Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG ship and fighter designs.

• bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    NO haven't heard about Goliath story. is there a link?:cool:
  • SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
    here it is along with the stats you requested

Length - 2400m (pod length 1000m)
    Width - 840m
    Height - 600m

Crew compliment - 4600

Fighter squadrons - 600 mk7 vipers
    Other craft - 50 raptors, 30 raptor gunships and 20 experimental multi role craft. (Unknown classification)

Armament - 80 multi role turrets, 36 heavy anti capital turrets. 4 missile batteries, 8 fixed forward cannons (as seen on Pegasus) and 12 nuclear missile tubes. With a compliment of 24 warheads.

10 drive engines, 2 FTL drives and manuvering thrusters placed around the ship.

Other features - Hydroponics bay for growing various foods, Production Workshops for building new vipers and raptors on extended missions, Flight simulators, Research Labs (again for extended missions) and the first ship in the fleet to carry a new non networked computer system.

Biography - Goliath was Completed 2 years before the cylon attack on the colonies, she was the first of the Orion class Warstars named after the last surviving Warstar from the first cylon war. Picon fleet headquarters debated the need for such large ships which were old and in need of overhaul, eventually the old Warstar's were later replaced by the Mercury Class battlestar.
    After the failed recon mission beyond armistance line 8 years before the cylon attack colonial fleet secretly decided that a new class of warstar was to be desgined and constructed incase of a major cylon attack on the colonies.
    The new warstar will feature the latest in fleet technologies including a new anti capital guns that are the same calibre as the forward forward fixed guns on Pegasus. a new anti fighter flack shell that can be fired from the her multi purpose guns which are the same as the guns on Galactica and Pegasus.
    Warstar designs in the past had more than 2 flight pods, but designers noticed that it was unessesary to give Goliath more bulk than she needed so they came up with a double sized flight pod that had the large fighter capacity but keep the ships profile lower and more Battlestar like giving her the advantage of being more manoverable and faster than older generation Warstars.
    Goliath was commissioned on the 11th of October 2 years before the attack; she was immediately put on trials to prove her combat effectiveness. During trials she had problems with her loading mechanisms for the main guns which had never been used on a ship with such a vast number of guns, it was prone to jamming. As soon as she came back from trials these improvements were made and she was re-evaluated and performed way beyond expectations.

During the cylon attack Goliath lead several other ships including, battlestars Tarus, Pacifica and Kobol and a dozen or so other support ships heading for Caprica were surrounded by 12 baseships and 1 very big unknown class of ship over the Colony Libran. Battlestar Kobol was the first to be destroyed when she suddenly lost power and all systems shorted out according to wireless communications between ships. The other battlestars and support ships perished shortly after with only 4 basestars destroyed. Goliath's Commander (Dante) ordered for a frontal charge and the firing of her forward guns on the unknown ship, she managed to do considerable damage to it before the remaining baseships shielded the ship and caught the full brunt of her forward batteries in a last ditch attempt to even the playing field. she took out 4 more base stars. After a 40 minute stand off with the remaining base stars and the unknown ship she was evnetually destroyed with all hands lost. her remaining viper pilots watched in horror as Goliath blew in half then her main reactor blew destroying the aft section and hurling the forward section towards a basestar detroying it.
    Shortly after the destruction of Goliath the Unknown ship jumped away never to be seen again.
    An updated drawing of the Goliath from Colonial Fleets. however doesn't show the pylons connecting the launch pod to the goliath

