Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    yup, definitely had my head in the sand for too long(not by choice, machine did a nose dive)
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    The survival/revival of this thread amazes me. :)

Well some of us are just getting in from the last mission. Hey, very nice job!!

Is there any way I could get hi-res orthos of your Valkyrie to put on my professional CGI Blueprints. See what I mean below...

http://www.sextondesign.net/BG/BG_Battlestar%20schematic1.jpg

If you want, you can email me at [email protected] to discuss this.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    All the interest and responses recently have spured me to do an unwrap of my Valkyrie. The Girl needed a new paint job.:D

valkyrie5vu5.jpg
    valkyrie6bw3.jpg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Um.... It looks like it was left out in the rain for 10 years while birds shat on it. I think the paint is a bit, noisy? is the term. the colours look great, but the whole mesh now looks far too busy.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Um.... It looks like it was left out in the rain for 10 years while birds shat on it. I think the paint is a bit, noisy? is the term. the colours look great, but the whole mesh now looks far too busy.
    I kind of thought so too, most of my textures are pritty bleh so I wanted a little more punch. Guesse a little too much though.
    i rather like it.

also, thats how a battlestar thats been in a few minor fights would probably look.
    great job infinity.

now, how about some orthos for the loyal fans of this ship?
    I kind of thought so too, most of my textures are pritty bleh so I wanted a little more punch. Guesse a little too much though.

Render it up in a proper scene and it may look perfect. :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    Infinity, since you're on my team for the Galactica video if you'd like you can toss your unwraps my way and I can see if I cant throw together a primer base map for you so it doesnt look so busy.
    It might also have been the lighting I used.
    valkyrie7fr9.jpg
    *drools on keyboard*

nice
    just
    nice
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Is BS Valkyrie smaller than the BSG?
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Nice!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »

I agree big time.
    I like to keep my promises. She's nice and beat up ;)

tadadd5.jpg
    nice, just nice.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    really nice work.

Like what you've done to it Justin dixon. :thumb:
    Thanks. Hope Infinity likes it ;)
    Wow Justin, that looks great. Almost like the TV episode, except the sun is yellower (who gives a frak, the model looks perfect! )
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Oh very nice, not quite sure how you did that but man that looks nice.
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Oh hot damn that is nice.

-Stefan-
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I know i asked before, but nobody replied.

I know the Valkyrie is a much newer battlestar, but is it smaller or bigger than Galactica?
    Smaller. Quite a bit smaller actually.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    About half as big in fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    where you get that info
  • BeomooseBeomoose171 Posts: 0Member
    vf-1msx wrote: »
    where you get that info
    technically her size is conjectural, but general consensus is that she's much smaller than Pegasus, and a bit smaller than Galactica. This is based mainly around her flight pod design, smaller CIC, and the number/arrangements of her engine pods. The guns could also be a tip, but since they seem to be missile turrets or some sort of hybrid, as opposed to the other Battlestars' dedicated KEWS, we can't really use them for sizing. All we know "officially" is that she's more modern and a more "prestigious" command than the much older Galactica in the modern Colonial Navy.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    trust me, its half as long as Galactica. Its a very small battlestar.
    Yeah; JDR is correct. if you look at screencaps from the show; the KEW weapons that the ship has are much smaller; you can base them mainly from the missile pods on their sides versus the size of the missile themselves; then roughly estimate that compared to galacticas via the "cockpit" that the guns on Galactica have then subtract that versus the size of galactica estimated by ratio.

I think I just confused myself.
    Beomoose wrote: »
    smaller CIC

that isn't right, the valkyrie CIC set was just a repaint of the pegasus CIC
  • BeomooseBeomoose171 Posts: 0Member
    jmsprovan wrote: »
    that isn't right, the valkyrie CIC set was just a repaint of the pegasus CIC
    It was a repaint with the walls reconfigured to make it a bit smaller.
    Yeah; JDR is correct. if you look at screencaps from the show; the KEW weapons that the ship has are much smaller; you can base them mainly from the missile pods on their sides versus the size of the missile themselves; then roughly estimate that compared to galacticas via the "cockpit" that the guns on Galactica have then subtract that versus the size of galactica estimated by ratio.

I think I just confused myself.

NOT TO SOUND LIKE AN ASS BUT DONT THEY HAVE DIFF TYPES OF GUNS??