Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    Haha, nice work BJ. I like it...:flippy:

Whoa, I didn`t notice the Noob thing. Have they singled you out?..:confused: Maybe its just a transitional thing. They could be setting that post, ranking system thing back up again...
  • backsteptbackstept2080 Posts: 928Member
    B.J. wrote: »
    BTW, when did I change from "SFM Guru" to "SFM n00b"?!? When do I get back to Guru?
    36 more posts :D
    Ahh cool, so we`re back on that ranking system?..
    yep, but the actual ranks are different
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Okay, cool. Didn't see that mentioned anywhere.

35.... :D
    backstept wrote: »
    yep, but the actual ranks are different
    You can say that again. Guru wasn`t till around 1500 or so before. Guess I`m up for Grand Pubar next...:flippy: Can you give us a run down on the new levels?..
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    Cute Viper You should do a MSD of it.
    Can you give us a run down on the new levels?..
    according to PimpTastique the ranks are:

10 posts: SFM n00b
    100 posts: SFM Frequenter
    150 posts: SFM Guru
    1000 posts: SFM Obsessed

I think at 2000 you get SFM Oracle, and SFM frequenter might be wrong . . .
    I liked SFM Crazy rather then obsessed, but that should have come before Guru. Oh well Oracle here I come...

Sorry for getting off subject there BJ...:shiner:
    It's alright. But according to what you posted there backstept, shouldn't I be at SFM Frequenter now?
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Subtle SFM prodding for you to do more Vipers id say :P
  • SprySpry0 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, yes it is!

*Cracks whip*
  • girion590girion5900 Posts: 0Member
    Great images dude! I'm a plastic modeller and a scratchbuilder and I'm wondering if you have any schematic diagrams or blueprints for the viper MkII.

Keep up the great work!
    ;)
    Check the first page, girion. ;) Of course, I only have the side and top views. There's some official orthos floating around somewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I truly enjoyed your Viper MKII artwork,especially the Air Force & Navy paint
    schemes,they now decorate a wall in my office at home. Are you going to
    be doing anything with the MK VII or the Galactica?
    Thanks! I keep wanting to do the Mk VII, but the lack of an ortho of the show's model keeps holding me back, since I tend to be a perfectionist at times. It's annoying and irrational, but there you go.

Speaking of which, I seem to remember that Viper Aviator was one of the ones that provided me with some derived orthos. Hey, V.A., haven't those been updated since you sent them to me, as I seem to remember from Talos' thread?
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi B.J.,

I totaly forgot about those modified Mk VII orthos. Other projects with work have been overwhelming latley. I'll e-mail them out to you and Talos to get your feedback as to the accuracy. I'm sure that they'll be modified again when I get my 1/24 scale Viper Mk VII from Sci-fi Models.
    I finally got around to finishing the stealth Viper, aka "Phantom". I actually scaled it down slightly, since originally it was around 10m long.
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks sweet man:thumb:
    Yeah, nice work...:thumb:
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool, I like it! :thumb:
  • SprySpry0 Posts: 0Member
    Quite sexy, and original! Im glad you didnt just copy the blackbird design straight out.
  • SanjurjoSanjurjo0 Posts: 0Member
    That's a good work, man, i love the designs, Mark one, those variations...
    That version for Mr. Hatch proposition is very nice... and looks a little like a Mk.7, but it has its classic roots.
    Heh.... i just bought the complete classic Series Dvd set... i'm just beginning to see it and i love it... good remembrance from my childhood :D
    I'm enjoying this thread more than a pic in the mud... :devil:
    and also.. all thos nice USAF, Navy and Russian markings... looks like the Vipers would look if Galactica arrives here and the Colonials begin to share their tech with us... lovely... a carrier full of Mark.II and VII.

And a camo scheme example could be a digital disruptive pattern... like the digi-camo of the marines or now the US Army... or a complete black camo, to blend with the space, with white dots to look like they're stars! weirder things i saw... :D Oh... and how about an US Marines one?
    If i had the time and the soft, i could do one in Spanish Air force(Ejército del Aire) insignia... with the cool red-yellow-red roundel and St. Andrew's cross on the tail... :lol:
    A big kiss to your family! hope your daughter is right now. :thumb:
    *now time to devour all those nice images and dl. them!*
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    I've only ever seen fuzzy screencaps and some... drawings. This is fantastic!

I think your take BJ, even if it is minor variations, is an improvement on the original.

I must say, I've never been a huge fan of the original design. I think they should've approached some of the members of this site for the Blackbirds design. You guys would've come up with something better.
    Yeah, I had issues with the Blackbird as well. To quote myself:
    I thought the Blackbird stealth ship that we saw in BSG was okay, but it never set right with me. So I've done up what I think a BSG stealth Viper should look like. It's faceted like the F(sic)-117 and not smooth like current stealth aircraft because this would need to be an all-aspect stealth ship (3D space, right?), and current aircraft are really optimized for their mostly 2D environment. The inlets are also covered with a mesh (similar to F(sic)-117) to protect the engine face from DRADIS scans, since the inlets on Vipers are not nearly long enough for a serpentine inlet. I also took some design cues from the F-22, the Boeing Bird of Prey, and the Super Hornet.
    If you'll notice, I didn't put any guns on it, which would frak up its DRADIS signature. But I did include a small bay between the gear for ordnance, so its mission profile is kinda like the F-117 or B-2 to get in, drop yer load, and get out undetected.
  • SanjurjoSanjurjo0 Posts: 0Member
    Look what i've found while searching for BSG stuff in DeviantArt...

Isobel.jpg

Another nice Mark.II named Isobel done by clever-screen-name. I reduced the image scale to post it here. You can find the big size version on the page.
    Look at the nice worn-out and used look. Nice, isn't it? :)
    Here's the link to clever-screen-name DA page:
    clever-screen-name on deviantART
    ^ Interesting image there, Sanjurjo. It is quite obvious that they just took the rendered image by Zoic, changed the stripe color and added a couple other markings. I think it would extremely difficult to apply a completely different scheme. In the end, you'd be better off redrawing it from scratch!
    In other news, I've been experimenting with some new techniques that I've recently learned, mainly to increase the realism factor. This goes way beyond the simple vector-only stuff I've done so far.
    vipernosetestsi4.png
    I've been lurking over at military-meshes.com and picking up on some the techniques they use to produce some amazing looking profiles. I'm just trying to see what I can do with that.

That said, it'll probably be a long time before I come up with a completed Viper using these methods. Like I said, I'm just experimenting and learning right now.
    sweet!
    can't wait to see what you come up with :thumb:
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet, BJ! That nose is awesome.