Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG ship and fighter designs.

• SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
    Choo1701 wrote: »
    *has a look at Wolf's Shipyard*

ah! i see what you mean :shiner: :p ;) .... .....

This is the one i'm on about. Very cool design in my books.

yeah i do like that, but i have a few hmmm's about it if you know what i mean.

the bow section looks too (fat)

and were are the landing bays/flight pods.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    ask and ye shall recieve: Wolf's Shipyard
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    great Xraider post all you wnat
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Actually, the Galactica is quite well armored. As noted before, it has stood up to nuclear warheads and a continuous barrage by four basestars. The ribs are not some sort of structural mounting point for armor plates, but rather are designed to limit blast damage when the ship takes a hit. It's actually much more effective than regular, flat armor plates.

There is ADDITIONAL armor plates over certain areas of the ship to provide a level of extra protection.
    That would be crappy because nukes in nBSG are used on contact, if it's touching your hull and it explodes and that particular patch of hull within its explosive radius isn't vaporised, then your sitting so pretty you don't need fancy ribbing for her pleasure. Those ribs actually mean the ship picks up more energy from contact nukes because, at worst, 45% of that energy will hit the hull, the remaining 55% travels past or even away from the hull. But with ribs, you could pick up 75% of the energy, in the worst case, and if those ribs vaporise then they act to help the explosion because they're exploding now. If they don't explode, much less but still more energy than would have otherwise hit the hull hits the hull. If the nuke hits the top of a rib, you still get the same trouble, just to a lesser extent, you get some downward deflection of the explosion and concentration onto a smaller spot. The problem is that the ribs create troughs, so they're catching in only one axis and they make up a very small percentage of hull space when looking right down on them, so the chance of hitting the top of one of the ribs is far less likely than hitting the hull.
    nukeylh2.gif
    I Agree Major I Have No Problem With Ribbiing.

The Argument Seems To Be Why Only Partially Armored Covering, And Theories On Why Only Partially Armored That From Shielding Being Removed Because Of Decommissioning (still Dont Understand That One) To The People Doing Design Really Didn't Understand The Purpose To Designers Running Out Of Money And Time (why Aren't Weapons Armored
    bsg recon wrote: »
    I Agree Major I Have No Problem With Ribbiing.

The Argument Seems To Be Why Only Partially Armored Covering, And Theories On Why Only Partially Armored That From Shielding Being Removed Because Of Decommissioning (still Dont Understand That One) To The People Doing Design Really Didn't Understand The Purpose To Designers Running Out Of Money And Time (why Aren't Weapons Armored
    Like under the weapons? The weapon turrets themselves are probably armored, the same way a turret on a WWII ship would be. I think the "removed most of the armor" hypotheses makes sense because the ship had already been to a dock to be fitted as a working museum, note the sealed starboard landing pod. At a guess, I think they removed whatever armor that was needed for, perhaps, later versions of the same class, assuming that the armor is relatively easily removed and attached. Wouldn't the armor of an M1A2 be removed and replaced with normal steel if it were being put on display?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    and were are the landing bays/flight pods.

Happened to take a look in here and noticed this, so i figured i would answer that question of yours. The warstar doesn't have landing pods because she is not meant to carry vipers, so there is no need for the pod. As for what they do about Raptors, there is supposed to be a launch area for them where they would just touch down and be lowered...but i didn't put it on there. Really though the warstar isn't going to be launching a lot of craft, relying on support vessels for any recon jobs.
    No Armor From Ships And Vehicles Is Scrapped The Entire Ship Or Vehicles Is Sold To A Professional Scrapping Yard. It Would Not Be Easy To Remove Armor As In The Case With Battlestars Could Still Be Radioactive. When Navy Scrapped Last Of Pre Ww Ii Battleships They Saved Armor For Scientisit As Was Las Armor Made Before Nuclear Weapons Were Used. Unfortunately Today Most Of The World War Ii Battleships Are Still Museums Ships. Armor Made Before N Bombs Is Worth Fortune. Only Once Did British Remove Armor That That Was Because Of Shortage Of Armor Plate So They Scrapped Chilean Battle Ship And Reused Armor Plate On British Battle Ship Of Same Class
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Actually, the armor from the Almirante Cochrane (undergoing conversion to the carrier HMS Eagle) was used to uparmor the battlecruiser HMS Repulse. Her sister-ship, Renown, recieved brand-new belt armor.
    There you go. And if the armor were made modular like a tank, it would be even easier. If it were radioactive, would it be that big a deal if the ship is able to fly around with it on anyway, what's the danger in putting it on another ship, right? That also assumes it was ever struck by a nuke before the change to a museum.

