Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG ship and fighter designs.

• bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    sounds interesting very interesting sounds like the early Mcquarrie drawing featuring internal launch bays. The only thing is the names Intruder is okay but something more greek or Roman or Norse would be better.
  • bizzybodybizzybody0 Posts: 0Member
    Tikey wrote: »
    One that came to my head:
    Battlestar Cthulhu (oh my god, now I really have the urge to make this one!)

Yes! You must! Why? Because Cthulhu is the mascot of Fandemonium.

How about this name? Battlestar Kampfstern
  • TikeyTikey0 Posts: 0Member
    As soon as I finish my Solaria I'll start with the "Cthulhu" I have some great ideas for it :D
    can't wait to see finished Solaria, Tikey she looks great so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    ^ BTW: recon, you can delete posts in the "edit" button, just hit "Go Advanced" and the "delete posts" stuff at the top ;)
    XraiderV1.7

sounds like a great concept. Will be interested to see her.

It will have to be a big, very big warstar (larger than the 1800 meters of the Pegasus) of that size, in order to handle that many viper squadrons. I especially like the idea of the KEW weapons.

Also can't wait to hear names of ships in class. Again I think that a Greek or Roman or Norse name would be better than Intruder. Could see maybe that this class named would be a new class of Warstar (Intuder) indicating its function.

While I think that the external command tower would be neat especially with holographic displays for navigation use and targeting information, maybe it could be retractable not necessarily into the she ship but maybe into a heavily armored section built up to handle it so that would have less chance of being damaged. An external Pod would be a great target.

Also think a great backstory could be developed about the secret shipyard base (would probably have to be hidden in an asteroid belt or maybe a starless area {making navigation difficult, would have to use some type of relay station sending signals to the ships on a special frequency.
  • SkeletorSkeletor0 Posts: 0Member
    i will keep my warstars original name. to save the hassle.

Ok so at the moment i am still tweaking a few things on Goliath, her gun config has been redesigned, and i will me making other modifications to her as i go along, i have a great idea, how about XraiderV1.7's prototype warstar paved the way for Goliath or something like that. unless she is was ment for the post Cylon War era not the Pre cylon attack on the colonies. i would like a joint project on a colonial fleet made using MS paint. i already have 4-5 ships nearing completion and would like the oppertunity to create a fleet with the help from others.

if there are any ideas or anything floating around, tell me and i will do my best to create them in 2D. i have 2 weeks off from school so i will have plenty of time to make new designs and modify other ones.

yes warstars should be large ships. Goliath is 2500 meters or so which is big. i will make a comparison chart of all the other ships ive made compared to Goliath to show how big she is.
    sounds good, comparison charts of the other ships be great idea especially one that has ship name and size on it, a collabrative project might be interesting especially with his premise of 2 surviving warstars and support ships (?) at a special hidden shipyard base.
    yup, Goliath was the first of the new warstars that were constructed, how many more that were under construction is unkown but there was rumors of a warstar that was destroyed along with the shipyard during the cylon attack. but there were no confirmations.

id like to see this warstar of his, it would be nice to see them side by side.

i am also currently sketching up a battlecruiser/juggernaught
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    the moment i have a digital camera, i'll post some pics of this lego creation.(yup i said lego)
    ooo lego! i LOVE lego, well did untill i sold it all :(
    Here is Goliath with her Missile Battery deployed.

this is were all of her missiles are fired. the little holes on the side ther the ship to ship launchers, the nuke launchers are set vertically.

goliathmissilebatterygh5.th.jpg
    Backstept

Nop's battlestar was the Manticore unfortunately he has never finished it. I really like the design of the Manticore and widh he would work on it some more
    no update today One coming tomorrow on Merchant and civilian ships
    a few types of merchant ships from steve wilson PERFECT ADDITIONS TO THE RAG TAG FLEET

A MEDIUM SIZED FREIGHTER

display_1061110.jpg

AN ORE CARRIER PROCESSING SHIP A PERFECT COMPANION TO THE MNING SHIPS

orecarrier1236859.jpg

A GRAIN CARRIER

grainship_1176301.png
    Goliaths flight pods.
  • backsteptbackstept2079 Posts: 927Member
    bsg recon wrote: »
    Backstept

Nop's battlestar was the Manticore unfortunately he has never finished it. I really like the design of the Manticore and widh he would work on it some more
    huh what?
    what was the question?
    Here are some drawings of the Heavy Cruiser TOS Defender (identified by Todd Bryce). I hope you like these pics.

