Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStormcloud's Star Wars Ships

• StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    started out as a small crusier but wanted it to at laest carry some aux craft and by the time i could fit a hanger big enough to land a fighter in damn thing is about 700m odd long
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    what is this latest one from?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work.
    what is this latest one from?
    not from anything just making it up as i go along
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool design, especially like the little radiator things.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really sweet design. :)
  • xumucanexumucane0 Posts: 0Member
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    dont usually do this but i really like this ship and thought i would "try" (alot of try not much doing sadly in my case) to texture it - this the mesh is 95% there and certainly any changes at this point shouldn't affect at attempts at textures i do

anyway just plannar mapped so abit rough but aslong as you dont get to close i think it make its look better - still a bit to go though since afew bits cant be got nicely from above =(
    Easily one of the best Star Wars ships I've seen. Almost seems... plausible. Really fantastic work.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    That is really awesome.
    a nice size too.
    Well done,look forward to the details.
    not from anything just making it up as i go along

it screams star destroyer to me what with the shield globes on the sides..any plans to continue her?
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    A very beautiful ship.
    cant actually claim the shield domes on the side as being my idea - saw it on another ship somewhere and thought that looked cool - but yeah still working on it - my stuff never ends up with the polish of some others around here but want it to at least get most of the way there - will update when made some significant progress
    thanks storm! happy trails on the models!
    ok not sure its the significant update i promised but its an update
    Superb as usual.
    Loving it.
    Would you consider making an imperial version of the LAAT/i gunship?
    I believe there was a variation that was slightly larger than the clone wars one,carried more troops and was more heavily armed.
    Would love to see your version of such a vessel.Your version of the TIE interceptor still is the best I have seen that is why I am sure you will come up with a great design.Thanks for your great work.
    still say she looks like a star destroyer.

well done.
    Found the pic of the imperial LAAT.
    Can you make something like this with your own spin to it?Imperial_heavy_troop_transport (2).jpg
    104450.jpg
    still say she looks like a star destroyer.

well done.

well she is an imperial starship so you could call her a star destroyer but shes small - 700m max so not even half the length let alone volume of Mk II ISD
    jedi44 wrote: »
    Found the pic of the imperial LAAT.
    Can you make something like this with your own spin to it?Imperial_heavy_troop_transport (2).jpg

you mean something based of that troop transport or my take on a troop transport? i'd be more inclined to do something similar but with a more modern era imperial feel
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    you mean something based of that troop transport or my take on a troop transport? i'd be more inclined to do something similar but with a more modern era imperial feel

Like this? :D

Imperial_LAAT_by_CDorius.jpg
    76099.jpg
    yeah thats about what i was thinking in my head - guess no need to do it now since thats probably better than what i would come up with - would change some things but would be to close
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    yeah thats about what i was thinking in my head - guess no need to do it now since thats probably better than what i would come up with - would change some things but would be to close

What about like mine?
    dumv.jpg

Click to embiggin

It's based of that turd from the Force Unleashed. But with proper imperial design ethic.
    nah - maybe i will model it - its changing into something abit more unique
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member

Be my guest! :)
    Thanks for the great pics Crix and Road warrior.
    Those are good designs in their own right for sure,but I was thinking of something in the 20m size with a tandem cockpit like the Hind helo with seating for 36 stormtroopers and aft manned turret.Can enter atmosphere from space and armed to the teeth.
    Sort of a dropship/gunship that can be carried in the dozens from a imperial warship.Side doors or back ramp for easy deployment.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    So a space bus
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    What about like mine?
    dumv.jpg

Click to embiggin

It's based of that turd from the Force Unleashed. But with proper imperial design ethic.

Like what you've done there, that Force Unleashed one was based off of an unused Troop Transport toy design, I like how you've modified it to get more accents of a Lambda Shuttle style design in there. Of course this role is kind of already filled by the Sentinel Landing Craft if you're looking at a dropship style troop transport, though that is considerably heavier than a LAAT/i, and that is more of a spacecraft than aircraft, but if you're adding a space drop into atmosphere capability then this is what you'd more likely use.

I'd still like to see people's takes on an Imperial style LAAT/i, as much as I love the Clone Wars I really hated their attempt at doing this which appeared in the closing episodes of series 5 when they introduced a vehicle that just looked like a boxy LAAT/i with TIE Fighter style solar panels instead of wings, just did not work at all for me.
    a bit rough but something like this would be my concept of this ship - updated the image a little to make proportions better
    104469.jpg104470.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Like what you've done there, that Force Unleashed one was based off of an unused Troop Transport toy design, I like how you've modified it to get more accents of a Lambda Shuttle style design in there. Of course this role is kind of already filled by the Sentinel Landing Craft if you're looking at a dropship style troop transport, though that is considerably heavier than a LAAT/i, and that is more of a spacecraft than aircraft, but if you're adding a space drop into atmosphere capability then this is what you'd more likely use.

I'd still like to see people's takes on an Imperial style LAAT/i, as much as I love the Clone Wars I really hated their attempt at doing this which appeared in the closing episodes of series 5 when they introduced a vehicle that just looked like a boxy LAAT/i with TIE Fighter style solar panels instead of wings, just did not work at all for me.

Thank you.:) Yep, the prototype troop transporter had that long rakish front that was so much better that the rounded one the decided to use. But it was possibly deemed to "pointy" thus being unsafe for a childs toy. I'm glad you like it. That Force Unleashed vehicle sure had the proportions right for a helo-sized site-to-site transporter, but,..it didn't "feel" like something the empire would have fielded. Not done with it yet- still got a long ways to go.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    some interesting shuttle designs here, and many of them very well greebled. i must say that something based on the "earth race" powerboat shape could be quite a cool design for the empire, i first heard it described as "darth vader gave up space travel to take up boating".
    Nice first draft Stormcloud.
    Main guns look too much like an x-wing and the body should be wider and longer to accomodate a platoon seated for atmospheric re-entry.Cheek guns ball turret look a bit small.I think a design like the republic attack shuttle would look much better on this design,but otherwise she looks really great.
    Thanks for your efforts,really appreciated.