Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,326Member
    Roughing in the beams. I will probably not get too fancy as this is just meant for visual junk from outside.
    oh, pink thing is 2m or a bit over 8ft, clearly I have the girl scaled to 5'10" much taller than the model intention.
    jigoku-class-580.jpg
    evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserRory1707PreVizLizzy777
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    I think my doors are oversized. Probably should use something unique for these lounges than a typical sealed door.

jigoku-class-582.jpg

suffering the not enough polies thing in places either in accuracy in spinning objects or just segs everywhere but again meant to be seen from outside.
    evil_genius_180wibbleashleytingerStarCruiserRory1707PreVizcaveat_imperatorLizzy777
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    Interesting!
    Gotta admit that aside from the door style it looks more Lost Era since the stuff above is reminiscent of the warp core design for Phase 2.
    edited July 2023 #2885
    Yeah fooling around with this to make the half circle thing that is needed cause the ready room encroaches into this area. Kinda avoided looking at any refs but I might cave in and just cnp bits. Dunno yet. AO shader on the red things is just going batshit.

overnight render. . . . jigoku-class-583.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    StarCruiserashleytingerRory1707PreVizevil_genius_180Lizzy777srspicer
    Lots of false starts on the interior details, had the "hall" path divided off but that made no sense except sound division from the left wing and the right. But made no sense to the corridor between. So instead I have been using it to divide up areas in other ways. Now I have the fat lounge couches and chairs in here but I think I will be putting cafe like tables and chairs in here.

While I pinched the divider shapes from SNW I might be changing up the shapes and maybe ideas or I might just lazy off and leave it as is. I have also yanked out a lot of the interior lighting to create a more moody space.

jigoku-class-590.jpg
    jigoku-class-591.jpg
    jigoku-class-592.jpg
    evil_genius_180wibbleashleytingerRory1707Billynom8StarCruiserStarshipPreVizwolfmancaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
    edited July 2023 #2887
    Some more messing about with that thing int he roof. I think the lum is confusing the renderer. Maybe it would resolve more over ime but meh. I might give up on that as more than likely it will never be seen.

jigoku-class-593.jpg
    I should make these spin a bit and extend out across the ceiling more. I really need to think beyond "fixtures" with lighting leds have really altered what can be done in reality and I just have not adapted yet I guess.
    wibbleevil_genius_180StarCruiserPreVizLizzy777
    ext view and some more holes.

jigoku-class-594.jpg

jigoku-class-597.jpg
    PreVizashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleRory1707Billynom8Lizzy777
    More holes.

jigoku-class-598.jpg
    jigoku-class-599.jpg
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibblePreVizRory1707ashleytingerwolfmanLizzy777publiusr
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Wonderful attention to detail. At this rate, I feel like eventually you're going to make a model that's just a 'complete ship'; as in you can zoom into any part of the interior, and there will be a room there fully modelled =)
    Nah, I have started holding back on wasting time building things like shuttle bayts as I never use them outside of the WIP. I do however often build lumps inside to represent specific machine rooms or spaces so that I do not encroach too much on those systems with either windows/room or other systems.

Overview of the ship as I returned to "table mount" HDRI to get more drama in the external lighting. Finding the older hdri to be too much of a pain to do all the lum work.

jigoku-class-602.jpg
    Rory1707wolfmanPreVizwibbleevil_genius_180ashleytingerStarCruisercaveat_imperatorpubliusrSCE2Auxand 2 others.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    She's looking gorgeous. Those rooms add a great sense of realism, even from a distance.
    scifieric
    edited July 2023 #2893
    Last nights holes. Kinda regret not just lining the windows up to the upper trim area on the plates.

jigoku-class-606.jpg
    StarCruiserSCE2Auxtrekkievil_genius_180Rory1707Lizzy777ashleytingercaveat_imperatorpubliusr
  • SCE2AuxSCE2Aux1038 Posts: 202Member
    Incredible modelling quality, this is the gold standard.
    publiusr
    Thanks, I'm slow as hell though >_>

More holes some more white lines and detached some of the panels to uvw them differently. Also properly cleared the rooms, hasd a few objects crossing into them. The new way max does backfacing edges just makes it hell to see things or catch overlap. Hell some of the slowness in modeling is down to this BS med gray edges on the backface of objects as well the backdrop is GRAY so cant see shit and selected faces are not seen on the backface as well. Old max even with backface cull on you could still see the edges (wires) dunno why they changed this as it makes it a right pain in the ass to do anything and adds multiple steps and faffing about to get anything done or verify locations to anything.

jigoku-class-608.jpg
    jigoku-class-609.jpg
    evil_genius_180wibbleRory1707StarCruiserashleytingerLizzy777PreVizLeoBerlin
    More holes and interiors. Also going around unifying things and ripping out the AO shaders, I dunno what is going on with them but they are not working how they should. I dunno what has changed too as these were all built using this renderer so nothing should have altered for them to be gathering to heavily with the settings they are on. Given interiors are using lum I really do not need it on these parts either as they tend to get that darkening on it's own in corners.