CREDITS: Designed by Todd "TheHobb" Boyce, modeled in trueSpace by Steve "SteveW" Wilson, converted to Lightwave by Darrell "Warrior" Lawrence.

This ship, minus the underside bay, ended up in the S2 ender for the new Galactica show, much to the suprise of all involved.

defender007.jpg

defender004.jpg

defender008.jpg

defender005.jpg

defender001.jpg

defender000.jpg

Designed by Todd "TheHobb" Boyce, modeled in trueSpace by Steve "SteveW" Wilson, converted to Lightwave by Darrell "Warrior" Lawrence.

This ship, minus the underside bay, ended up in the S2 ender for the new Galactica show, much to the suprise of all involved.
    I'll say, ive seen both the old and new galactica tv shows, and i was shocked they used this model.
    and impressed at the same time.
    classic case of old meets new, lol
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    The "Defender" has been in the Rag Tag Fleet since the miniseries. It just wasn't very prominent onscreen until the season 2 finale.
    you are correct

CREDITS: Designed by Todd "TheHobb" Boyce, modeled in trueSpace by Steve "SteveW" Wilson, converted to Lightwave by Darrell "Warrior" Lawrence.

This ship, ended up in the S2 ender for the new Galactica show, much to the suprise of all involved.

rear view of the Heavy Cruiser Defender (sorry I misidenttified it)

swilson_def2.jpg

3/4 view of the Heavy Cruiser Defender (sorry I misidenttified it)

swilson_def.jpg

GUARDIAN

swilson_guardian.jpg
    ATTENTION THE FOLLOWING PICTURES ARE EXTREMELY LARGE (1024 X 1024)

SOME FANTASTIC IMAGES FROM COXXON OF CLOUD NINE DESTROYED IN SEASON 2.5 OF BSG

colcld91cox00.jpg

colcld91cox02.jpg

colcld91cox01.jpg
    next time try attaching them instead of posting them in-line :D
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Doesn't photobucket generate a thumbnail you can use? I know imageshack does.
    yes it does
    please use it :D
    no doubt our 56k users will appreciate it
    fraking awesome!
    who posted these?
    he did a sweet job on one of my favorite ships.
    oh, almost forgot, updated tech specs to be uploaded this evening, if im lucky enough to finish what work ive got left.
    Heres the updated tech specs for the intruder class and her new viper:

iINTRUDER CLASS WARSTAR SPECS:

Crew- 2 to 3000, with a max evac limit of 10,000
    demensions- to be determined(i suck at math)
    standard complement of secondar vehicles(including gen1 raptors and gen2 raptor
    gunships).
    the warstar lacks the traditional set of flight pods, but does have the capability to
    carry and launch starfighters(up to 12 sqaudrons can be carried- assumes larger bulge
    style pods equiped and some loss of ammo storage)
    standard number of starfighters is classified
    note- her flightpods are more along the lines of flight bulges
    she also has a new weapons system based on the kew(kenetic energy weapon) designed for
    use against both cylon raiders and basestars.
    it functions similarly to the ciws system mounted on a nimitz class aircraft carrier.
    she also has the same type of kew used by galactica, which are useful against the
    occasional pesky basestar (hint hint).
    her kew systems were modified late into the build phase to fire nukes, the net result is
    a warstar with a serious 'tude and a penchent for jamming the magazine
    autoloaders(unintended consequnse of bein able to fire nukes this way) . her nuclear
    armament consists of 36 vertical launch missiles.
    unlike most other colonial ships, she does have an external command tower.
    however this is only used when performing docking maneuvers, or if spotting for the
    ships forward armaments is needed and is quite heavily armored as well as situated in
    between 3 different point defense stations.

Weapons system note, all weapons in intruder class utilize a retract and cover scheme,
    to make it harder for an enemy with the element of surprise to disable her primary
    defenses.

Shes also heavy and fast, her armor is thicker than that of the mercury class.
    and she has bigger engines to compansate.
    she also mounts a pair of auxillary sublight drives.
    She also mounts an experimental dual or dopplar dradis system designed to track and
    target at distances. this new dradis is also capable of directing the ship's ciws style
    kew to shot and hit multiple incoming missiles.
    the warstar class was named intruder. a total of 30 were to be built.
    All ships of her class except for 2 were assumed lost and destroyed during the cylon
    invasion.

warstars intruder and aries were spared only because they had just been assigned to
    guard a top secret colonial fleet ship yard built and hidden years after the first cylon
    war.

