Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9830 Posts: 5,332Member
    edited July 2023 #2912
    way to much time wasted on free handing the dumb pennant. Shoulda just loaded up the old template and traced it lol.

jigoku-class-636.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    ashleytingerwibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707Lizzy777
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Your line work is always great. I especially like the lines that go along the pendant and then down to where the escape pods are.
    scifieric
    another over nite closer up. Core ejection port needs some work didnt get the scale of the insets right so it looks meh.

jigoku-class-637.jpg
    ashleytingerpubliusrStarCruiserevil_genius_180Rory1707PreVizwibbleBillynom8scifiericLizzy777and 1 other.
    Belly stuff and panels and a lot of repositioning things as somewhere along the line they got bumped from a corrupt save or I nudged it but I suspect the prior as it was a odd selection of bits that were shifted. It was most obvious around the lifeboats as the recess they sit in had this odd "drop shadow" like effect around them.

jigoku-class-639.jpg
    jigoku-class-641.jpg

oh yeah redid the core ejection panel.
    ashleytingerSCE2Auxevil_genius_180wibbleRory1707PreVizscifiericStarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperator
    edited July 2023 #2916
    Started messing about with the sub panels and not so sure. Matching stuff to SOV refs and it just doesn't look as good as the doodle does. What is interesting is the outer dark lines are the same width as the inner light ones. So in the end I might mess with the SOV ratios on these panels and increase the widths. Idea is these panels are to NOT match the dark blue ones on the saucer top rim. Those PITA things will be replicated I think on the saucer underside IF I reproduce them on the underside. (still undecided on this) And yes I am sort of breaking from the SOV pattern to begin with having the hull grids as these patterns did not have such details around them. And yes add in the black lines will be much thinner by the time I inset and bevel them in. 2" to something like .5" Roughly from 5cm to 1-2 cm.

jigoku-class-642.jpg

oh yeah got my comps last week or was it 2 weeks ago, this cold really has me still a bit loopy and memory is really bad. Anyhow got the comps and that means pre-order on amazon is up. Only complaint is they went that anti plastic route on something as silly as shrink wrap. So the thing has a flap and sticker and no protection from scuffs and moisture. SO keep that in mind. Oddly this time print looks much better than digital. ( jokingly other print work I have done in the past did this too.) Physical art always darkens digital always lightens saturation and shifts in the blues.

sotl-2024-web.jpg

I will do the proper shilling with crops later on. For now a raw resize and quick format.
    PreVizevil_genius_180wibblescifiericRory1707StarCruiserashleytingertrekkiLizzy777caveat_imperator
    That's a great image. The Onimaru is one of my favorite ships that you've done. Each version is better than the last. I also like your version of the Saber class. The background is nice and the lighting and setup are top notch.

The anti plastic thing is stupid. I mean, I get it. Plastic recycling is a failure, it always has been. Not only is it not lucrative, but the plants that process the plastic do as much damage, or more, to the environment as the plastic itself does. Besides, I'd be willing to bet you that the same people who decided to not shrink wrap the calendar guzzle water out of plastic bottles.
    scifiericpubliusr
    edited July 2023 #2918
    oh yeah I could go on and on, well I did and deleted it all hahah. What irks me the most is the shifting from a fad surface evil for another evil that in the end is a far worse choice as it is just a stunt to cover up the real issues. Or things done to appear PC.

oh guess I coulda added the long render to the post. . . . anyhow another test of a different mat on that panel. Inspecting the render Im thinking I might need to gap the panels away from the dark ones on the ships belly. They just appear too close. BLEAH lol. Maybe I should extrude the panel lines before making a derision as they are not linked to the rest of the grids on the ship.

jigoku-class-643.jpg

oh yeah things that look like mesh issues is the ao shader, really need to find a alt or just get rid of it.

StarCruiserStarshipRory1707PreVizLizzy777wibblepubliusrSCE2Auxcaveat_imperatorscifieric
    Test of the grids. It does not help in the decision of moving those edges further from the dark panels.

jigoku-class-644.jpg
    StarshipRory1707PreVizLizzy777wibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180SCE2AuxLeoBerlincaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
    Heh better and less segmenty but I forgot to do the other panel near the lifeboats. . . . .

jigoku-class-645.jpg
    StarshipRory1707PreVizLizzy777wibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180srspicerscifieric
    Window cutters, now time to get back to the paneling pattern.

jigoku-class-648.jpg
    PreVizLizzy777Rory1707wibbleStarCruiserevil_genius_180scifieric
    Think this is where it will sit. Debate is to texture the random blocks or to model them in. Latter Id have specific control prior Id have to fuss with uvw to avoid windows (even though the SOV windows just went all over all of these details)

jigoku-class-649.jpg
    Rory1707evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777scifieric
  • GidiotGidiot30 Posts: 9Member
    love seeing the progress!
    scifieric
    resulting patterns least the first outline stange. Need to move the windows about as the insets are greater than I had originally planned.

jigoku-class-650.jpg
    Rory1707evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777scifieric
    Extruded grids and repositioned window cutters. Also screwed around with the stripes.

jigoku-class-651.jpg
    evil_genius_180Rory1707wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric
    I like the way the white stripes go around the lower set of windows.
    scifieric
    edited July 2023 #2927
    Aft tractor bean emitter, not fully sure I will go with it. This would be a towing emitter vs say a manipulation one seen on the ships front under the deflector. Least this is how I imagine the things work.