This talk makes me want to make a BSG ship.:)
  • GregGreg0 Posts: 0Member
    wolfcannon wrote: »
    Cheetahallviews-1.jpg

here is my Cheetah Class Light Cruiser

You know what would have been nice? Being given due credit for being the original artist of that top view you used there, which is nothing more than a cut n' paste of the top view I did of the Galactica. Hell, it'd have been even nicer if you'd asked my permission to modify my drawing in the first place, although not being given credit irks me more.

Attached is my top view of the Galactica, which was originally posted here some time ago.
    I am sorry if you were not given credit but It is impossible to due so if you don't know who the original artist is. Unfortunately if it is posted on the internet then many of the art works will be modified. Unfortunately. so many different versions will exist it is impossible to determine who was the original author. I give credit to all artists who I can find. just check the thread. if the author is known he gets credit. Also I am not any kind of artist and take no credit for any art work.

I have seen many versions of the galactica going back to 2004 and have a hard time differing between some of the versions. I would tell you to put your name on the drawing with a date. However, posting it is almost like a license to modify the drawing. I am posting a version of the Galactica that I have had for many months. Again I am sorry that you feel that someone used your drawing. But since it was posted here without your name and date someone will probably use it again. It is a very good drawing Greg as you can see from the post (made during 2005, there are many versions which are all very good and hard to tell apart. I don't modify the drawings and where he got original version I really don't know. If you Post here I wlll make sure you get credit.

[NewGalactica.png
  • wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
    greg i am sorry if i offended you. actually i did not know you were the artist.
    Here is Goliath with some modification to the bow section and what not.

oh and here is a size comparison you wanted with Battlestar Zeus bsg recon.

Zeus was created by member - The Kevin Show and as far as i know she isnt quite completed, Goliath is yet to be completed aswell.

goliathzeusys3.jpg
    Greg wrote: »
    You know what would have been nice? Being given due credit for being the original artist of that top view you used there, which is nothing more than a cut n' paste of the top view I did of the Galactica. Hell, it'd have been even nicer if you'd asked my permission to modify my drawing in the first place, although not being given credit irks me more.

Attached is my top view of the Galactica, which was originally posted here some time ago.

any chance on you having a side view of her Greg?
    or a top view with pods retracted?
    im only gonna post as images are requested, because i have over 2841 images scoured from all over the net, alot from this site. besides, the moderators prolly would not appreciate all the image uploading id have to do, lol.
    i would apreciate it if you posted images of all the warstars you have.
    pretty sure i dont have any 3d ones, but i will look, in the meantime, here are the ones i have from wolfs shipyards:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ace1701e/BattlestarPhalanx.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ace1701e/BattlestarExcalibur.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ace1701e/ZeusClassWarstar.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ace1701e/WarstarHelios.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/ace1701e/WarstarCanisWolff.jpg

more to come later, my machine demands a check-up, lol.

please note that this is not a complete archive, as im always finding new ships, so as i find them, they will be added to existing requests as time permits.
    cheers dude.
    4 BAYS and more Gigantic WARSTAR'S. I AM STILL MISSING 3 WARSTARS BUT I WILL POST THOSE LATER WITH THE TRIBAYS (3 BAY BATTLESTARS)

by AXG423

warstar_i01.jpg

warstar_i02.jpg

by FARQUARD GRAPHICS
    ]

WARGODDESS.jpg

BSRINDIANcopy.jpg

Bill Simpsons mammoth 8 BAY Warstar Helios

warstarnew-1.png

CANIS WARSTAR ANDRASTE

Andraste.png
    i would do something similar to Goliath but it wouldnt look right. so i made the pods twice as wide compared to normal flight pods.so they can land and launch double the number of craft compared to a battlestar.
    Xraider

Please Feel Free To Post All You Want But Maybe Limit Them To 10 At A Time. I Also Have Several Thousand Pics, Doubtless Some Of The Same Ones You Have But, Also Have Some Not Posted Anywhere By 3d Artists Some Were Sent To Me Not Posted Have Asked Artists If Okay To Post (see Upcoming Post On Tribays), PLEASE NOTICE MY ICON DONE BY AXG423.

