Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStormcloud's Star Wars Ships

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    looking excellent sir! I could never do a Star Destroyer... i'd go INSANE! so all respect to you, Fractal sponge, and all the rest...!!
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Very intricate detailing, awesome work!
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    anyone know the admins? was thinking might be an idea to simply change the title of the thread so i have one place to drop all my star wars related ships? or think its better to make thread for new ships?
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    anyone know the admins? was thinking might be an idea to simply change the title of the thread so i have one place to drop all my star wars related ships? or think its better to make thread for new ships?

Like Fractal's thread?

Just contact one of the admins.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    ok pm'd but guess will take a while to get around to changing thread name so will start sharing other ships with you too - started this one yesterday - so not bad for 2 days work - its an anti- star fighter frigate - think lancer frigate but not ugly - its abit smaller than lancer and not quite so many guns but these are specially developed anti fighter guns not just hauled out of a tie bomber

each of the 8 turrets is a twin gatling laser cannon so they have very hgih rate of fire - design for turret is a mix of phalanx cannon and rapier sam system - each turret is computer controlled for high accuracy at short range - gunners can override the auto targeting of the turrets if there is a need to priortise specific targets - other than that though shes a frigate class with not alot in the way of defences against anything larger than a light corvette

she is 160m in length and is very fast for her size - think in terms of millenium falcon at endor battle - obviously not quite as quick or manueverable as its is a bigger ship
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Stormcloud wrote: »

I can change it for you. What do you want to call it?
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    something simple like Stormclouds Star Wars Ships
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Wow,that frigate is amazing.Well done,love this thread.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Nice anti-starfighter frigate! Very cool.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice new design there.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I can imagine these ships in Empire at War blasting the crap out of the Rebels (or whatever era this is from.)
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    I'm liking the new ship! has the front end of the republic cruzer! ( my favorite!) keep it up!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    great work on the frigate
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator

Bah. Someone puts in a good word for me and I let them down. :)

Sorry about not getting back to you, Stormcloud. This is looking great. Impressive work. And with fractalsponge giving you advice, it can only get better and better. :cool:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like that big beast, looks very impressive.
    ok been a while since i done any work on any of my models - my sister roped me into photographing her wedding - let me tell you that was the most stressful day of my life (am not a professional photographer just an enthusastic amateur) but i got some nice photos and my sister and her hubby seemed pleased with them - so now jsut got the album to make but figured i would take some time for my own projects now i got the raw photos processed

and jumped back in with an update on the anti fighter frigate

done some work on the enginer area - added detail to the reactor - changed the upper hull area slightly and added some detailing here and there
    Cool design!
    Looking real good,well done.
    ok this is the reason i struggle to finish meshes i start playing before they are finished - little bit more detail since last shots but probably not overly noticeable - but makes for a not bad render already so enjoy
    Cool pic! I could see a few of these torching the forest moon of Endor in reprisals against the ewoks lol
    Man,that looks good!
    Hope you do finish this one,outstanding effort mate.
    some more pretty pics of this ship - thinking about its armourments and the design unintensionally seems to look like i could use modular turrets - so thinking that the rear side turrets could be replaced with turbolasers to give this ship abit more firepower for dealing with corvettes etc while still retaining most of its anti star fighter role - but based on teh ship size i dont think you could realistically put more than 2 turbolasers on a ship this size or certainly not while maintaining all 8 turret hardpoints

anyway to the more interesting bits
    95703.jpg95704.jpg95705.jpg
    Great work.
    I think the current turrets look fine to me.
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    A beautiful ship good enough for the Star Wars universe.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like the looks.
    loving it!
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Not a big fan of the glowing intakes (that's really the province of Trek ships), but the rest is AWESOME.
    thats not an intake thats the thrust reversers =) anyway another one i'm working on - was actually asked to do this by someone for a text based rpg game - is the start of a mon cal built star destroyer - still early stage but thought i would dump in here maybe get some opinions and constructive crits
    95723.jpg
  • PhantomVXPhantomVX331 Posts: 0Member
    That's a very pretty Mon Cal-style warship. :)