Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

What are you working on?

GuerrillaGuerrilla404 HelsinkiPosts: 2,392Administrator
edited March 1 in Work in Progress #1
h5df1secir4y.png

Welcome to What are you working on!

This thread is meant to provide a quick snapshot of what the good folks at SFM are currently working on. If you're currently working on something, feel free to post a shot in this thread. If you have a proper thread going on for your project, include a link to it as well.

This is a special thread, so it has a couple of special rules:

1. Post work
This thread is mainly for showing off your current project. If you want to comment, see if the author linked a thread.

2. Posts should contain at least one image (or video/sketchfab/whatever)
Since this is a thread for artwork, posts should ideally contain some actual work.

However,
3. Don't post too many images (or videos)
A couple of images per post is enough, and not all minor changes require an update. Focus on significant updates, and think of it as project highlights.

4. If it's huge, consider hosting it yourself
In case of truly massive images, please be mindful of the server load, and host them yourself. Videos should be uploaded to one of the many streaming platforms (youtube and vimeo embed directly). Also be mindful of page loading times. If your work is truly massive, post a smaller version and link to the big one.

5. Mind the text-to-image ratio
You can certainly explain what you're working on, but it shouldn't take longer than a paragraph. If you've come up with a cool backstory, technical specifications and such, post them in the actual project thread, and link to it.
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy new Discord Server!

• Howard DayHoward Day260 Posts: 356Member
    Hey, Awesome new forum! I'll start things off in this thread. I'm working on a Set of short Star Wars animations/films. I'm sorta working my way through the workload right now, but thanks to some lovely help from quite a few friends (not the least of which fractalsponge!) I've made some good progress. My current task is finishing up this Corellian Gunship:
    gfurf1jpsjyv.png
    pbxlmjgaz4w5.png
    039x024ap7bu.png
    Here's the latest 4K turnaround: (another one is rendering right now with some model updates)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVZe8iNTZ9bdyJL1uOh4j9SSmmwmIjuv/view?usp=sharing

And here's the latest WIP 4K render (it varies in quality, apologies, it's a bit of a patchwork render) of the animation itself - two B-Wings returning from combat to land on a Mon Calamari cruiser.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jx-_oha9CygGD0mCEHDbEUY9Q644oWD1/view?usp=sharing
    Anyhow, I look forward to posting round these parts again.
    Enjoy!
    Guerrilla
    • Like - Guerrilla on February 15, 2019.
    Nathan Rubric
    • Like - Nathan Rubric on February 15, 2019.
    scifieric
    • Like - scifieric on February 16, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on February 17, 2019.
    liam887
    • Like - liam887 on February 26, 2019.
    Viper
    • Like - Viper on February 26, 2019.
    Samurai
    • Like - Samurai on March 7, 2019.
  • TallguyTallguy182 Posts: 381Member
    Howard, that's lovely. That kind of ship used to show up in the original Marvel Star Wars comics all the time.
    scifieric
    • Like - scifieric on February 16, 2019.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • liam887liam887210 ViperPosts: 547Member
    Awesome Howard, glad to see you back! It was your work and others all those years ago that inspired me to get into 3D in the first place.

Are you still working on the wings of Saint Nazaire game?
  • ComcoComco276 Posts: 1,228Administrator
    @Howard Day - Looks great! Looking forward to seeing some updates! How are you going about the fighter animation at the moment? Is it animated using spline paths? Or some other technique?
  • scifiericscifieric211 Posts: 847Member
    This is BEAUTIFUL work!
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla404 HelsinkiPosts: 2,392Administrator
    edited March 31 #7
    Messing around with more logos for a change, instead of doing anything actually productive
    pglgoi3hh3ac.png
    ahai06mu2h2l.png
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
    Viper
    • Like - Viper on April 7, 2019.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy new Discord Server!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann208 Posts: 995Member
    I love logos! I did this kind of thing ages ago (pen on paper, of course) way back oin the day while I tried to create the logo for Xenoprobe. So this is right up my alley.

I'm still doing Iron Star work, what else, but I saw this hubcap that would be the perfect design for the flag of the Framework, the overseeing body of that universe.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg124 Posts: 574Member
    Truly Amazing Work. Congratulations to you.