John
    Mr_ Killface

goliath is beautiful only problem I have with her is GOLATH is misspelled on her drawing. Wait til you see my next post on Tribays expect to have original artwork included. Have now found the rest of 4 bays or more Warstars and have to up load them Goliath is AWESOME would like to see her stats and picture of her and Zeus together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    ouch. kitbashes ouch, ouch, OUCH!!! :shiner: :eek:

What have you all done to the good, original designs??? :fishslap: :rolleyes:
    THE promised 3 WARSTARS including the 5 bay BATTLE NOVA

CARLSON

warstar_carlson.jpg

FARQUARD'S GRAPHIICS

BattleNova.jpg

JAMES STEVENSON'S HELIOS

warstar_helios.jpg
    i like the last picture but what is that thing stuck on the top of her?

haha i never realised i miss spelt Goliath haha i must double check next time.

yeah well ill get those specs and that pic asap.
  • wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
    GoliathClassBattlecruiser-3.jpg

here is what i think the goliath should look like.
    Disclaimer: i am not the original artist for this ship. his name is on the original post of this ship design
    Mr_Killface

that top thing was added back in the days of DS9 and voyager. Jim thought it made ship look different and unique, since this drawing was done in 1999 when any thought of a new BSG SERIES was unknown jim made ship for use in a Star Trek crossover RPG game. Originally help photon torpedoes and other Star Trek stuff.
    wolf

I see the Goliath a a fleet Command Ship and possibly as test ship for new technologies for the post Mercury/Pegasus generation of ships.
    Length - 2400m (pod length 1000m)
    Width - 840m
    Height - 600m

Crew compliment - 4600

Fighter squadrons - 600 mk7 vipers
    Other craft - 50 raptors, 30 raptor gunships and 20 experimental multi role craft. (Unknown classification)

Armament - 80 multi role turrets, 36 heavy anti capital turrets. 4 missile batteries, 8 fixed forward cannons (as seen on Pegasus) and 12 nuclear missile tubes. With a compliment of 24 warheads.

10 drive engines, 2 FTL drives and manuvering thrusters placed around the ship.

Other features - Hydroponics bay for growing various foods, Production Workshops for building new vipers and raptors on extended missions, Flight simulators, Research Labs (again for extended missions) and the first ship in the fleet to carry a new non networked computer system.

Biography - Goliath was Completed 2 years before the cylon attack on the colonies, she was the first of the Orion class Warstars named after the last surviving Warstar from the first cylon war. Picon fleet headquarters debated the need for such large ships which were old and in need of overhaul, eventually the old Warstar's were later replaced by the Mercury Class battlestar.
    After the failed recon mission beyond armistance line 8 years before the cylon attack colonial fleet secretly decided that a new class of warstar was to be desgined and constructed incase of a major cylon attack on the colonies.
    The new warstar will feature the latest in fleet technologies including a new anti capital guns that are the same calibre as the forward forward fixed guns on Pegasus. a new anti fighter flack shell that can be fired from the her multi purpose guns which are the same as the guns on Galactica and Pegasus.
    Warstar designs in the past had more than 2 flight pods, but designers noticed that it was unessesary to give Goliath more bulk than she needed so they came up with a double sized flight pod that had the large fighter capacity but keep the ships profile lower and more Battlestar like giving her the advantage of being more manoverable and faster than older generation Warstars.
    Goliath was commissioned on the 11th of October 2 years before the attack; she was immediately put on trials to prove her combat effectiveness. During trials she had problems with her loading mechanisms for the main guns which had never been used on a ship with such a vast number of guns, it was prone to jamming. As soon as she came back from trials these improvements were made and she was re-evaluated and performed way beyond expectations.

During the cylon attack Goliath lead several other ships including, battlestars Tarus, Pacifica and Kobol and a dozen or so other support ships heading for Caprica were surrounded by 12 baseships and 1 very big unknown class of ship over the Colony Libran. Battlestar Kobol was the first to be destroyed when she suddenly lost power and all systems shorted out according to wireless communications between ships. The other battlestars and support ships perished shortly after with only 4 basestars destroyed. Goliath's Commander (Dante) ordered for a frontal charge and the firing of her forward guns on the unknown ship, she managed to do considerable damage to it before the remaining baseships shielded the ship and caught the full brunt of her forward batteries in a last ditch attempt to even the playing field. she took out 4 more base stars. After a 40 minute stand off with the remaining base stars and the unknown ship she was evnetually destroyed with all hands lost. her remaining viper pilots watched in horror as Goliath blew in half then her main reactor blew destroying the aft section and hurling the forward section towards a basestar detroying it.
    Shortly after the destruction of Goliath the Unknown ship jumped away never to be seen again.

here is Goliath and Zeus side by side.

goliathzeusys3.th.jpg