Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    i have a laundry list of reasons why this ship is homely as sin but its not my thread hijack into a debate
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    I personally don't concider the "V" a battlestar at all, it looks more like a cruiser/heavy cruiser. From what I have seen on the episode "Heros", the overall look and feel of the ship is smaller,more compact than a battlestar. This is only my opinion and speculation in my part. What does everybody else think?:)
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    I think your right that she is smaller than the other battlestars that we've seen(not by too much mind you). But people tend to asume that a Battlestar is a class of ship, what if It's just the name the colonials apply to any space based warship?

But thanks for all the comments, although I keep getting the urge to fix the side panneling on the front.(just dosn't match the rest of the ship)

Catch you all later.
  • backsteptbackstept2064 Posts: 924Member
    this is great :thumb:
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work. I think she look great for a cruiser type of battlestar.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    The modeling is good but the references are flawed or something.

I hope the examples are mostly self explanatory but just in case, the first one shows that the missile firing gun has two barrels, not one. The others show that the main hull is just as wide as the head, there's no taper. The small guns on the landing deck nacelles have wide separation and their guns are extremely close together, of which there are two each. Also, I noted the shape of the engine nacelle, it's quite a dynamic shape.
    Wow, Thanks! Thats so helpful, I never noticed the second barrel. It looked to me like the missle fired out of a seperate launcher on the side but I guess Valks barrels can move independantly of each other(kind of cool). As for the engines I made them late last night, so sue me:rolleyes:.

But thanks again, I'll get her fixed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    It looks great man

And I don't care what other people are saying, I think it looks cool. Very human looking. Unlike that other flying saucer thing with the engines attached to the back :D
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    you can tell by how bloody old this thing looks that it was probably one of the first things to get nuked :p
    Amen, I recall when Cain said 3 maybe 4 nukes destroyed 5 ships (two of them battlestars) I'm guessing those battlestars were of a similar class too Valkyrie. I scaled the head down so it lines up with neck, but I kept my neck shape because It gives it some interest rather than just a strait tubular body.

A little comparison (not Identical as I took a few design liberties with mine) But still pritty damn close.
    valkyriefirecomparisionms7.jpg

Still not done with the bottom or the back mind you, I also still have to remodel the side flight pod guns.
  • Dark SaberDark Saber1 Posts: 0Member
    This looks great. Tough little star.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Simply outstanding!
  • Cyba_stormCyba_storm171 Posts: 0Member
    The more I see of this ship the more I like it.
    looks very nice!

there is a little too much ambient light in your scene, but still looks great
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful job keep up the good work
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    The ship does seem to have some subtle neck flair. Also, I thought your render was a high definition shot of the same scene when I first saw it, so you're doing great.:D

Just for the hell of it, here's a line up.
    Looks really good :thumb:

Keep up the great work
    Just did a picture of her over in the 3d gallery, even though shes no quite done... I just had to.
  • AldrikGAldrikG0 Posts: 0Member
    I thought your render was a high definition shot of the same scene when I first saw it,

LOL So did I, until I read your post.

That's AWESOME!
    Great work on the model. Your speed of progress is awsome :). The turrets are the only thing that kinda doesn't seem right to me. They looked more streamlined from what I remember from the episode (or imagine? anyways refrence situation is more than bad. Awsome what you made of it).
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    i know it's not canon, but a baby on board sticker of some sort would rock... :shiner:
    You mean a "we break for nobody." bumper sticker.:shiner:
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    lol yeah
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac179 Posts: 138Member
    Looks very similar to the Original for me, keep it up!:thumb:
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Thats a fine looking model you got there. looking forward to see the end result!
    ...so I've been gone for a bit. Boy, I've missed a lot.

Thank you so very much, Infinity, for attempting the ugly duckling of BSG. You've flattered her as much as possible without telling myths about her.

Very nice. Seriously. Will you release the mesh?

punchface
    Seems to be a lot of people inquireing about this model being released. Might happen, I'll have to think about it.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Please do! :) Its amazing what you have done with the very few reference material that is currently available.
    great work
    great work