Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    New arboretum windows look good.
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    100 pages! Wow, MadKoiFish that's incredible dedication and effort!
    LoopholeLizzy777BolianAdmiral
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    edited August 2023 #2974
    Stuck the tngish int on the rooms quick uvw.

emissary-0790.jpg

100 pages heh, only cause it is a everything thread.

edit, tossed some random stuff in here for eye detail also cut up the back wall so it is just doors and panels from the textures.
    emissary-0791.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserwibblecaveat_imperatorevil_genius_180PreVizBolianAdmiralpubliusrRory1707Lizzy777scifieric
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Inside view. I dunno why there is such a tight dark AO like shadow in corners as I have started removing or not using the AO shader anymore unless it is for some special effect. Maybe it is a setting somewhere or just a artifact of the LUM lighting. Oh yeah matched the tans up and removed the generic white int material.

emissary-0793.jpg
    emissary-0792.jpg
    wibblePreVizevil_genius_180StarCruiserRory1707caveat_imperatorashleytingerBolianAdmiralLizzy777scifieric
    Very nice… I love the beige/tan color of the interior sets… works really well with the almost wood-like red of the corridor wall panels.
    scifieric
    Last room on the ship. Think Im at odds with is squared windows (pink) oir aligned to the pylon (teal) The more aligned ones flow with the hull curve more and create a more even gap with the surrounding panels. But it is often a no no as it means funny shaped windows inside the rooms. You can see this in the inset image.

emissary-0797.png

I am sorta partial to the tilted teal windows even if it makes for funny openings on the inside.
    StarshipStarCruiserRory1707evil_genius_180caveat_imperatorLizzy777BolianAdmiralscifieric
  • LoopholeLoophole98 Posts: 68Member
    You could try doing skewed windows, like a parallelogram shape. I guess it all depends what room the Starfleet Design Bureau wants to cram into that small space.
    scifieric
    Standing among giants
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited August 2023 #2979
    I like the tilted ones too, because of how they flow with the hull.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    BolianAdmiralscifieric
    Yeah, Im leaning on the uh leaning windows. I cannot use alt windows as I want to retain the styling set by the late TNG era.

emissary-0798.jpg
    render of the leaners.
    Rory1707evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibblecaveat_imperatorLizzy777publiusrBolianAdmiralashleytingerscifiericand 1 other.
    edited August 2023 #2981
    Feeding it peicemeal! lol Panel test mostly.
    emissary-0799.jpg
    evil_genius_180Rory1707caveat_imperatorLizzy777SCE2AuxStarCruiserwibbleBolianAdmiralPreVizscifieric
    Kinda of a early peek, I am going to deviate a bit on the panels and align the panel end to the upper angle of the deflector. DEF keep in mind the black strips will minimize as they are chamfered in.

emissary-0800.jpg
    evil_genius_180Rory1707StarCruiserwibblecaveat_imperatorLizzy777BolianAdmiralPreVizashleytingerscifieric
    I like it. Also, I really like the deflector.
    publiusrscifieric
    That looks great. Yeah, despite the interior awkwardness, I do think the aligned windows look better.
    scifieric
    edited August 2023 #2985
    It isnt too bad inside, serves to remind where you are in the ship I suppose. I dunno what this room would be maybe a room with a view lounge for those stuck in deflector control. I have only suggested a interior shape here EG no eased steps for each level but should do to give an idea that the room isn't normal.

emissary-0805.jpg

Then again dunno there is that aft room on the deflector area too so "shrug"? Maybe labs with a window.
    Rory1707BolianAdmiralLizzy777evil_genius_180StarCruiserscifieric
    edited August 2023 #2986
    Getting to an area I have been putting off. Any strange smoothing is due to beings being chopped up. Idea here is to create a platform for anything going in and to have a external area for other things. Issue is due to the hull shape the "opening" ius not equal so I cannot get lazy. A theme for this model. The black area is equal and centered on the doors.

emissary-0806.jpg

emissary-0807.jpg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralLizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorRory1707scifiericwibble
    Very nice!
    scifieric
    Some more details som of them are ideas atm and I might abandon.
    emissary-0808.jpg

emissary-0809.jpg
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruisercaveat_imperatorBolianAdmiralAtolmRory1707Lizzy777PreVizscifieric
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    The one oddity is the off-center shuttlebay. Maybe have a small maintenance door on both sides?
    scifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2024 Central OhioPosts: 1,250Member
    The one oddity is the off-center shuttlebay. Maybe have a small maintenance door on both sides?

I think it's off center on both sides?
    BolianAdmiralMadKoiFishscifieric
    Yeah, it’s off-center on both sides, so in that way, there’s symmetry. I was wondering how you would tackle the shuttlebay or ship name/number on that area… if both sides of the lip under the bay would have the ship name, or one side have the name, the other the number, or if the lips would have the bay numbers, like on the D, or if the tarmac area would have graphics like VOY, lol…

Looking great, though.
    scifieric
    I was planning to follow the canon of ship name alone on the rim. Markings are a plan but not right away as I need to cut in the doors and all the related junk. Idea was to have something a bit of a cross between VOY and the SOV (none of the white and red of the SOV but the overall outline idea) Plan is to divide each bay into a in and a out so 2 lanes with possible parking zones on the sides. But keeping the decal nightmare down a bit so it isnt too cluttered at a distance. Reason Im muting down some of the various colors out back for modeled detail instead. Was really tempted to stick to the blue hull pads but went with the polished black.

