Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDerelict ships

1636465666769»

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1904 CaliforniaPosts: 2,049Member
    Nice job. I really think it adds something great to this model.
    rojren
  • rojrenrojren2403 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,992Member
    I felt like trying something "60s retro modern" or whatever it's called.

build0611-thumb.png
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserBrandenbergwibbleLizzy777
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann677 Posts: 1,325Member
    edited June 12 #2044
    Yeah! You know what I like about that? You could also wear it as a ring! Like, imagine it's a ship of micro-people and their ship is worn by a human (rather than the human being the ship like in Meet Dave or the regular Inside-Out/Numskulls situation. It also means the ship can get lost or stolen, giving more story opportunities.

I love the ring windows as well, they're making me imagine that there's like a big greenhouse inside, which is a fun change from the typical high tech interior. That can be in the sold parts, let the sunlight in and have gardens and waterways. While you might call the exterior 60s-ish, I could see vaporwave-y interiors for that. Lots of circles throughout, nice round corridors, spherical seats and pods (think like the inside of the Heart Of Gold from the 2005 Hitchhiker's Guide movie.

I can also imagine the ship, rather than having visible thrusters, creating a bubble around itself and moving via that. Think of the ship from Explorers.

Post edited by BlueNeumann on
    I don't think it would be a very comfortable ring, with the returns at 90 degrees to the hole.

I never mentioned, this is the "Cylchred". It's a 'First Ones' ship.

Added the beginnings of the living spaces

build0615-thumb.png build0615a-thumb.png
    wibbleevil_genius_180StarCruiserBrandenbergLizzy777
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1904 CaliforniaPosts: 2,049Member
    Looks interesting. You have an unusually creative mind Roger.
    Thank you, Brandenberg. I'll have to take your word for it - it's the only mind I've ever had. :p

First pass on figuring out the living areas.

build0617b-thumb.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804481 Posts: 11,137Member
    I really like the hull pattern and colors on this one. And, of course, the design is cool too.