Because the intruder class was experimental alot of the operational details of some of
    her systems were restricted to ships personal.
    She was built along side Goliath, using many of its systems, including an ftl system
    modified for faster spinning up, thus enabling faster jump prep.
    Note alot of the modified systems were installed on intruder and aries only
    intruder was intended to be a bridge from the mercury class battlestar to a new type
    that obviously was never designed.

MK VIII Viper prototype specs:

intended to replace the current MKVII airframe, only a modest 100 were produced before
    the fall of the colonies.
    its speed is such that advanced digital fly by wire controls are the only way to keep it
    in the air.

advanced composite armored hull
    built in agumentation for the pilots lifesupport system
    scaled down pulse dradis.
    new wingtip pod mounted EWS (electronic warfare suite)(both wings) installed for obvious
    reasons detailed below.

advanced digital fly by wire control, shielded by ews(to prevent hacking attempts by
    opportunistic Cylon Raiders)

2x 20mm auto cannons with capacity for 2000 rounds of ammo each(assumes loss of
    internally carried pocket rocket style missles)normal-950 rounds.
    new mini missle system: prsm- pocket rocket style missiles- carried internally, standard
    10 per interwing missle bay max of 15 per wing bay-assumes loss of some gun ammo (unfortunate side effect of this new system is slightly
    thicker wings).
    external racks for standard assortment of viper missle systems and *tactical nukes
    *issued only under last ditch desperate situations.
    her new design also incorperates 2 vertical and horizontial stablizer fins for increased

atmospheric flight stability.
    she also only has 2(yup, i said 2) engines.
    she is also capable of using a new system called the fast pack system.
    this system is meant to give the viper capabilities it would not normally have.
    current fast packs include the sete-(starfighter embedded tactical enforcer) status-
    currently in the flip a coin and hope it works phase.
    ftl jumper pack- consisting of extra fuel pods and an ftl unit. status- undergoing
    developmental flight trials.

note warstar intruder posesses a rapid prototyping fabrication production center for
    making more fighters, raptors etc.
    intruder class ships are named after people as well as famous places, events, etc.

Historical notes on the Intruder Class:

In developement since the end of the first colonial/cylon war, the intruder class
    warstar corrects several severly compromising flaws in the mercury class design.
    bearing no resemblance to past battlestars or warstars, she was intended as a bridge

towards a new class of battlestar.
    Built to be fast and tough, she sports multiple weapons emplacements and is capable of
    engaging at stand-off distances up to 3 basestars. Her armor is designed to shrug off

all but the worst bombardments, enabling intruder to wade into any battle of her choice
    without fear. A planned total of 30 were projected to be built, however, dispite her
    advantages, of the 10 that were built, only 2 survived, brought down by the same trojan
    horse command navigation program that would see the end of almost the entire fleet.
    warstars intruder and aries only survived because of the unique network system they had
    just been fitted with after their arrival at a top secret shipyard.
    It is known as a compartmentalized computer mainframe network.
    At the push of a button, the entire network goes into localized systems mode, each part

only operating systems in its area, with no physical or wireless links.
    this system was thought to be the only solution in terms of allowing networked
    computers,while negating the possibility of remote hacking induced systems shutdowns.
    the shipyard would later be itself destroyed, as would aries as she attempted to cover
    the evacuation of the facility, unfortunately, she was outgunned by 12 basestars.
    her fighters and raptors would later be rescued by intruder who herself would suffer an
    ftl system malfunction, which resulted in her jumping right into the ionian nebula,
    where she would be adrift for 2 weeks before what was left of the human fleet, lead by
    galactica would find her.

MK VIII Viper historical notes:

In developement for the past 15 years, she is an almost natural evoulution of the MK VII
    design, but built to fight.
    Faster, Tougher, More agile, unlike past viper designs, she is built to take the fight
    to the enemy thanks to a prototype ftl jump drive fast pack.
    Also capable of going toe to toe with the cylons new heavy raider thanks to her new and
    improved 20mm auto cannons and wing mounted internally carried pocket missles.

Based on the javelen missile design, the "lancer" features an improved shaped charge
    warhead for improved stopping power.
    This powerful starfighter can carry up to 6 externally racked missles for added
    firepower, of particular note is her capability to use dragon fly all range antiship
    missles, only issued under extrordinary cirumstances due to their capability to utilize
    nuclear warheads.