jigoku-class-653.jpg
    full render from before

jigoku-class-652.jpg
    SCE2Auxwibbleashleytingerrojrenevil_genius_180StarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777srspicerLeoBerlinand 1 other.
    4 or 5 versions later. . . . It isnt fully set up as I need to butcher up the hull it is sitting in. Kinda wanted to do a cyan glow behind frosted glass but I already have so much of that eating render times and this was such a small object on the ship it probably would not be worth the effort. It would diminish the blue reflection and spill on the hull from the cyan lum material. Also reality of that marker light there is I should have deleted it as none of the canon ships have one there and all rely on one on the furthest aft location of the ship's centerline. SO it might go for some related detail.

jigoku-class-654.jpg

jigoku-class-655.jpg
    PreVizlennier1evil_genius_180StarCruiserashleytingerRory1707Lizzy777wibblepubliusrcaveat_imperatorand 1 other.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    All your little details Looks great! Did you ever return to/finish up the battleship? Just Askin.....
    scifieric
    Which ones the Airships or the Yamato? Latter I planned to at one time but things keep cropping up to distract. Also have to see what or how much of a nightmare that file will be as I think it dates back to max 2010.
    scifieric
    Early start at integrating the thing into the main hull.

jigoku-class-656.jpg

jigoku-class-657.jpg
    Rory1707wibbleevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777PreVizsrspicercaveat_imperatorscifieric
    More holes but no rooms.
    jigoku-class-658.jpg
    and bah, gotta redo them as that one is too high hoped it wouldnt be so obvious as I was wanting to avoid that window being so close to an edge running under it.
    evil_genius_180StarCruiserashleytingerLizzy777PreVizwibbleRory1707scifieric
    Window fixed.
    jigoku-class-660.jpg

dunno how much I will get done a few of my fingers are really hurting today. Good ol arthritis kicking in I suppose.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777PreVizwibbleStarCruiserRory1707caveat_imperatorscifieric
    Interiors installed. Last image is a half render of the AO on the hull turned on and off top part of the image is off bottom on. Easiest to spot a change in in the crease between the saucer and the secondary hull. As much as I like all the dirt efx it adds and the whole crease darkening there are a lot of other issues that crop up now like the error in the saucer rim and in the lip of the deflector surround and parts and areas with a slightly too low polycount for it so itll line the physical edges in a mesh.

jigoku-class-661.jpg
    jigoku-class-662.jpg
    jigoku-class-663.jpg
    wibbleevil_genius_180LoopholeStarCruiserRory1707Lizzy777srspicercaveat_imperatorscifieric
    A for the heck of it render also a full render to test adjusted ao shaders and mats where I turned it off.
    jigoku-class-665.jpg
    Rory1707StarCruisersrspicerLizzy777evil_genius_180wibblepubliusrscifieric
    Just a few more to go and I can move elsewhere or start sub detailing. Though there are some elements that need modeling in and areas I want to redo like the belly boxes too repetitive and meh. Oh I also need to rescue the ultra warm lum file and apply it to some of the room lights. ATM most rooms all have the same floors and walls so there is not much reflected light to vary room light and reflection.
    jigoku-class-667.jpg
    jigoku-class-668.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180wibbleRory1707StarCruiserscifieric
    edited July 2023 #2937
    Last of the planned holes in with interiors.

jigoku-class-669.jpg

EDIT:
    change in some materials and chanfered off some ao errors on the area near the deflector. Well, they are there now but fainter and more of them vs 2 or 3 large lines of grime.
    jigoku-class-671.jpg
    evil_genius_180wibbleRory1707ashleytingerStarCruiserrojrenLizzy777PreVizcaveat_imperatorscifieric
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Just the defector dish alone is a thing of beauty.
    That front 3/4 shot divine.
    scifieric
    wave guide things on either side of the deflector and some panel details.

jigoku-class-674.jpg
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerRory1707StarCruiserwibblePreVizLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Looks great Dan!!!
    scifieric
    I said I wasnt going to but , uh., Shuttle bay and cargo storage. I am not modeling all the small details mostly just so I can make sure lower doors in the warp cutout will align up and make some sort of sense. The hole down the middle will be a DS9 like lift that will roll through multiple decks. Intent there will not be shuttles in the first floor workbees or other smaller repair ships and ROVs will go here and machine storage. Possibly some large machine rooms for building larger components. If need be 12 shuttles can fit with a max 15 or 16 if stuffed in like cargo. I doubt there would be anything more than 3 at any one time. Maybe 3 of the type pictured and a few randoms. The entrance bay has the main doors and 2 inner doors One of which need to be a roll up type.

jigoku-class-678.jpg

Thinking I should explain operations of the lift. It in itself definitely need trek era materials but idea is the platform will raise up to the second deck and act as a floor surface then a shuttle is set to leave from the lower floor the deck will depress to the first floor then open as sliding jaws into the floor surface then the outer doors would open (likely a roll up garage like deal) then the now hovering shuttle can drop out of the lower opening like the shuttles did on the NX-01. I would like the think the door/floor as a modular device so that the upper floor could close up and move flush while the one supporting the departing shuttle is a deck below. Part of the reason the floors are so thick so there can be 2 sets of doors/floors on the deck at any one time. Kinda odd one has to think of such things to make a fictional spaceship but here we are. . . . . lol.

And yes it is a bit boring as it mimics a lot of my past bay layouts, the large room will have the typical cargo containers slotted in and lots of SOV style over leaved doors (sort of pictured in the render to show I am accounting for space in the hull for it all) Only thing I am unhappy about is the lower bay would be open to space with just a layer of shields to protect the interior. I did consider say a temp folding wall that could be lowered to protect things in that deck but then we see people manning stations with just a shield only in bays all the time so EHHHH dunno.

All of this so I can align holes up in the ships butt. . . . . . . . . . suppose this is where the smaller the ship the more annoying they ca be as you cant just fudge it.

OHHH BOY lots of words for ONE pic! lol took forever to get to 30% so I just noped out and saved it early.
    evil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserRory1707PreVizLizzy777caveat_imperatorscifieric