ANYHOO quickie of what it looks like now. I did pull off the rim of the outter hull to simplify renders not to mention being able ot reweld other hull bits back.

emissary-0810.jpg

One thing Im fenced on is not so canon use of Bay A and bay B or if I should stick to the known 1 and 2. Or if I should even denote that on the pad. The 1 I have atm needs correction as I think TNG followed TMP in using a not part of the font set style 1. Something I hate in trek is the 1s Always avoid 1s when ever possible.

Still not sure how to deal with the full gravity deck leading out the door. Plan was to have some decals out there to denote pop up consoles for pad control (think of when voy was changing out the warp coils.) I would expect this and a few other flat areas of the ship would be used as work or temp stowage of materials or assembly of larger components for repair or deployment. Granted if memory serves this is a more diplomatic ship I would expect some routine system related missions. I am thinking of shortening it and placing some elevator platforms out there instead.

Oh and a quick render of one of my ugly Danubes to show one can park on the pad with the doors closed if need be. I keep using these ugly things. I should just model a refit one or my own take on a larger minivan shuttle.

emissary-0811.jpg

oh also deck numbers etc are separate objects hence why they are on now vs other deck decals.
    BolianAdmiralPreVizStarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707Lizzy777scifiericcaveat_imperatorwibble
    Very nice. I like your plan of kind of a VOY/E in-between. I’d stick with the 1 and 2 personally, and not the A and B, but that’s me.
    scifieric
    I’d absolutely love to see your take on a larger minivan shuttle… 😎🖖🏼
    scifieric
    Super rough door layout. Each door panel is it's own unique part well each left and right panel as they are mirrored atm, so they have a inside and outside and can be "opened" but there wont be plans for a inside. I could do something more complex and well more post 2005 trek but I feel it would not follow the feel of this design. Idea is each panel would step inward by a few in then roll into the other door or behind it so when closed and under pressure each panel will push on the next one then pushing into the jamb. So interior pressure would keep the doors shut. Pretty much the same ideas I used on my TOS connie and any clam shell doors I do on ships. I personally prefer a single panel as the center vs one that has a central split. So in this case the center door would slide to the left or to thew outer side of the hull.

I still need to model the jamb into the pad and the resulting warning "tape"

emissary-0812.jpg

OK was not planning to mock up any interior bay but figure I aught to block something in for the sample of door bays open and to make sure rooms clear. Some of the external hull rooms actually could work as see/pass window through rooms if need be.

emissary-0813.jpg
    StarCruiserevil_genius_180BolianAdmiralRory1707Lizzy777scifiericcaveat_imperatorwibble
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I Dunno about the handrail?? Its space, just doesn't seem to fit the overall flow of your details, but it's your thing you got this
    Those tiny rim lights are sweet
    scifieric
    EBOLII wrote: »
    I Dunno about the handrail?? Its space, just doesn't seem to fit the overall flow of your details, but it's your thing you got this
    Those tiny rim lights are sweet

It's a detail rarely seen on Star Trek ships but an incredibly smart idea. If you needed to do a space walk for whatever reason, you might need a handrail to hold onto. Sure, Trek has magnetic boots, but those could fail or not be available for whatever reason. Say, for whatever reason, you had to evacuate a small craft outside of the ship and use a thruster pack to get over to where that airlock is located. If your suit doesn't have magnetic boots, that handrail would be very helpful to get yourself to the airlock.
    BolianAdmiralscifieric
    Nice… I like the doors and the idea for how they work. The handrail could be useful… maybe to be tethered to during an EVA walk or something. I’m fine with it.
    evil_genius_180scifieric
    That is the intent is a fall back device. Hand rails or just rails period are more important in space than anywhere else. Inertia still exists and a ship shifting without the fancy dampeners or grav plates will still "toss" you off. Well you will stay in place while the ship goes elsewhere. Then again there are those odd physics things like if you jump in a moving elevator your weight is not removed from the mass sort of screwery. (that is now a word) Anyhow plan is to minimize it to not be such a large feature as I wanted to add in some of the smaller lifts.

BTW anyone have a higher rez shot of this apparently this area is another one of those that no one really focuses on in photos. (this is a crop of the propstore image set) Which are some old photos published multiple times elsewhere.
    sov-butt.jpg
    evil_genius_180scifieric
    I reached out to John Eaves, to see if he has any decent photos of that detail he can share. Awaiting a reply.
    scifieric
    Shorter walkway with elevator bits closed markings and chamfered doors. I am considering going drk gray vs flat black on the inner floor do the elevator hatches blend in better (flat black the hatch doors vanish)
    emissary-0814.jpg

Second render to show planned door sills, as they do not show up all that well in the first render.
    emissary-0815.jpg

ugh finding online refs is a PITA these days always a pdf or some butchered copy of a copy of a copy or noting at all. . . so gotta upload one. . . . Worse is I had a online database but the host has turned from a easily linkable thing to a php nightmare mixed with spam and outside tracking grrrr. That and I lost log in for most of it too.

Anyhow kinda waste of effort to link as most prolly know the hatch I pinched off of.
    voyager_02.jpg
    BolianAdmiralPreVizashleytingerevil_genius_180scifiericRory1707StarCruiserLizzy777wibblecaveat_imperator