Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Valkyrie

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: you did a good job
    ...in fact, your orthos alone coupled with available reference shots from skiffy mean that I or anyone else could follow there's and your work and create their own Valkyrie class ships...it's just that if you were to release your mesh, it would mean that we could all be lazy and either use yours or refine it or bungle the job or whatever. :)

In any case, again, desirable work done well, peace to you.

punchface
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    What the Hell, why not. Once I get it the way I want it I'll release it. ;)

peace.
    Awesome work man :thumb:

You've made amazingly fast progress with this
    I know all about making models with very few reference images, great work.
  • Ben of OzBen of Oz0 Posts: 0Member
    Man, when I first saw this in "Hero," I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen... But your mesh makes even this thing look beautiful. Nice work! :thumb:
    ...yeah, I guess so. Some of Infinity's vanity shots of her really do flatter her a lot.

She really does look nice in oblique angled shots from either dorsal or ventral angles. Bow and stern orthos look really nice too. Port/Starboard orthos are mediocre and Full on Dorsal/Ventral orthos is where Valkyrie really shows her lack of grace. Lords of Kobol save us but from top and bottom, this is one ugly baby.

punchface
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Never seen so much produced from so little reference material. Well done!
    Well I did get creative with alot of it, so its more of an interpritation then a reproduction. I find Valkyrie is so ugly its attractive in its own way, and yes she looks best at ether realy flat camera angles or the fish eyed ones.
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Like the Warthog.:)

Please, definitely release this mesh, not that I can actually use it. I know people have their reasons for not releasing stuff; they don't like seeing their meshes used in armature work, they're avoiding getting it stolen, or modified without their permission. But in general, I find it kind of rude not to release something to everyone that is of a quality that some or a lot of people would enjoy, when it costs the creator nothing to do so. Of course, I created something once with the explicit rules not to use it in certain ways, so, of course, it's up to you.

Would you be willing to make two versions, your version, which I like a lot, especially the ventral guns, and a canon mesh, that follows the ship as closely as possible and only shows what was shown in the show?
    When Its released, feel free to modify it to your harts content. The only stipulation is If I like what you do to it you have to give me yours as well. :)
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome job on this ship.
  • cgjherucgjheru331 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: YOu have done an incredible job recreating the Val! Any news on our next efforts. Have you considered getting together with other artisits to do a full Colonial fleet (with some interpretations of course)?
    Check the 3d Gallery Thread, hopefully I can get my hands on AdrikG's Peggy and shoot out some nice renders with that too. But alot of the other members who have BSG projects are (well, doing alot higher poly work then I dare) and arn't quite finished yet, but hopefully we will do some large fleet renders in the future.
  • 1of331of330 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet ship
  • MickJoMickJo0 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you so much Infinity, she is a beaut. But i cant open it in max.
    Do you have max8? If so have you updated the service pack?
  • MickJoMickJo0 Posts: 0Member
    only have max 7.
    Ahh, see I upgraded to max8 halfway through last year.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Anyone able to get an uncorrupted file?
    I just downloaded it, and tested it and it works fine for me.
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely excellent work!! Can't believe how well this turned out when you consider how poor a quality the reference shots were. I have GOT to learn how to do 3D.

I'm trying to do the Tiger Claw from the Wing Commander movie with equally poor reference pics, but am having absolutely no luck. So please excuse my gushing about this.
    I managed to get the file - finally and converted it to LW. Nice job.
  • peter_leadpeter_lead0 Posts: 0Member
    A very nice ship. Superb if I must say so:D :thumb:
    Wernt there a couple of ortho pics posted over in the 2d gallery of the wing comander movie ships, because some one needs to make some of those ships.

Thanks for all the complements guys.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    Many thanks Infinity238 for releasing the Valkyrie model.
    Hope to see it in the mod soon...
    The problem with my original DL was FireFox2/FlashGot. Finally got a good file by doing a Right click and 'save link as ...'
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Has anyone but myself spotted the thing which makes this ship truly unique within the BSG universe?

It's the first time a pagan pantheon other than the Greek has been mentioned or referenced on the show.
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    Probably a mistake on the designer/writer's side not knowing mythology as much as he should tbph. But still nice thought! OH; and hello from Arizona!
  • Charles OinesCharles Oines331 Posts: 0Member
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Has anyone but myself spotted the thing which makes this ship truly unique within the BSG universe?

It's the first time a pagan pantheon other than the Greek has been mentioned or referenced on the show.
    Not true - witness the Ragnar Anchorage in the miniseries.
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    The Valkyries, were warrior maidens who attended Odin, ruler of the gods. The Valkyries rode through the air in brilliant armor, directed battles, distributed death lots among the warriors, and conducted the souls of slain heroes to Valhalla, the great hall of Odin.

Nothing wrong with expanding the universe