Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks! :D
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey B.J.

Have you ever thought about a Mk VII in US Navy markings? say a CAG bird
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    GOod work
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    great work there BJ...
    I did Larsen's Viper in 60s or 70s era Navy markings. A CAG bird might be interesting, but not a 100% modern one since they've pretty much done away with the special markings. (I know they've told Boeing to stop painting the CAG birds different.) It would be pretty bland looking with basically one overall color.
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J. wrote: »
    It would be pretty bland looking with basically one overall color.

So basically like they are on the show already. :flippy:

Actually, thinking about it, the paintscheme of the Maelstrom Viper Mk VII did appear lighter, almost a USN gull grey as opposed to the darker blue-grey of the normal colors.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see a test color scheme, the kind with the day-glo orange panels like the USAF and NASA and all test with occasionally, also similar to the artic colors. Hmm, maybe some Soviet-style paints, they always had the neatest ones.
  • backsteptbackstept2092 Posts: 930Member
    man you got me inspired to do a little texturing :D
    I even modified the geometry to be a little more accurate
    and you can't read it but the nameplate says LT Frank Parker "Conundrum" :D
    Lol, I miss Seven Days, or whatever it was called. :D
    yep Seven Days :D
    one of my favorites
    I used to catch it on Spike when it was on every weekday, I miss it.
    yeah it was part of my routine . . .
    I wonder if it's on DVD? hmm . . .

okay we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread :D
  • cooloneinca 2224cooloneinca 22240 Posts: 0Member
    wow
    Pretty nice looking there, backstept! BTW, I replaced the two Pegasus MkVIIs with an updated picture to include the logo on the wings.
    Worked up a Cylon Raider, plus some unexpected allies for the Cylons! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hmm, that would be interesting. A Viper or Cylon Raider that is a Transformer. If Hasbro did something with combining characters and ships from Star Wars, do you all think they could do that with ships from BSG?
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    cool images! Transformers and BSG... reminds me of that thread a while back that someone started with Gundam and Star Trek mashed together. I think it turned into some huge geek flamewar.
    Haha, awesome, Decepticon Vipers. I love it. :thumb:
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    need to make jet fire out of mark 7
    Aw, nobody likes the Raider? :(

A little update on the MkII v2 - I've got most of the wing done, and I just whipped out the engines over lunch. Those were what was really holding me up. Even though I cut a few corners here and there, I think they came out pretty good.
    vipermk208zh3.png
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks awsome BJ... is this the 'dirty' version?

Great work your doing:thumb:
    Ooh, nice! :thumb:

Rabbit?
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    Lovin' the transformers take.

Like this picture posing as a hypothetical comic cover.
    I was wondering what it might look like transformed! :lol:

@Talos: On one of the programs I was involved with, one of the shop workers started calling me Rabbit, since I'm a bit shy around new people. He was a friend and we joked around a lot, so it was okay. I don't like giving myself nicknames (as evidenced by my screen name here), but this would be a true callsign, since it was picked by someone else! You don't get to pick your own callsign in the real world.
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    HA! I like the Transformers take!

I have to say BJ, I liked your 'old' style and didn't see any need for improvement BUT fantastic work with the new style!

Rabbit... I like it. I never had a nickname either. I feel the same way. It's something earned, good or bad, not something you pick.
    Very interesting: Rebelscum.com: New Titanium Series Vehicles

To compare:
    27691d1173412612t-bsg-vipers-viper-mk7_02.png

So, anyone know if people from Hasbro are looking in on this site? :lol:
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J.

I hope that you are getting creative credit and royalties
    Hahaha, that's crazy, BJ. It's just like your's. :)

Oh, yeah, that is a true callsign, btw, one someone else picked. I'm horrible about picking names for myself, it took me a long time to go with Talos, the name popped out at me while I was reading a book on Greek mythology.
  • SugartoothSugartooth0 Posts: 0Member
    I love these designs!

I'm curious though, ive made one of the fatboy Vipers in 3d, and have PMed/emailed both participants for permission before posting them, but havent heard back from MR. Williams. How often does he visit the forums, or does anyone know a better way to contact him? id like to post my results and get some feedback. Ive already been in contact with BJ about this, just waiting on maui williams to reply and say YAY or NAY .
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    Sugartooth wrote: »
    I love these designs!

I'm curious though, ive made one of the fatboy Vipers in 3d, and have PMed/emailed both participants for permission before posting them, but havent heard back from MR. Williams. How often does he visit the forums, or does anyone know a better way to contact him? id like to post my results and get some feedback. Ive already been in contact with BJ about this, just waiting on maui williams to reply and say YAY or NAY .

f*** it. Post it and we'll give you some feedback.

It's admirable you're waiting for permission, but I wouldnt expect you to stunt your creativity due to someone else's prolonged silence.

Besides, it's not like you're going to publish it or make money off it.
  • SugartoothSugartooth0 Posts: 0Member
    f*** it. Post it and we'll give you some feedback.

It's admirable you're waiting for permission, but I wouldnt expect you to stunt your creativity due to someone else's prolonged silence.

Besides, it's not like you're going to publish it or make money off it.

True, however, i might stick it in a mod for a game as something to be piloted, so i think ill wait for permission since the design is his, and the paint schemes are BJs.