?
    the fact that theres tubular sections extending out past the areas with the 'drive glow, and the other fact that these tubes are also in line with the visibly lit engines?
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    ^The extention out might be, for all we know, just part of the engine design. While I like the prospect of 6 engines, we can only confirm 4.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    I see 6 nacelles on Infinity's last screenshot post, i dont know people are claiming the other two are missing. This isn't a straight on top shot, you can clearly see two nacelles mirroring the top two.

Unless spudmonkey's source has let him see the original studio mesh. :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Unless spudmonkey's source has let him see the original studio mesh.
    From what I understand thats classified... :)
  • the fact that theres tubular sections extending out past the areas with the 'drive glow, and the other fact that these tubes are also in line with the visibly lit engines?

repeat after me Radier, there are five lights- sorry i mean four engines! :D :p

BTW: is it me, or does the ship look like a flat fish? Sort of buldge out in the middle and then become thin ate the end? ... ... must be me then :shiner:

Great work so far Infinity :thumb:
    spudmonkey wrote: »
    That would make Matt and I the bastards then? Are you sure you want to go there? :p ;)

He can if he likes....with the consequences there of. ;)
    im sorry, until someone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, Im gonna have to trust my eyes and instincts, call me stubborne, call me a brainless buffoon if it makes you feel better.

I swear, there's 6 engines, not 5 not 2 not 4, S I X.

you want to prove me completely wrong, then pony up some proof somehow.
    use pm if you worried about NDA's, or email works.

just prove me wrong, with actual can stare it down till im blind proof.

there, I feel better, now that I've gotten that 'little' rant done with.

moving on.........
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    There aren't 6 engines, that's for sure.
    Whatever. :)
    we very well could debate this till the cows come home, shall we wait till razor actually comes out before we dissect this to hell and back???
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    I can only see 4, and I think you need to lose the anti-roll bar.
    Rollbar on, Rollbar off. How about you can decide when you download it. As for me I'm diggin the rollbar.:D

I've fixed alot of the proportion issues, changed the size/shape of the flight pods, adjusted the head, fixed up the engines, altered the body shape slightly, so It should match up better now.
    valkyrie4qa6.jpg
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I like it with out the rollarblade :D personal pref no
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    There's no debate. It does not have 6 engines. FACT. I wish we could put money on this because I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.
    im sorry, until someone can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, Im gonna have to trust my eyes and instincts, call me stubborne, call me a brainless buffoon if it makes you feel better.

I swear, there's 6 engines, not 5 not 2 not 4, S I X.

I'll leave the insults to other people. Perhaps if you highlight on the image where the 6 engines are then I can point out why you are wrong. Alternatively I could just say that this
    ^The extention out might be, for all we know, just part of the engine design. While I like the prospect of 6 engines, we can only confirm 4.

is a damned good guess, but that assumes that those are the parts that are making you see the phantom engines...

Until I get permission, which I am actively seeking, I cannot post proof of what I say. Sorry, but that's what an NDA is and any images or material I may or may not have is currently publically unavailable
    AndyM wrote: »
    I can only see 4, and I think you need to lose the anti-roll bar.

Andy, if he is now working on the variant seen in Razor then the rollbar should stay, and with the effort that has gone into these "two" I would say both versions should be worked on, especially as Infinity seems to like it :D
  • AndyMAndyM331 Posts: 0Member
    Andy, if he is now working on the variant seen in Razor then the rollbar should stay, and with the effort that has gone into these "two" I would say both versions should be worked on, especially as Infinity seems to like it :D

Sure, It was meant purely as a personal preference.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    That would make Matt and I the bastards then? Are you sure you want to go there? :p ;)

:devil:
  • backsteptbackstept2092 Posts: 930Member
    I say, chaps! This debate is just about as useless as whether or not Galactica had its armor stripped. :lol:

let's give it a rest, and let Infinity build it how he likes :D
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Personally, I see 32 engines ...
    (checks medicine bottle)
    Oooh, 2 pills every 8 hours, not 8 pills every 2 hours.
    That explains a lot!!
    :p

Seriously, I prefer it with the rollbar, canon, non-canon or whatever.

Why?

Because without the rollbar the damn thing looks entirely too much like MegaMaid!

Excellent work on the Valk, tho! Keep it up, and in the end, she's yer shippie. Slap two-hundred and seventeen engines on her if you want!

Sanderlee.
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    ^lol. Very funny.
    Nice work on the new version Infinity, I like it. And the rollbar is growing on me also. Keep it up.
    Yay I was quoted!
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    And now for something completely different.....
    Have you made any guesses as to how long this is compared to the Galactica? 1/2? 2/3? I haven't seen the Razor pics so I don't know if that clears it up or not.