GOLIATH.jpg
    GoliathClassBattlecruiser-2copy.jpg
  • smallworldsmallworld335 Posts: 1Member
    In response to a need by the fleet for a light utility transport smaller and more nible than a standard shuttle, the Karnak-Osiris company built a modular ship, originally based on the companys recon probe design. This ship had a new passenger section replacing the payload bay and a compact two seat cockpit. The passenger pod could seat six people. This was initially used for search and rescue in the fleet. Soon door guns for fitted for protection during hot operations, and some hoppers were used for special forces operations.
    hump1j.jpg
    Vertical and hover flight was possible by using swivelling main engines and four small thrusters in the nose. The limited payload and difficulties with full load hover performance led to calls for a larger transport. KOA fitted the standard cockpit to a bigger rear end with four engines and space for twelve passengers. This Bopper (big hopper!) then entered fleet service.
    bop1a.jpg
    It was soon realised that these transports needed some close escourts to cut down losses in assault operations. A short weapon pos was designed to fit to either craft, to make a gunship or dropship as required. These four basic types have been widely used in fleet aerphibious operations.
    combo1s.jpg
    Eventually a whole family of mission pods were developed allowing a huge variety of misions to be undertaken.
    combototal1s1.jpg
    Civilian agencies back on the home worlds have been quick to adopt the basic design for SAR and air ambulance tasks, and more heavily armed gunshps have come along.
    hoppercombo1s.jpg

The latest exciting development is the Mk2 cockpit with bigger hover thrusters and perhaps a main engine overhaul for tail sections.

Hope you all like the blurb,

Cheers :D
    Every ship you will ever need, the Karnak-Osiris Aerospace Hopper
    HopperDetail1.jpg
  • wolfcannonwolfcannon0 Posts: 0Member
    GoliathClassBattlecruiser-view.jpg

ok i darken the pylon
    smallworld wrote: »
    In response to a need by the fleet for a light utility transport smaller and more nible than a standard shuttle, the Karnak-Osiris company built a modular ship, originally based on the companys recon probe design. This ship had a new passenger section replacing the payload bay and a compact two seat cockpit. The passenger pod could seat six people. This was initially used for search and rescue in the fleet. Soon door guns for fitted for protection during hot operations, and some hoppers were used for special forces operations.
    hump1j.jpg
    Vertical and hover flight was possible by using swivelling main engines and four small thrusters in the nose. The limited payload and difficulties with full load hover performance led to calls for a larger transport. KOA fitted the standard cockpit to a bigger rear end with four engines and space for twelve passengers. This Bopper (big hopper!) then entered fleet service.
    bop1a.jpg
    It was soon realised that these transports needed some close escourts to cut down losses in assault operations. A short weapon pos was designed to fit to either craft, to make a gunship or dropship as required. These four basic types have been widely used in fleet aerphibious operations.
    combo1s.jpg
    Eventually a whole family of mission pods were developed allowing a huge variety of misions to be undertaken.
    combototal1s1.jpg
    Civilian agencies back on the home worlds have been quick to adopt the basic design for SAR and air ambulance tasks, and more heavily armed gunshps have come along.
    hoppercombo1s.jpg

The latest exciting development is the Mk2 cockpit with bigger hover thrusters and perhaps a main engine overhaul for tail sections.

Hope you all like the blurb,

Cheers :D

i love that dropship design. any more shots of it? :thumb:
    Thanks!
    No nice renders at the moment, but I have some development shots that show her lines off quite well. I am currently rebuilding the whole family to Mk 2 spec, got the engines done tonight and the nose is already there. Here are the dev.pics:
    bop1f.jpg
    bop1i.jpg
    bop1g.jpg
    And the working drawing of the weapon pod:
    weaponpod1f.jpg
    SMALLWORLD
    those models of Karnak-Osiris Aerospace multi role Hopper are awesome. they blow me away wish we could get them into the season four DVD movie (supposedly shows pre-cylon attack an on Pegasus).

WOLF
    your skill just amazes me
    Thanks BSG, that makes two of us :D
    I would love to get them into the season 4 DVD movie as well :p
    As you can't live without some support here is some pre-cylon fleet support facilities.

