Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• BeomooseBeomoose171 Posts: 0Member
    Love that friggin ship! Missile Battlestar! Like the AEGIS cruisers from the USN.

Ron Moore's said a couple times in his podcast that he likes expanding the mythos. It's possible that the colonies' mythology includes all major polytheistic religions. Or that the different colonies have adapted different names for the same gods/heroes.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Woow Infinity, I have to agree with the rest that you did a great job in making a ship that's pretty detailed while having so little reference. We won't blame you for using a bit of imagination in the spots where you couldn't go off of the reference pics ;)

Great job, I think I'll donwload it to see if SketchUp can handle her, so that I can use her as scaling for my own Trident :)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    good images of this ship were hard to come by until i found this thread, sweet ship!
  • nunonuno0 Posts: 0Member
    Great looking ship. Great job Infinity, especially with almost no references and pics from this. Congratulattions
  • SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
    amazing man love it. its good to see it in the light becasue ships like Peggy and Valkyrie can't be seen very well in the series.:thumb:

you also mentioned that Pagasus does not have retractable flight pods. she infact does.

here are some pics to prove it. i was qite puzzled myself.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    I think I've seen these pics before - a number of people have dismissed them as fakes unfortunately
  • Hunter-588Hunter-5880 Posts: 0Member
    I'm about 90% sure that image is a Photoshop from one of the first "Pegasus threads" I know I've seen that image before and wish i could remember which thread specifically or who posted it. But if anyone knows for sure I'd like to know as well.
    what i want to know is why she would want to retract her pods. the ends of the pods arn't covered or the pods are retracted into the hull like Titan and Galactica.

i did take a closer look at the 2nd pic and it does look a bit iffy.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Trust me if you've seen a 3d pegasus its quite obvious that the pods dont fit like that. The are too long, the backs of the pods are very close to the engines when extended.
    ^Agreed^

i never realised how long they were untill i looked at this a second time.
  • HobbesHobbes5 Posts: 0Member
    amazing man love it. its good to see it in the light becasue ships like Peggy and Valkyrie can't be seen very well in the series.:thumb:

you also mentioned that Pagasus does not have retractable flight pods. she infact does.

here are some pics to prove it. i was qite puzzled myself.

Just some pretty photoshop work my friend. They were officially denounced a long time ago.
  • asameasame0 Posts: 0Member
    Pegasus 101% didn't have retractable flight pods. The third joint is different design then the first two which make it impossible to move
  • Kronos 1Kronos 10 Posts: 0Member
    asame wrote: »
    Pegasus 101% didn't have retractable flight pods. The third joint is different design then the first two which make it impossible to move

I did that chop a while back, someone thought they retracted, I just wanted to show them what they'd look like if they did. I also pointed out that the third pylon was completely different from the first and second. Heh, didn't think this pic would show up again. :runs:
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    actually it looks pretty neat with the pods retracted!
    yeah it does a bit.
  • DukeDuke0 Posts: 0Member
    Kronos 1 wrote: »
    I did that chop a while back, someone thought they retracted, I just wanted to show them what they'd look like if they did. I also pointed out that the third pylon was completely different from the first and second. Heh, didn't think this pic would show up again. :runs:[/Qno offence man but i very much doubt you did that pic of the beast considering ur a sfm nugget and even if you did what a waste of time i spend alot of time touching up and altering photos and that could have been done more 'descreetly' there are alot of things that give it away i dont mean to be a (*hu tsi fu latsu*):
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Duke wrote: »
    I did that chop a while back, someone thought they retracted, I just wanted to show them what they'd look like if they did. I also pointed out that the third pylon was completely different from the first and second. Heh, didn't think this pic would show up again. :runs:
    no offence man but i very much doubt you did that pic of the beast considering ur a sfm nugget and even if you did what a waste of time i spend alot of time touching up and altering photos and that could have been done more 'descreetly' there are alot of things that give it away i dont mean to be a (*hu tsi fu latsu*):
    Uh, there was a server crash none too many months ago and everyone had to re-register, a lot of people are still "nuggets" post crash
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    Any Idea of the Dimensions of the Valkyrie?
  • Kronos 1Kronos 10 Posts: 0Member
    Duke wrote: »
    I did that chop a while back, someone thought they retracted, I just wanted to show them what they'd look like if they did. I also pointed out that the third pylon was completely different from the first and second. Heh, didn't think this pic would show up again. :runs:[/Qno offence man but i very much doubt you did that pic of the beast considering ur a sfm nugget and even if you did what a waste of time i spend alot of time touching up and altering photos and that could have been done more 'descreetly' there are alot of things that give it away i dont mean to be a (*hu tsi fu latsu*):

Lol, I did do it, was a quicky job just to see what the ship would look like, so there was no need to be descreet about the chop. I posted that pre-crash for someone(can't remember who for the life of me) that was doing the beast for the first time on the forum. He needed ref pics, so I uploaded some I had along with the chop.

Hmm, so being a nugget means I can't do photochops? /shrugs
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    lol, theyre just kidding.

even a complete novice can pull off some spectacular stuff.
    remember, anything is possible.
  • smallworldsmallworld335 Posts: 1Member
    Beautiful job, really sweet. I love these massive big ships with lots of detail. I usually work on smaller ships, must take my courage in hand some day and try something like this. Well done!
    Just wondering what people's opinions are - did the Valkyrie have any 'launch tubes'?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    yoda wrote: »
    Just wondering what people's opinions are - did the Valkyrie have any 'launch tubes'?

I would imagine that it at least had a few, especially to launch the stealth fighter. It wouldn't make any sense for it to launch from one of the launch bays like a Raptor. Fighters need more of a boost when launching, like on an aircraft carrier with their catapulting system. You don't see transports being catapulted from the decks. At least that's my logic...:p
  • MorgenroeteMorgenroete171 Posts: 0Member
    these are rough but here are some fleet talbes for the new series.

Battlestar Galactica 2003

Regards

Morgenroete
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    The survival/revival of this thread amazes me. :)
    Classy work like your Valkyrie is never forgotten! :)
  • MorgenroeteMorgenroete171 Posts: 0Member
    A man with such epic balls to draw a ship that had less then 2 minutes screen time? Legendary.

Now if someone could just draw that big Ancient Warship from S03E05...

Regards

Posthumus
  • dadeo911dadeo911171 Posts: 0Member
    A man with such epic balls to draw a ship that had less then 2 minutes screen time? Legendary.

Regards

Posthumus

Isn't S03E05 collaborators? What ancient Warship?
  • gaiusgaius0 Posts: 0Member
    It seems that someone is confusing BSG and Stargate.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member

Regards

Posthumus

Try looking in Meshes under Stargate