Unlike past vipers she as horizontal stabalizers for improved performance in an
    atmosphere.
    Capable of using a number of mission specific fast packs for added capability.
    (see techical specs above for details)

Because of her digital fly by wire design, and suspicions on possible cylon sabotage,
    she was designed with a pair of EWS Pods(Electronic Warfare System), designed to prevent
    remote hacking by enemy starfighters.

Projected for Fleetwide deployment(resuling in total phaseout of MK VII), only 30 were
    built and deployied before the fall of the colonies.
    Initial deployments were targeted to the intruder class because it was just comming
    online and had been designed to deploy the MK VII. retrofits would be neccesary for
    fleet wide deployment.
    The intruder class does have the capability to design and build additional starfighters
    as needed, so the small number of production prototypes is of no concern.

more updates planned for later on over the next few weeks so please be patient.

and yes, im working on the beginnings of a storyline(even though i cant write for jack and may need rescueing on this...)
    BACKSTEPT
    if you know how to create thumbnails would appreciate learning how, normally have to resize pics on my own.

thanks

john

bsg recon
    Heres the updated tech specs for the intruder class and her new viper:

iINTRUDER CLASS WARSTAR SPECS:

Crew- 2 to 3000, with a max evac limit of 10,000
    demensions- to be determined(i suck at math)
    standard complement of secondar vehicles(including gen1 raptors and gen2 raptor
    gunships).
    the warstar lacks the traditional set of flight pods, but does have the capability to
    carry and launch starfighters(up to 12 sqaudrons can be carried- assumes larger bulge
    style pods equiped and some loss of ammo storage)
    standard number of starfighters is classified
    note- her flightpods are more along the lines of flight bulges
    she also has a new weapons system based on the kew(kenetic energy weapon) designed for
    use against both cylon raiders and basestars.
    it functions similarly to the ciws system mounted on a nimitz class aircraft carrier.
    she also has the same type of kew used by galactica, which are useful against the
    occasional pesky basestar (hint hint).
    her kew systems were modified late into the build phase to fire nukes, the net result is
    a warstar with a serious 'tude and a penchent for jamming the magazine
    autoloaders(unintended consequnse of bein able to fire nukes this way) . her nuclear
    armament consists of 36 vertical launch missiles.
    unlike most other colonial ships, she does have an external command tower.
    however this is only used when performing docking maneuvers, or if spotting for the
    ships forward armaments is needed and is quite heavily armored as well as situated in
    between 3 different point defense stations.

Weapons system note, all weapons in intruder class utilize a retract and cover scheme,
    to make it harder for an enemy with the element of surprise to disable her primary
    defenses.

Shes also heavy and fast, her armor is thicker than that of the mercury class.
    and she has bigger engines to compansate.
    she also mounts a pair of auxillary sublight drives.
    She also mounts an experimental dual or dopplar dradis system designed to track and
    target at distances. this new dradis is also capable of directing the ship's ciws style
    kew to shot and hit multiple incoming missiles.
    the warstar class was named intruder. a total of 30 were to be built.
    All ships of her class except for 2 were assumed lost and destroyed during the cylon
    invasion.

warstars intruder and aries were spared only because they had just been assigned to
    guard a top secret colonial fleet ship yard built and hidden years after the first cylon
    war.

Because the intruder class was experimental alot of the operational details of some of
    her systems were restricted to ships personal.
    She was built along side Goliath, using many of its systems, including an ftl system
    modified for faster spinning up, thus enabling faster jump prep.
    Note alot of the modified systems were installed on intruder and aries only
    intruder was intended to be a bridge from the mercury class battlestar to a new type
    that obviously was never designed.

MK VIII Viper prototype specs:

intended to replace the current MKVII airframe, only a modest 100 were produced before
    the fall of the colonies.
    its speed is such that advanced digital fly by wire controls are the only way to keep it
    in the air.

advanced composite armored hull
    built in agumentation for the pilots lifesupport system
    scaled down pulse dradis.
    new wingtip pod mounted EWS (electronic warfare suite)(both wings) installed for obvious
    reasons detailed below.

advanced digital fly by wire control, shielded by ews(to prevent hacking attempts by
    opportunistic Cylon Raiders)