Ragnor Base (ammunition Resupply) from Beyond the Red Line

RAGNORMKII.jpg

Original dockyard by PEARSE

dockyardb1.jpg

Panzano's awesome 3D Version of spacedockyard

DOCKYARD3.jpg

ships in dockyard BY PANZANO and (SHIPS BY 1 of 33 (Titan) and Justin Dixon (Admiraligor Strikestar Sirius) Battlestar Titan and Strikestar Sirius)

DOCKINSHIPYARD.jpg

Colonial shipyard #1

ColonialShipyardV2a.jpg

Colonial shipyard #2

SHIPBUILDER.jpg

Farquard Grapics Orion anchorage and
    Earth Anchorage

ORION.jpg

Farquard Grapics Earth Anchorage

BSRanchorage1.jpg

Colonial Defense Base

ColonialDefencePlatform.jpg

Colonial Fleet HQ (pre-Cylon attack)

ColonialFleetHQV2-1.jpg

Ticonderoga from starship trooers

TiconderogaSketch.jpg

An Alien Refinery Ship

new_refinery_08_cred.jpg
    Fast note the Valkyrie is approx 1200 meters in length (1206 meters could be used) approx 300 meters in beam. Height seems to be anywhere from 140 to 160 meters.
  • bizzybodybizzybody0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool stuff!

An idea I've kicked around for a while is the "Half-a-Star". In BSG TOS, the Battlestar fleet was soon to be upgraded with all new Viper squadrons and new bays when the Cylons announced their phony peace entreaty.

At the Caprica shipyards, the first pair of new bays and the Vipers for them had just been finished. The Cylons only gave the yards a passing strike as their primary targets were the colonial planets.

The surviving engineers took one of the new bays, mounted new engines (also part of the planned refit) on the nose- remember that TOS bays aren't through-deck designs- strapped on fuel tanks and spare engines and all the cargo containers full of spare parts and anything else they could find were stuffed in and stuck on wherever a place could be found.

The cobbled together 'ship' was dubbed the "Half-a-Star Caprica" and launched on a course towards where the fleet's signal had told everyone to go. Of course the engineers laced everything they couldn't take along with explosives and booby-traps to prevent the Cylons from getting it. They deeply regretted not being able to take both new bays, but one had taken damage along the launch tube side and a suicide Raider had crashed into its landing bay. (Stupid suicide Raiders, programmed to hit landing bays even when that's all there is to the ship!)
    sounds interesting I used a similar concept except it was using pods to rescue civilians and others on Page 9 of this thread in a story not about using the pods from destroyed battlestars but had no artwork ( have no software yet have a MAC) to go with it. Ihink your concept is great. Will look forward to seeing results. Im fact I have about 10 drawings of different type launch bay pods around page 9 showing different type pods,
    ive been working on a Cylon heavy base star latley. its a pain to do but i hope it turns out well.
    Reply from a BDG consultant

.....No prob i dont mind to asnwer any questions that any BSG fans and others have to ask about the show. To answer your question that u stated first yes the pilot that is a cylon, known has Sharon "Boomer" Valerii was reinstated by Rear Admiral Adama after her actions that helped the Galactica and many others. This was a few episodes ago around the beginning of the Season 3.5.

SIZE OF THE VALKYRIE

Also there is a way u can learn the size of the Valkyire BSG 41 but most sizes of this ship have be in descrete discussion among many. But mainly the ship is around 1200 meters long... just about 200 meters shorter than the Galactica. If u want any pictures relating to the topic of the Valkyire go to the forum index press BattleStar Galactica and head to the topic; around in the mid of page 1 and go the Valiant class (Valkyrie) and you can get some good photos and dimensions of the ship that are pretty accurate. Also if u would like to see more BSG images head to www.sci-fimeshes.com and head to the gallery and press BSG photos and you can get really good computer animated images of the Galactica and more.

SEASON 4
    And yes in season 4; which won't be on till January 6th, 2008 on sci fi channel there will be a 2 hour one of what u just stated but most info. is confidential to the public and all. Ill try to find out more. Please mail me back if u have any more questions.

If any one else has any questions please mail me on this topic or by private messaging and I'll be glad to answer them the best i can to my knowledge

Thanks and nice talking with you.......
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the updated version of the Goliath,looks mean and fearse. I would hate to run into her if she is in a bad mood. Have anybody thought of doing an obscenely detailed 3d render of this baby? Just a thought. Overall, awsome job.
    no one that I know of. It would be a Kickass 3D drawing. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO A 3D VERSION. HERE ARE THE SPEC ON the Goliath (or the Titan a different name but otherwise similar version) found at Colonial fleets.

