Hello folks. I haven't posted here in a while, but now that we have a new home, I decided to come back. For the good folks that are on our Discord channel, you'll have seen me posting my progress on this project that I started about a year and a half ago, thought I have been on and off about it. Last I had worked on this was back in October. When I got back to it a couple of weeks ago, I decided to start over as the model just had a few nagging issues, and wasn't very accurate in places. I found some really nice blueprints, that are way better than what I was using before and those have helped me getting to basically the same point I was before in a much shorter time span.
About the project itself, the goal is to build a high resolution model of the Enterprise that can hold up in close range. No budget on polygons so I'm going a bit crazy in a few places
While I'm trying to be as accurate as possible, a few minor details might get reworked to either improve the resolution, or to make the internals of the ship work, which brings me to my secondary goal. After I am done with the exterior, some interiors will be made as well. I don't think I'll do full interiors, but anything that has a window or can be seen from the outside in some other way (IE: Shuttle Bay) will be made. That will probably be low polygons as the objective is to give the windows depth. Anyway, enough text. I'll post renders of the model in the next post.