Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• SanjurjoSanjurjo0 Posts: 0Member
    Agree, it looks better and better on each stage, keep up the great work! :)
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    About the StealthStar, if I could whip those out, I'd have done the Mk VII by now! :rolleyes:

Some vertical stab and equipment goodness!
    vipermk205yl3.png
    And in case anyone's interested, the above is not the final image size. The file I'm working with is 5,000 pixels across.
  • backsteptbackstept2111 Posts: 933Member
    that'll be a joy to see :thumb:
    awesome work B.J.!
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J., I didn't think it was possible to improve on your original stuff, but.... wow... Great work!
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet stuff man.... I know you mentioned how hard it is to do dirt in your app... looks really awsome:thumb:
    Actually, this is done (or finished, at least) in GIMP. Everything that came before was done completely in Corel Draw. So now that I've learned some new techniques, weathering is not quite so hard anymore!

I've been wondering what registry number to show for the final version. I could use William "Husker" Adama's ship, N7242C, but if possible I'd like to use Starbuck's. I know that I've seen her name next to the cockpit on one of the Mk IIs (also makes me wonder why she's no longer in a Mk VII), but I haven't seen the corresponding registry number. Most likely there isn't one specified (so they don't have to change the lettering on the set piece), but maybe someone has seen it?
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    She's flown several Vipers over the course of the show so you'd could always default to one of those. 1104NC, 8547NC are the two that come to mind. 47 was the one she shot down the nuke with, as well as the Olympic Carrier, 1104 was what she flew at Ragnar. You could always do Apollo's 7242NC from "Pegasus."

Starbuck could just prefer to fly the Mk II. I notice Kat's been flying a Mk VII more and more now.
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    there done in ms paint but there a start i just got adobe an im just figuring out how to run it
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    bagera4000 wrote: »
    there done in ms paint but there a start i just got adobe an im just figuring out how to run it

Those are nice creations you have bagera4000, but be careful of hijacking B.J.'s thread. :)
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    ^Yeah I like them too. Although the profile on the nose is a little thin IMO. I`m guessing thats your own take on the blackbird Bagera. You havent obtained any official orthos we dont know about have you?..
    B.J. wrote: »
    About the StealthStar, if I could whip those out, I'd have done the Mk VII by now! :rolleyes:
    Yeah, not to mention the Blackbird which has been requested before I believe.:confused:
    Not much done overall, but I did create and add the shield to the nose. I was a bit unsure of how dark or purplish the red part should be, but these were the colors I sampled. The image is half the size of the original.
    vipermk206kw7.png
    Nice shield man. Can we get a wide shot to see how it looks?..
    I think it needs to be a little less purplish, more red, but looking very sweet! Keep it up.
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    Talos wrote: »
    I think it needs to be a little less purplish, more red, but looking very sweet! Keep it up.

quoted for truth
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    one thats clean like it new an one that looks like it been thou hell an back
    I like it as is. But as said, if you want to add that "wear & used" look, maybe a little dents on the patch painting, like it was aged by time, planetary reentries, etc. Or can be a new painted one, so as is is nice. Good work, the Mk.II is coming to life piece by piece. :)
    Haven't been able to do much recently, but here's a small update.
    vipermk207cj4.png
  • backsteptbackstept2111 Posts: 933Member
    callsign Rabbit :D

looks great, Rabbit :thumb:
    Sweetness!
    Cool nearly done, looks sweet...:thumb:
    good good... that's a great carrot for a small rabbit :p
    looking good so far.
  • MichaelSMichaelS0 Posts: 0Member
    I know, it's a bit late to discover these latest developments. Still, I like them a lot! :D Very well done, that. I know from experience just how difficult it can be to get accurate and realistic shading ... (and sometimes it just won't work at all no matter how hard one tries. It can be pretty exasperating!)
  • Robocool13Robocool130 Posts: 0Member
    B. J. -

Those renditions are awesome. Keep up the great work and bring us more, please.

Thanks.
    Not dead yet! :D

vipermk701pj0.png

Don't worry, the improved Mk II hasn't been abandoned, I just got burnt out on it for a little while. (Actually, trying to figure out how to do the engines is scaring the hell out of me! :lol: ) I'm doing this Mk VII back in Corel Draw, partially because it's fast (for me), and partially to make it fit in with my previous Vipers.
    Nice start mate...:thumb:
    Excellent start, I can't wait to see this finished. It's nice to see someone else doing the Mk VII too, I'm working on one based on the same pics.
  • niraa67niraa67331 Posts: 17Member
    Nice yery nice.:D
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    Very Nice
    Update! Got the rest of the side view done.
    vipermk702jp4.th.png