2x 20mm auto cannons with capacity for 2000 rounds of ammo each(assumes loss of
    internally carried pocket rocket style missles)normal-950 rounds.
    new mini missle system: prsm- pocket rocket style missiles- carried internally, standard
    10 per interwing missle bay max of 15 per wing bay-assumes loss of some gun ammo (unfortunate side effect of this new system is slightly
    thicker wings).
    external racks for standard assortment of viper missle systems and *tactical nukes
    *issued only under last ditch desperate situations.
    her new design also incorperates 2 vertical and horizontial stablizer fins for increased

atmospheric flight stability.
    she also only has 2(yup, i said 2) engines.
    she is also capable of using a new system called the fast pack system.
    this system is meant to give the viper capabilities it would not normally have.
    current fast packs include the sete-(starfighter embedded tactical enforcer) status-
    currently in the flip a coin and hope it works phase.
    ftl jumper pack- consisting of extra fuel pods and an ftl unit. status- undergoing
    developmental flight trials.

note warstar intruder posesses a rapid prototyping fabrication production center for
    making more fighters, raptors etc.
    intruder class ships are named after people as well as famous places, events, etc.

Historical notes on the Intruder Class:

In developement since the end of the first colonial/cylon war, the intruder class
    warstar corrects several severly compromising flaws in the mercury class design.
    bearing no resemblance to past battlestars or warstars, she was intended as a bridge

towards a new class of battlestar.
    Built to be fast and tough, she sports multiple weapons emplacements and is capable of
    engaging at stand-off distances up to 3 basestars. Her armor is designed to shrug off

all but the worst bombardments, enabling intruder to wade into any battle of her choice
    without fear. A planned total of 30 were projected to be built, however, dispite her
    advantages, of the 10 that were built, only 2 survived, brought down by the same trojan
    horse command navigation program that would see the end of almost the entire fleet.
    warstars intruder and aries only survived because of the unique network system they had
    just been fitted with after their arrival at a top secret shipyard.
    It is known as a compartmentalized computer mainframe network.
    At the push of a button, the entire network goes into localized systems mode, each part

only operating systems in its area, with no physical or wireless links.
    this system was thought to be the only solution in terms of allowing networked
    computers,while negating the possibility of remote hacking induced systems shutdowns.
    the shipyard would later be itself destroyed, as would aries as she attempted to cover
    the evacuation of the facility, unfortunately, she was outgunned by 12 basestars.
    her fighters and raptors would later be rescued by intruder who herself would suffer an
    ftl system malfunction, which resulted in her jumping right into the ionian nebula,
    where she would be adrift for 2 weeks before what was left of the human fleet, lead by
    galactica would find her.

MK VIII Viper historical notes:

In developement for the past 15 years, she is an almost natural evoulution of the MK VII
    design, but built to fight.
    Faster, Tougher, More agile, unlike past viper designs, she is built to take the fight
    to the enemy thanks to a prototype ftl jump drive fast pack.
    Also capable of going toe to toe with the cylons new heavy raider thanks to her new and
    improved 20mm auto cannons and wing mounted internally carried pocket missles.

Based on the javelen missile design, the "lancer" features an improved shaped charge
    warhead for improved stopping power.
    This powerful starfighter can carry up to 6 externally racked missles for added
    firepower, of particular note is her capability to use dragon fly all range antiship
    missles, only issued under extrordinary cirumstances due to their capability to utilize
    nuclear warheads.

Unlike past vipers she as horizontal stabalizers for improved performance in an
    atmosphere.
    Capable of using a number of mission specific fast packs for added capability.
    (see techical specs above for details)

Because of her digital fly by wire design, and suspicions on possible cylon sabotage,
    she was designed with a pair of EWS Pods(Electronic Warfare System), designed to prevent
    remote hacking by enemy starfighters.

Projected for Fleetwide deployment(resuling in total phaseout of MK VII), only 30 were
    built and deployied before the fall of the colonies.
    Initial deployments were targeted to the intruder class because it was just comming
    online and had been designed to deploy the MK VII. retrofits would be neccesary for
    fleet wide deployment.
    The intruder class does have the capability to design and build additional starfighters
    as needed, so the small number of production prototypes is of no concern.

more updates planned for later on over the next few weeks so please be patient.

and yes, im working on the beginnings of a storyline(even though i cant write for jack and may need rescueing on this...)

dude i have to see this now, id love to see her and Goliath side by side.

i myself am making good progress with her, ive done alot of plating, and i am still looking into making the engines and flight pods a bit skinnier becasue i feel she is still very bulky.

i also have a juggernaught/dreadnaught idea on my sketchbook, but ive yet to come up with a body style without making her look to skinny or make her look like she has flight pods.

another design im doing is the battlestar Picon, (glactica style)

other ships will be made, to add to the fleet i am currently making. (side views for now anyway) i am having trouble doing goliath's top view.

cheers