Specs:

*Dimensions

Hull:
    Length: 3,228ft or 984 m
    Beam: 869ft or 265 m
    Draft Pod Extended: 620ft or 189 m
    Draft Pod Retracted: 456ft or 139 m

Flight Pod:
    Length (approx): 1,614ft or 492 m
    Beam (approx): 289ft or 99 m
    Draft (approx): 164ft or 50 m

*Armament

20 large flak turrets (mounting 2 guns apiece)
    These are mounted on the dorsal and ventral surfaces of the main hull and the ventral surface of the bow. The two guns on each turret fire explosive flak rounds in tandem at a rate of 2.23 seconds per round.

Numerous smaller turrets (mounting 2 guns apiece)
    These are smaller two-gun turrets mounted on the flight pods and other surfaces. Each barrel fires non-explosive rounds in bursts, with a rate of fire of 200 rounds per turret per second (estimate based on one tracer per four rounds).

*Fighter and support craft

Two squadrons of 20 "Viper" air/space superiority fighters. Even the latest Mk. VII vipers remain compatible with this class's launch and recovery facilities.
    One squadron of 10 "Raptor" reconnaissance vehicles.
    Five shuttles for landing of ground troops and supplies or transport from ship to ship.

*Crew
    Titan's standard crew complement was approximately 1,750.
    Viper FGA.Mk I
    can i have the link to the web page.

i might have to rename my Warstar now.

suggestions?
    Odin or Tyr or Thor (Tyr and Thor are Gods of War) are good names and are part of the universe ( like Valkyrie).
    hmmm how would Hades(sp?) do?
    was the name of a class (type) of cylon basestar. You could use Tarturus (deepest darkest spot in hades) though
    Tarturus is already a 3DWip. What are the names of the Jupiter/Sarturns moons? i could use the name from one of those for my Warstar.

The basestar would be an Eclipse class BaseStar
    How about Juno (wife of Zeus), Io, Europa and Callisto are moons of Jupiter. I personally like Callisto. I always thought Ares (greek god of war) would be a cool name for a warhip too.
    What About Nike {Victory)Or Nemesis ( RETRIBUTION) OR Tethys
    (Goddess of the Sea) ? all three are Greek Are Goddesses.
    i do like the sound of Ares and Callisto
  • TikeyTikey0 Posts: 0Member
    Warstar Icarus
    Gorgon class
    Warstar Pandora
    Or perhaps some Aztec gods to change the pace:
    Warstar Atlatonan
    Warstar Quetzalcoatl
    Warstar Camaxtli (the Aztec god of hunting, war, fate and fire)

Other war deities
    Warstar Agrona
    Or perhaps better: linky, because wikipedia knows everything

One that came to my head:
    Battlestar Cthulhu (oh my god, now I really have the urge to make this one!)
    i think i will call her Ares.

and if anyone would like to make a 3D version of her then by all means go ahead :D
    BSG 54 by AlexzandyrJ

The Ares class is the third generation Gunstar developed for the Colonial fleet. Thirty years after the end of the Cylon war the Hercules class Gunstar was nearing the end of its usefulness, much like its predecessor the Alicta at the end of the war. With new technologies available, fleet developers began designing its replacement. They designed the Ares to be the deadliest vessel in the Colonial Fleet, with the hopes of even possibly phasing out the Battlestars that had dominated the fleet for decades. The Ares would incorporate a new type of weapon, instead of using massive rail guns (as the previous two Gunstar classes had) the Ares would use a new type of missile system. These new missiles would have the ability of striking at an enemy light-years away from the position of the Ares, they would accomplish this by use of an onboard FTL system. Once Raptors had located a target they would jump back to the ship and transmit the coordinates. At that point the Gunstar would launch either one or all eight Intersystem Ballistic Missiles (ISBM), which would jump to the target. The missile carries eight nuclear warheads, once launched the warheads would either converge and attack the same target or would take on separate targets. When the abilities of this new weapon system were revealed, Fleet Command decided to go ahead with production of three Ares class Gunstars

ares.png
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    im thinking of posting some pics of a prototype warstar ive been working on for some time, thing is i need a camera, see, i built it with legos, i know how silly that seems, building with legos, but as someone famous once said: to each their own.
    besides, i may as well use legos as my building medium, seeing as how i lack the skill to make such works of art on the computer.

these tech specs are gonna seem somewhat disjointed for a bit, gonna organize it better on my other compy(which is down, and awaiting a replacement cpu cooling fan).

