Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDerelict ships

1636465666769»

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1922 CaliforniaPosts: 2,079Member
    Nice job. I really think it adds something great to this model.
    rojren
  • rojrenrojren2421 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,994Member
    I felt like trying something "60s retro modern" or whatever it's called.

build0611-thumb.png
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserBrandenbergwibbleLizzy777srspicer
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann697 Posts: 1,339Member
    edited June 12 #2044
    Yeah! You know what I like about that? You could also wear it as a ring! Like, imagine it's a ship of micro-people and their ship is worn by a human (rather than the human being the ship like in Meet Dave or the regular Inside-Out/Numskulls situation. It also means the ship can get lost or stolen, giving more story opportunities.

I love the ring windows as well, they're making me imagine that there's like a big greenhouse inside, which is a fun change from the typical high tech interior. That can be in the sold parts, let the sunlight in and have gardens and waterways. While you might call the exterior 60s-ish, I could see vaporwave-y interiors for that. Lots of circles throughout, nice round corridors, spherical seats and pods (think like the inside of the Heart Of Gold from the 2005 Hitchhiker's Guide movie.

I can also imagine the ship, rather than having visible thrusters, creating a bubble around itself and moving via that. Think of the ship from Explorers.

Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    I don't think it would be a very comfortable ring, with the returns at 90 degrees to the hole.

I never mentioned, this is the "Cylchred". It's a 'First Ones' ship.

Added the beginnings of the living spaces

build0615-thumb.png build0615a-thumb.png
    wibbleevil_genius_180StarCruiserBrandenbergLizzy777
    Looks interesting. You have an unusually creative mind Roger.
    Thank you, Brandenberg. I'll have to take your word for it - it's the only mind I've ever had. :p

First pass on figuring out the living areas.

build0617b-thumb.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777wibbleStarCruiserBrandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804591 Posts: 11,182Member
    I really like the hull pattern and colors on this one. And, of course, the design is cool too.
    rojrenBrandenberg
  • wibblewibble1256 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 563Member
    edited June 18 #2049
    I really like the design language that you chose for the 'First Ones' ships. It has something of 'The Lord of the Rings' Elven designs. Did you put any thought in their backstory? Like what kind of people they have been? How they have looked like, and so on?
    Post edited by wibble on
    rojren
    I've tried a few different things with this, that I didn't like. I don't like this version either, but I dislike it less than the ones that came before.

build0622a-thumb.png

Back Story:

The Community

A race or group of races so ancient they no longer have records on their origins. They’re not even sure of their original form(s) . Different factions have gone through long ages of existence as non-corporeal simulated forms, synthilogical forms, communal data matrices, and other states which are not readily understood.

In recent millennia they have undergone either a gradual population increase or a consolidation possibly due to their settling into a series of transitional parabiologic forms. The preference of these forms may be the reason for the assumed increase in the number of sightings of their Community ships.

These Community ships tend to keep to themselves. The Archive Remnant at Kellec 6 describes an incident approximately 64 million years ago where four Community ships came together to protect the biospheres of three worlds from destruction by a series of coronal mass ejections from their primary. There are indications that they may have stabilized the star.

There are no existing records of any interactions since.
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergwibbleStarCruiserLizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804591 Posts: 11,182Member
    I like it, especially the materials on the inner ring. Cool back story too.
    Brandenberg
    Yeah, you've got to enlarge the picture to really appreciate it. Great detail.
    I like it a lot too but I also know how it is like to be ones own worst critic. :) The backstory is pretty cool, too. You seem to have build up your own universe here. Makes me wish you would tell stories about it. In whatever medium you prefer.
    I liked the inner ring too. Unfortunately, it's a result of the computer misinterpreting overlapping materials at that certain angle and distance that one time. Maybe I can... I'll think on it.

The backstory for the Universe most of my ships are in is one where sentient races are numerous, but separated by enormous amounts of time. There were many wide ranging empires, federations and polities that existed for thousands of centuries that grew, prospered, faded, died out or just left.

There were a few large interstellar wars, but most of them are between factions of the same species. Very few involved different races since most never met.

I'm a bit inclined to have the humanity of this universe never come face-to-face with any aliens; Just their works which are cataloged by the Derelict Survey.
    wibbleevil_genius_180
    I read about the backstory of your universe at the beginning of this thread and on CADWrangler.com. Sorry that you had to repeat it again. It's just a really cool idea and sounds like the backdrop for a space opera. That made me wish you would make more of it. But if it just serves as your justification to build more unique spaceships, then that's already pretty much.

Also the introduction of Scifi-meshes.com on your website gave me a smile. :)