Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely awsome man... keep it up:thumb:
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    Larsen

any update on your galactica?
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work mate, looks great...:thumb:
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    BJ,

Great job on the Mk VII, are you planning on doing custom markings like you did on the Mk II, I think the shape of the craft just begs to be customized. :cool:
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work on the Mk VII, BJ. Like VA, I'd love to see some alternate paint jobs, like a high-vis Mk II-style one.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, absolutely! You didn't think I'd draw this up and just leave it alone, did you? :D
    Great! Can't wait. :thumb:
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    This is like a SFM version of "Pimp my Ride".

Viper Detailing... has a nice ring to it.

Nice work as always BJ.
    B.J. wrote: »
    Oh, absolutely! You didn't think I'd draw this up and just leave it alone, did you? :D
    Cool, I always wanted to know what this one would look like all pimped out ever since oh, you first started this thread really.:D Cant wait!...:thumb:
  • Honman1Honman10 Posts: 0Member
    looks good!

How's the improved Mk II coming along? You ought to take that one out for a spin when it's finished.

(If you could turn it just a bit and export me a version in .doc I have a landing pad I'd like to put it on...) :D
    Thanks! The improved Mk II is on hot standby for now. I'll bet I'm not the only one that gets their workflow totally upended over the holidays!

"Turn it just a bit" he says! :lol:
    Update! The start of the top view of the Mk VII:
    vipermk703fj6.th.png
    Looking good!

How about a screen shot? Would find it very informative to see what it looks like when you're actually creating it...
    Sweet work so far on the dorsal view, BJ.
    Honman1: I'm not sure what you'd get out of a screenshot, because there's not much else. About the only things not showing are the layer with my references, and a box to control the centerline for the top view. Sometimes I also draw lines up from the side view in order to line things up, but those are short-lived. I guess one of the intermediate steps is when drawing the initial shapes, I draw them with a red border and no fill, just so I can identify it easily and make sure it gets the correct fills later.
    B.J.,

The Mk VII is looking great, I can't wait to see the finished top view. By the way, what color gray are you using for the body?
    I'm not in front of my home computer, but I know where the shading is "bare", so it looks like R128 G139 B152.
    Looks great BJ, almost there...:thumb:
    Thanks B.J.,

I give it a try, I'm working on that color scheme for a Mk I and Mk II
    The Mk VII is done! Woo hoo! Not only that, but I've got a bonus pic as well.
    Excellent work.

(Thanks for the earlier info, by the way...)

[edit] Hey BJ. Just in case you're interested, a quick and easy way of making your canopy look transparent is to reverse your gradient then place a (or a few) small light source reflection point(s)...

(Just FYI. I am by no means saying you need to do that. Your work looks great!)
    Sweet job, BJ. Excellent as always.
    B.J.

That is truly an excellent job on the Mk VII, and I love the Mk II color scheme. You really did it justice. I was wondering how you were going to pull it off with the weird panel lines. HOME RUN!!!!! :thumb:
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    I like th color scheme on the Mark VII excellent work
    Nice one mate...:thumb:
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    Yes Very Sweet You should add some sliver or gold elements to the first one..Again sweet.
  • Parker MidwinterParker Midwinter0 Posts: 0Member
    anybody else note the changes they made to Lee's Mk VII in Maelstrom?

there are now intakes under the main wings and the intakes above are angular now... i'll see if i can dredge up some screens, but it looks like the deck-gang has overhauled the MkVIIs... or it's like, a MKVIIe or something.

ok, got some goos screencaps [from Davehal9000 at the SSM boards] of what the folks [including me] over at Starship modeler forums are dubbing the MKVIIe [in keeping with the current US Navy use of the hornet as a jack-of all trades, just like the fleet and the Vipers, and the fact that the intakes are angular now and not rounded like the MKVIIc]

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper9.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper8.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper7.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper6.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Davehal9K/viper4.jpg
  • backsteptbackstept2110 Posts: 932Member
    the fuselage is a lot differrent too . . .
    I actually like this Maelstrom version better than the one from the Mini onwards :D
    I'm liking alot of that new Viper Mk VII. When I was watching I thought it was just a goof with an inaccurate model at first. I like the angular underwing intakes a lot, they look good, as does the new nose. The LERXs are shorter and bulge outward. The tail looks shorter too.

Maybe this is what the Pegasus-produced Viper Mk VIIs look like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Great job ... Did you do a schematic of the Galactica or Pegasus too????