Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• SarvekSarvek0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool markings on the Vipers. :thumb: It would be cool to see those with AAF markings and to see the Buck Rogers fighter with BSG markings. ;)
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    B.J., you read my statement about a "Federation Viper", right? In case if you didn't, here's the link: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/2d-wips/1528-bsg-vipers-5.html

Please read and review......:( No one would listen to my ideas, nor me for that matter.......:( :( :(
  • SarvekSarvek0 Posts: 0Member
    It would be cool to see a Viper with Federation/Starfleet markings. :thumb:
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    I like them both BJ, but I like the second one best...:flippy:

@Capt Eric, Are you the one that did the NCC-75075 U.S.S. Galactica?.. I think I saw it the other day... Was kinda cool from memory.
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    love them both mate:thumb:... Absolutely awsome!

Now weather them:devil:... really heavy:D

Hehe OBI... Uhmmm Darth Malice:D... thanx man for keeping them non believers in line:D... I never knew that was how she functioned:D

The pilot can actually see out the front... and he can certainly see a good arc all the way upwards!

This fighter is designed with the "coolfactor" in mind... not so much the "practical and boring factor" :devil: And this is scifi.... so live with it...

Sweet work BJ, I'm honored that you feel my design is worthy:thumb:
    LOL, no worries mate.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Larsen: Weathering is the achilles heel of pure vector drawing. I'm afraid you'll have to settle for "factory fresh".

Cpt Eric: I'm not ignoring you, but I can only do so much at one time! Give me a chance, huh? :D

Sarvek: I have considered doing the Starfighter in BSG markings, but the profile is so thin that it's difficult to come up with something adequate.

The Sith formerly known as Obi: Do you happen to remember exactly how long your Fatboy Viper is? I think I had gotten that info from you before, but it probably went down with the ship.
    I think I guess-timated around 18-20ft 6 or 7 meters?..
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    It would be cool to see a Viper with Federation/Starfleet markings.

Oh, thank you Sarvek!
    @Capt Eric, Are you the one that did the NCC-75075 U.S.S. Galactica?.. I think I saw it the other day... Was kinda cool from memory.

Well.......no, but I do support J.B. for it. The Delta Fighter.........I'm not so sure......
    Cpt Eric: I'm not ignoring you, but I can only do so much at one time! Give me a chance, huh?

Heheheheh............sorry. :D
  • primateavengerprimateavenger0 Posts: 0Member
    hello

really enjoying this thread do you have any plans to draw up the older viper from the classic episode 'The Long Patrol', and the variants shown in the maximum press comics? Just wondering :)
    I've considered doing that old Viper since it would be a fairly simple "kitbash" on my existing MkI. As for the ones from the comics, I'm not familiar with those. Got any references?
    Yeah got loads I'm away this weekend so when I get back on Sunday I'll dig them out scan and post them for you.
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J have you considered branching out and doing other fighters? Like say the X-wing, Thunderbolt, Rapier etc.?

I really liked your Viper chart and think a Sci-fi fighter chart done by you would be amazing. You could do the same treatment to the other fighters giving them Colonial vipers colors in a "what-if" as in what if the Galactica's supply of Vipers was running low so they supplemented with other fighters they happened across in their travels.

Just food for thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    How about doing "Serenity"? :p
    What about doing some of your own designs... I know it's hard to do in 2D, cause you have a hard time seeing it 3D... But I'd certainly be prepared to sit down and model some concepts together with you... well over the net ofcourse:p

Just a thought:thumb:

Still need some supply craft for the Galactica too:D... And a deacent Raptor!
    Hi B.J got home late today will dig out those comics when I get home from work tommorow night and try to get them uploaded by the latest thursday on evening shifts this week..
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    great artwork dude, can't wait to see more.

Here's an idea for Buck's starfighiter with colonial markings,

1. replace the directerate emblem with a battlestar's seal.

2. change the rainbow markings to colonial red and paint the tip's of the noses red.

3. put the name of a battlestar on the lower airfoil.

those are my two cents.
    Bump.

Any new stuff BJ? I found some more views of the PS2 Battlestar Galactica video game vipers if you want them.
    Can you post`em up Safe?.. or link me or sommin?.. I`d like to see those if they`re better quality then the ones you posted in my viper thread a while back...:flippy:

Edit:.. Or are they the same images?..:D
    Sorry, no updates yet. I've temporarily lost the muse, so to speak. Occasionally you have to put something aside for a while or it's no longer any fun. But not to worry, this probably won't last long!

And go ahead an post them, Safe. Even if they are the same images, not everybody will have seen them before.
    Ok, here they are. There are actually 3 different Vipers in the game and a Colonial bomber (not keen on it's design), I'm having a hard time finding info on the 3rd, or 2nd Viper, whichever one I'm missing. I may have to resort to screen caps. I think all were designed by John Lomax.

These are from the PS2 Battlestar Galactica Game.
    Aww cool those are much better shots, thanks. The ones you posted earlier were like thumbs or something. I like both the vipers but I`m not sure about the bomber...:confused:
    Take your time BJ... we'll be here waiting:thumb:
    Yeah, I don't like that bomber, either. But I really like the middle one. Something about the way the cockpit has a roof over it makes it look mean.

..........and I have something new! (Told you it wouldn't last long!) :D
    Here's the Viper Mk0 in all her glory! Too bad they skipped on this design.
  • dilbertmandilbertman0 Posts: 0Member
    B.J. wrote:
    Yeah, I don't like that bomber, either. But I really like the middle one. Something about the way the cockpit has a roof over it makes it look mean.

..........and I have something new! (Told you it wouldn't last long!) :D
    Here's the Viper Mk0 in all her glory! Too bad they skipped on this design.
    I like it.

Jim
    Damn!! That looks fantastic in Galactica colours!!
    Nice. It does look right at home in those Galactica markings.....:flippy:
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    Good job BJ, that ship looks much more sleeker and nastier in the BSG markings than it ever did in the Buck Rogers series. :cool:
  • goose814goose814336 Posts: 2Member
    The BUCK ROGERS Starfighter looks awesome. I would love to see a bottom view.

Gus
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    I also agree that Buck Rogers starfighter looks great with colonial markings:thumb: keep up the good work.

Heres an idea, I wonder how the T-65 X-wing wood look in colonial markings??:thumb: