Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    I just watched HERO again and I can tell you I honestly think the Valkyrie was a STEALTH battlestar, her lines are just about right for it and it's deployment to the red line does indeed make for interesting thought for covert operations!
    Any thoughts?:confused:
  • HobbesHobbes5 Posts: 0Member
    Personally I don't think they had that in mind. They certainly didn't need a 'stealth' battlestar for that episode, because they were trying to make it look like they were intentionally there to investigate the Taurons. The Valkyrie wanted to be visible as part of their cover.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Free-Lance wrote: »
    I just watched HERO again and I can tell you I honestly think the Valkyrie was a STEALTH battlestar, her lines are just about right for it

Talk about reading too much into things... Valkyrie's lines are the way they are because the designer thought it looked cool. That's about as far as anyone's thought process into sci-fi ship design needs to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Home-girl's 3900 feet long if she's an inch...I wonder what sort of Dradis sig that would produce even if they did try to make her "stealth".

Baaahhh....Humbug.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    punchface wrote: »
    Home-girl's 3900 feet long if she's an inch...I wonder what sort of Dradis sig that would produce even if they did try to make her "stealth".

Baaahhh....Humbug.

Nah. Not that big. :)
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, haven't seen this ship on screen yet, but I love the design and your done some great work on recreating her.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    infinity238, is this ship done yet?

you gonna release orthos of her soon?
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, Tim

I tried to reach you via private message, but have not heard back, so I edited this for a post... I do professional CGI schematics and there is a decent chance that my collegue will us my schematics in a BG schematics posterbook before the last of the Sci-fi Channel show is aired. I have been trying to use what you have done earlier, which is not hi-res. Would you please consider emailing me hi-res 5-view renders of your Valkyrie (about 1000 wide per view, separate, and on a white background) once the present texturing is done? I want to also show a perspective shot (on white and large as well) so send one of those too. Be advised, I am crediting you on the schematic.

I have a lot of ortho-schems already to look at if you aren't sure of my credibility...
    Gallery

Send any responses to [email protected]

Let me know
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Regarding your TNS Galactica schematic: Starboard's the other side of the ship.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Not what I would call finished, but I beleive this is some of what you are looking for Xraider.
    valkyrie5yn2.jpg
    valkyrie6zl8.jpg
    valkyrie7ks8.jpg

TheComander: When abouts do you need them by, I did want to do a little more work on the Valk.
    oh yeah, I definitely cant wait for this ship to be finished, I hope to make a wall poster with this ship, if you have no objections i mean.

preferably an orthographic poster(yeah, i know thats odd).
    I'd be happy to do up a professional schematic that everyone can share if I can use larger hi-res views on a white background. This is a beautiful ship, Infinty238
    TheComander: When abouts do you need them by, I did want to do a little more work on the Valk.

Wonderful... It would be great to get this one posted... it's one that is pretty popular and there isn't anyone out there right now who is doing her. But if there is more to be done on her, I understand.

Of note... from the port view, thanks JDR, there isn't enough contrast between the hull body and the landing pod, so the pod is nearly invisible. Strengthen the lighting to make the side view more distinguishable in that regard. Just my 23 yrs. experience talking, but she really is an impressive ship rep. Infinity238!
    im willing to wait till hes happy with her to post em, cause it'll be well worth the wait, lol
    Thanks to some better intel ;) I have a better idea as to what valkyrie looks like. The main differnce is Valkyrie actually has only four engines insted of six. I also got her flight pods down properly this time around. So I guess its rebuild time...
    valkyriejs9.jpg
    does it have to have that semi wraparound the engine thingy(forget what thats called)?
  • 1of331of330 Posts: 0Member
    That looks nice
  • Is clearly absent in 3.08 Hero.

Are you sure, Infinity? I know where you got your intel from BUT...that "thing" might not be part of the Battlestar.
    punchface, mind pm'ing me and clueing me in, so that I may better understand the conversation?.

also, I recall that episode, there's no wraparound thingy on those engines.
    I'm loading a screen shot I was lucky enough to find, that should lend credence to the argument at hand.
  • if you are referring to Razor (which is now leaked) there is a new battlestar design in scorpion shipyards, you may be getting that design mixed in with valkyrie.
    There were two Valkyries presant, the question is was it part of the drydock or the ships. It comes off easy enough, but it looks like this is a part of the ships design. Its quite possible that this was a refit or upgrade on the Valkyrie class at the time of the attack.
    anyone have a screen capture of the scene in question?
  • There were two Valkyries presant, the question is was it part of the drydock or the ships. It comes off easy enough, but it looks like this is a part of the ships design. Its quite possible that this was a refit or upgrade on the Valkyrie class at the time of the attack.

Come on do you think they would go that far with FX?
  • ...that Infinity is drawing his info from is a very hi-rez screenie from Razor. The shot depicts Valkyries docked at the Scorpion Fleet Shipyards from an oblique angle that is closer to bow-on than it is to midships however, it's pretty darn undeniable from the pic that those dorsal "thingies" are somehow mounted on both engine blocks of both ships in the same place and in the same manner.

In order to make these thingies fit the story when XRaider's pic (I have the same screen cap) most clearly does not feature the thingie is to explain it as a refit as Infinity considering. A weaker explanation would be to postulate that the thingie is actually part of a different maintenance structure or vehicle that has been clamped to both vessels for external drive maintenance and that both Valkyries are in dock at the same time for similiar or the same reasons.

The refit explanation is simpler and I think, stronger.

I don't like the thingie...I think it's an ugly addition to an already questionable ship design. It's too bad....

punchface
  • vf-1msx wrote: »
    Come on do you think they would go that far with FX?

The alternative is to be forced to consider that the fx dept. at Sci-Fi is so out of the continuity loop that they'd just start changing Galactica post-production assets without considering the story at all. That's too lame for my tastes.
    The alternative is to be forced to consider that the fx dept. at Sci-Fi is so out of the continuity loop that they'd just start changing Galactica post-production assets without considering the story at all. That's too lame for my tastes.

agreed
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    There is no cover over the engines. It's a part of the dock in Razor
  • Have you seen the "thingies"?

They look like they are mounted on the ships.

How do you know that they are part of the dock facilities?

Do you have any proof or links or other data to share with us?

punchface
  • DacDac331 Posts: 0Member

But thats the case. After seeing the Pegasus in Razor, I noticed somewhat major details changing shot after shot.

Gonna drive me nuts when finishing off my version.... :mad:
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    Nothing I can share