Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStormcloud's Star Wars Ships

• XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    really nice work.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    ok another little update - not much to say really just a little more detailing in places - just about ready to call time on this one
    97844.jpg97845.jpg
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    I love that ship.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    don't know how you and Fractal do these ships :)

Looks great sir
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    I love that ship.

Well,now,.....this endorsment makes it even more awesome.
    outstanding work sir!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Cracking job.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Well done,very good renders.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Awesome work! The textures really add depth to it...
  • TyranneixTyranneix171 Posts: 0Member
    I love the bulky armored look of that little cruiser.. kinda reminds be of BSG ships with the engine placement and such, but it works for the Empire so well.

Kudos to you sir!
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    it looks realistic, if it isn't textured and it looks like that it hardly needs it.
    Still messing with it - saw a really nice model of warlock class destroyer from b5 in another thread and made me fire up modeler again and make something inspired by it but for the star wars universe

no doubt many things will change yet though but thought i would throw it out here
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    Still messing with it - saw a really nice model of warlock class destroyer from b5 in another thread and made me fire up modeler again and make something inspired by it but for the star wars universe

no doubt many things will change yet though but thought i would throw it out here
    cool, i can clearly see the warlock class inspiration but well done on making a distinctive ship based on it. it may benefit from some more antennae and aerials along with extra sensors and maybe some more turrets.
    well done!
    little update

new guns - big and small - new radar dish - some detailing here and there - quite happy with it overall so far
    Well done Stormcloud.Cannot wait for more from you.
    little update
    very good but maybe move some turrets to the sides rather than the top and bottom. good detailing and a great engine section at the rear.
    it has turrets on the side - 2 forward and 1 aft facing on each side - the tops and bottom have an extra 2 turrets each but they have better line of sight on targets since the docking bays dont get in the way

so i dont want to add turrets where i dont think they would be effective - this ship can easily bring 13 of its 16 main guns onto a single target and well see the tiny black dot on the lower section under the cargo bay doors - thats a 6ft tall human so the guns on this thing are vast - i dont think it could handle much more firepower for its size (1.2km long) =)

i will add some more detail onto the sides to try and bring it more to life but i'm also trying to avoid the old lots of random panels approach since i gotta figure that when making a ship panels would generally be rectangular so they could be manufactured and stored efficiently

also gotta figured that any major systems except those that by design need to exposed would be hidden under armour plate - so is somewhat limiting - and might have to throw some pipes onto it to make it look right even though i think in fact it would be unlikely to have any pipes ducts cables exposed outside the armour

anyway will see how it progresses
  • PhantomVXPhantomVX331 Posts: 0Member
    I am wondering if that Warlock-inspired ship is carrying massive, powerful particle beam cannons, you know same weapon from the GOD (Global Orbital Defense platform). The Warlock carried two of them, and they were powerful enough to one shot a new type of Centauri Vorchan in the Lost Tales movie.

Besides, it was also said that one shot from GOD's particle beam was enough to wipe out the United States' eastern coast.

It would be interesting if that ship carried them. Would make sense, considering the Earth Alliance would have to face potentially technologically advanced threats.
    this ship was inspired by the warlock but its a star wars ship - got shields etc -so turbo lasers not beam cannons
    ok pulled lightwave out of mothballs and did a little more work on this ship - hopefully looking more star wars than b5 now
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    It's really spiffy, but it's B5. :(
    i could go with the random tiling of star wars ships but part of me screams noooooo they would have straight simple rectangular panels where ever possible just to simplify production lol - maybe once i fill in the unarmored sections with greebles it will look star warsy
    Welcome back Stormcloud!
    Really missed your Star Wars designs,hope you make more.
    Happy New Year!
    b5 style is pretty cool, it still screams warlock class but i for one think that is a nice shape to have. front section looks good though those spines seems too fat, middle section also good but consider moving the heat radiators outwards a bit and detailing up the hull beneath them a little. rear section is good as an overall shape but badly needs more detailing on the engines, add pipes, some truss work and make the exhausts into either shuttle type engine bells or turkey feather style afterburners. perhaps look to the engine section of a B5 omega destroyer for inspiration. also you may wish to shift towards some larger weapons but fewer of them, although doing so is best done without significantly altering the shape with very bulky turrets.
    p.s. how big should this ship be?
    larger weapons? each of those turrets is nearly 100m long!!!! - they are unimaginably huge for a turret (really should be smaller and more of them but like the look -just hard to remember they are nearly about as large as a modern navy destroyer all by themselves)- this thing is a mile long with bigger guns than star destroyers - the engines are just tubes for now not really done any work on them yet - they will look more techy soon haven't thought much about what they will look like yet but want them to say star wars not babylon 5

anyway will try and get abit more done soon
    well done sir!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Still finding it a bit tricky to shake that B5 feel? Have you got a race or faction in mind for this starship? To make it feel more like Star Wars I think you need to take some design cues from existing Star Wars vessels and incorporate them into your design. I see you already have some spheres reminiscent of a Star Destroyer's shield generator/sensor domes, you need a bit more of that action going on, and some of that distinctive greebling which just screams of Star War's lived in and highly detailed universe.
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Dude, nice ships! I love the modeling job. The nice thing about Star Wars ships is they look complete, even without textures. Also, nice work on the greebles, there's just the right amount, in just the right places. I especially like the corvette on page 13. It's just the right size. I can't wait to see more!