I probably should have tightened up those side rooms flanking the bridge but eh cant see in so well so you can pretend they are tighter with closets between and toilets etc. Idea is these rooms are just above the bridge as it is sunken down into the hull. Not as noticeable is more detaching of panels to unique uvw them.

jigoku-class-611.jpg
    jigoku-class-612.jpg
    Rory1707StarCruiserashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777caveat_imperatorPreVizwibblesrspicer
    Some more holes before going to uh, bed. . . . . .

jigoku-class-614.jpg
    Rory1707StarCruiserashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusrPreViz
    There all the little window cutters on the upper hull gone. I might make a few more holes up here for the rim areas but I dunno.
    jigoku-class-616.jpg

jigoku-class-617.jpg
    I forget what joke the ship name came from but I probably should change it.

ashleytingerevil_genius_180wibbleRory1707StarCruiserPreVizLizzy777srspicer
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    I forget what joke the ship name came from but I probably should change it.

A quick Google search for Jigoku came up with the Buddhist hell and a 1960 Japanese horror film.
    edited July 2023 #2900
    It just means hell. Place with all the oni that abuse people. That might be the link I dunno. I think I originally modeled this and that odd stick shaped ship as post dominion/borg offensive ships. It is part of the reason early drawings and modeling had this loaded with more weapons. It still carries 6 torps and I think 4 pulse emitters. Thinking about those I might want to reconsider the placement of the fwd array being right next to the lat deflector comms array is a bit ehhhhh.

(oh my typos. . . . sheesh, still have that cold and now allergies so uh, I blame those!)
    jigoku-class-619.jpg
    PreVizevil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777Billynom8scifiericcaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    Yanked off 2 of the aft torps.
    various stages of ideas. . . .

jigoku-class-620.jpg

jigoku-class-621.jpg

jigoku-class-622.jpg
    evil_genius_180wibbleashleytingerPreVizStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777scifiericcaveat_imperatorsrspicer
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited July 2023 #2902
    I like the third.
    Post edited by Starship on
    scifieric
    Overnight render, I might want to simplify things a bit. Dunno got a render going for greeb pas for some of the flat face areas but it might just be a black pit as those areas are mostly very dark in this render.

jigoku-class-624.jpg
    ashleytingerStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777PreVizwibbleevil_genius_180scifiericcaveat_imperatorsrspicer
    Update image relating to comments above.

jigoku-class-625.jpg
    PreVizwibbleevil_genius_180rojrenashleytingerStarCruiserscifiericcaveat_imperatorRory1707Lizzy777
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    I really like those after torp launchers.
    scifiericpubliusr
    Thanks, taking some details from the lower saucer torp.

Another overnight and a half done render showing fine details. I added the light to try to highlight details but I might remove it as it serves no other purpose.
    jigoku-class-626.jpg
    jigoku-class-627.jpg
    caveat_imperatorashleytingerRory1707evil_genius_180Lizzy777PreVizwibblesrspicer
    Placing transporter emitters. Using the ones off the Onimaru as they are scaled to the ent D or E. Issue is I do not have very many FLAT areas for them to sit on without resorting to reworking them and using shrinkwrap to conform. That and I was never sold on warping details like this to fit, that whole bespoke parts thing.

Also a issue I forgot about table mountain for HDRI, one has to keep moving the map around to light up areas. . . . . Lower secondary hull does sorta bother me scale wise but Just not willing to rebuild. Ship probably should be about 30-50m longer. Also need to start thinking about lower hull details, if I want to add any of the dark plates or wrap the med blue plating down here. Not ot mention windows/holes.
    jigoku-class-628.jpg
    kinda suprised at how close my doodles emitters matched in scale to the premade units.
    jigoku-class-629.jpg
    I should look into optimizations or just lowering render quality to get these fat renders under control for WIP. ATM I am mostly using the denoiser to eliminate heavy grain and sparkles. If anything it adds fake details to some surfaces vs acually bluring anything out.l
    Rory1707evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777PreVizwibbleashleytingerpubliusrrojrensrspicerand 1 other.
    edited July 2023 #2908
    Some sloppy overpaint ideas. dark panels are way too busy so will be simplified.

jigoku-class-630a.jpg

I kinda wanna start something new and maybe influenced by SNW for the calendar but it is a bit late for that and I do not anticipate getting the call this yr. So maybe I'll start something new but will have to get back to the other project too. Speaking of SOTL pre-orders should be out got my comps last week. I do not make any $$ on it but it is one of the few things that remains from the old days that I hope continues.
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerRory1707StarCruiserLizzy777wibblesrspicercaveat_imperator
    A simpler pattern and more ideas. I will likely move the transporter emitters to not break up the dart so much too many small bits all over. So just like the belly it has to get cleaned up.

jigoku-class-630b.jpg
    Rory1707evil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777wibblePreVizsrspicer
    Panels BLEARGH. lol. I am atm matching to the painting but will fettle them some more over time to balance things out more. Also kinda wish I re-gridded all the edges and chanced some slight distortion in the hull to avoid all the curvy edge funk.

jigoku-class-631.jpg

jigoku-class-632.png
    Lizzy777lennier1evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleRory1707PreVizBillynom8
    jigoku-class-634.jpg
    belly pan
    lennier1evil_genius_180StarCruiserwibbleRory1707PreVizcaveat_imperator