INTRUDER CLASS WARSTAR SPECS:

the warstar lacks the traditional set of flight pods, but does have the capability to carry and launch starfighters(up to 12 sqaudrons can be carried- assumes larger bulge style pods equiped and some loss of ammo storage)
    standard number of starfighters is classified
    note- her flightpods are more along the lines of flight bulges
    she also has a new weapons system based on the kew(kenetic energy weapon) designed for use against both cylon raiders and basestars.
    it functions similarly to the ciws system mounted on a nimitz class aircraft carrier.
    she also has the same type of kew used by galactica, which are useful against the occasional pesky basestar (hint hint).
    her kew systems were modified late into the build phase to fire nukes, the net result is a warstar with a serious 'tude and a penchent for jamming the magazine autoloaders(unintended consequnse of bein able to fire nukes this way) . her nuclear armament consists of 36 vertical launch missiles.
    unlike most other colonial ships, she does have an external command tower.
    however this is only used when performing docking maneuvers, or if spotting for the ships forward armaments is needed and is quite heavily armored as well as situated in between 3 different point defense stations.

weapons system note, all weapons in intruder class utilize a retract and cover scheme, to make it harder for an enemy with the element of surprise to disable her primary defenses.

shes also heavy and fast, her armor is thicker than that of the mercury class.
    and she has bigger engines to compansate.
    she also mounts a pair of auxillary sublight drives.

she also mounts an experimental dual or dopplar dradis system designed to track and target at distances. this new dradis is also capable of directing the ship's ciws style kew to shot and hit multiple incoming missiles.
    the warstar class was named intruder. a total of 30 were built
    all ships of her class except for 2 were assumed lost and destroyed during the cylon invasion.
    warstars intruder and aries were spared only because they had just been assigned to guard a top secret colonial fleet ship yard built and hidden years after the first cylon war.

because the intruder class was experimental alot of the operational details of some of her systems were restricted to ships personal.
    she was built along side Goliath, using many of its systems, including an ftl system modified for faster spinning up, thus enabling faster jump prep.
    note alot of the modified systems were installed on intruder and aries only
    intruder was intended to be a bridge from the mercury class battlestar to a new type that obviously was never designed.

MK VIII Viper prototype specs:

intended to replace the current MKVII airframe, only a modest 100 were produced before the fall of the colonies.
    its speed is such that advanced digital fly by wire controls are the only way to keep it in the air.

advanced composite armored hull
    built in agumentation for the pilots lifesupport system
    scaled down pulse dradis.
    new wingtip pod mounted EWS (electronic warfare suite)(both wings) installed for obvious reasons detailed below.

advanced digital fly by wire control, shielded by ews(to prevent hacking attempts by opportunistic Cylon Raiders)

2x 20mm auto cannons with capacity for 2000 rounds of ammo each(assumes loss of internally carried pocket rocket style missles)normal-950 rounds.
    new mini missle system:prsm- pocket rocket style missiles- carried internally, max of 10 per interwing missle bay(unfortunate side effect of this new system is slightly thicker wings).
    external racks for standard assortment of viper missle systems and *tactical nukes
    *issued only under last ditch desperate situations.
    her new design also incorperates 2 vertical and horizontial stabliezer fins for increased atmospheric flight stability.
    she also only has 2(yup, i said 2) engines.
    she is also capable of using a new system called the fast pack system.
    this system is meant to give the viper capabilities it would not normally have.
    current fast packs include the sete-(starfighter embedded tactical enforcer) status- currently in the flip a coin and hope it works phase.
    ftl jumper pack- consisting of extra fuel pods and an ftl unit. status- undergoing developmental flight trials.

note warstar intruder posesses a rapid prototyping fabrication production center for making more fighters, raptors etc.

intruder class ships are named after people as well as famous places, events, etc.

further ship specs to follow.

hope you all like so far,