Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• ashleytingerashleytinger2018 Central OhioPosts: 1,246Member
    Could you modify one of the bridge angled consoles from the E to work in there? Maybe put a display in the middle with the angles off to the sides?
    Rekkert
  • DoctorShmullusDoctorShmullus54 Posts: 37Member
    Nice work on the sickbay! Perhaps a nurse’s station could fit in that center space, similar to what you did with the Victory Sickbay maybe?
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Remember that big glass partition thing behind Wesley in “Parallels”? Why not have one of those in the large empty space, but have it be a much more expanded version of this smaller glass prop from the D’s sickbay?

78k808ykforj.jpeg
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    mdta wrote: »
    Rory1707 wrote: »
    I’m loving this design my friend. We really didn’t see much of the Enterprise-E sick bay in the movies, but I imagine this is how it could have looked.
    Which one lol?

Voyager's one was used for First Contact - and Nemesis used something different

On a ship as large as a Sovereign Class (and indeed most ships), with hundreds of personnel onboard (and in the case of the Galaxy class, families), I'd assume they would have multiple Sickbays. If they can have multiple "Engineering" locations (the one we most commonly see is "Main" Engineering), I'm certain they could have multiple Sickbays as well. If for no other reason, than redundancy.
    Rekkert
    Nobody’s ever had a wall lizard in sickbay since McCoy…

k6k6kuazeq7d.jpeg
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruiserRekkert
  • PreVizPreViz339 Posts: 14Member
    Nobody’s ever had a wall lizard in sickbay since McCoy…

k6k6kuazeq7d.jpeg

I'll paraphrase McCoy,
    "This is a sickbay, not a petting zoo."
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4045 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,304Member
    @darkthunder: Given that First Contact established the sickbay shown on that movie as being on deck 16, right next to engineering, my head canon is that it's the main sickbay in the stardrive section, while the Nemesis one is the main saucer sickbay.

Ok, after some more playing around with the layout, I still wasn't entirely happy with it so I decided to go in a different direction. I kept a copy of the old one and I'll most likely be using it with heavy modifications for the Emmett Till sickbay down the line, as for that one I had some ideas that would make better use of the space while also making the whole thing look less like Voyager's sickbay.

For Cerberus, I went with a mirrored layout with two biobeds at each side of the surgical bed. I played with having a bigger door at the center, but to me that starts becoming too much like the Victory sickbay at that point, so I wanted to avoid it (plus I have a concept for the USS Ross sickbay down the line that also uses a symetrical layout with a central door, so that's another reason to avoid using it here).

I'll probably move the doors from their current position to have them flanking the central screen, with the wall at the left-end of the set having a bunch of work stations, and the one on the right-end having the CMO's office and a large glass window.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2024-01-20-21-01-43.jpg?1705795395
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2024-01-20-21-02-23.jpg?1705795399
    wibbledarkthunderStarCruiserLizzy777ashleytingerBolianAdmiralRory1707DoctorShmullusWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I feel like you want the CMO's office in a place that gives them quick access to everything. It really should be where that center screen is. That lets the doc keep their eye on the ICU unit and equidistant from all the recuperating biobeds.
    Rekkert
    @BlueNeumann: I want to avoid the room being overly symmetrical; plus the CMO having equidistant access to everything was never a consideration in Trek sickbays, from TOS to TNG to even the newer shows, their office is always on one side, closer to some stuff than to others.

I moved the doors as mentioned in my last post, plus finished the ceiling structure of this new layout.

I've also added the work stations on one end, and the start of the CMO's office on the other. For some variation, and given that this is a Nemesis-era design, I went with an almost entirely glass wall to divide the office from the main ward, inspired on this piece of Voyager concept art. This lets the CMO have a pretty full view of the entire sickbay, and it could be made opaque if needed.

Finally, I started work on some era appropriate props, including a cart and the Voyager version of the hypospray station.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-06.jpg?1705830150
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-08.jpg?1705830160
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-09.jpg?1705830165
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-07.jpg?1705830155
    trekkilennier1wibbleRory1707DoctorShmullusStarCruiserraztovashleytingerLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryand 1 other.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very very good. Do you paint all the Star Trek symbols yourself?
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707233 Posts: 238Member
    Love the design! Awesome job my friend!
    Rekkert
    @trekki: Thanks! I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by 'Star Trek symbols' :)

@Rory1707: Thanks mate!

Did a lot of small but necessary stuff today, so the ceilings are now finished, the carpet pattern's back in place, and I've added a bunch of props, among some other tweaks. I've also started adding a pattern on the glass partition for the office, but it's still rather basic at this point, I intend to make it more intricate eventually.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-11.jpg?1705909119
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-12.jpg?1705909123
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-13.jpg?1705909127
    PreVizRory1707trekkiashleytingerraztovLizzy777StarCruiserBolianAdmiralDoctorShmulluswibbleand 1 other.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    I mean the symbols on the doors and the medical lamp and all the LCars etc.
    Rekkert
    @trekki: Ah, yes, that's all done by me on Inkscape. :)

Per feedback on another forum, I'm testing out a nurse desk on the center of the room. With this new layout the nurse desk kinda evokes the Prometheus sickbay from "Message in a Bottle". The central portion has the same layout with the surgical bed, the desk in front of it and the screen/controls behind the desk. So it does tie back with the class prototype; plus with Cerberus being an Admiral's ship it would make sense to have sickbay more staffed than in any generic ship. Thoughts?

tadeo-d-oria-c0-15.jpg?1705957589
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-14.jpg?1705957584
    Lizzy777Rory1707wibbleStarCruiserBolianAdmirallennier1trekkiDoctorShmullusWarp Propulsion Laboratorycaveat_imperator
    It's a good placement for the desk. Still room to move the bodies... er patients around.
    Rory1707Rekkert
    I agree. A top of the line ship should have a large staff in sick bay, so patients would get the best care in such a facility. IMO.
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,282Member
    edited January 23 #3888
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @trekki: Ah, yes, that's all done by me on Inkscape. :)

Per feedback on another forum, I'm testing out a nurse desk on the center of the room. With this new layout the nurse desk kinda evokes the Prometheus sickbay from "Message in a Bottle". The central portion has the same layout with the surgical bed, the desk in front of it and the screen/controls behind the desk. So it does tie back with the class prototype; plus with Cerberus being an Admiral's ship it would make sense to have sickbay more staffed than in any generic ship. Thoughts?

Nice idea!
    This also echoes the TMP sickbay, which had one as well.
    Post edited by lennier1 on
    Rekkert
    It's a great touch!
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Didn't realize how small the Prometheus sickbay actually was. Supports my head canon that ships have multiple sickbays, especially on the larger ships. With the Prometheus Class capable of being separated into 3 distinct sections, it's reasonable to assume that there would be at least 1 Sickbay within each section.
    Rekkert
    @ashleytinger: I did make sure there's room to maneuver a stretcher in there, for cleaning purposes :joy:

@lennier1: Indeed!

@darkthunder: Yeah that's pretty much canon, multiple sickbays/wards were mentioned several times in the shows/movies. As for the case of Prometheus, my take on it is that we're only seeing the main surgical area, with the wards being accessible through those wall openings.

Glad you like the idea @Rory1707 and @BlueNeumann!

Spent some time today doing a bunch of medical props, cases, and computers.

I've also done two versions of storage shelves which were used in Voyager and First Contact. They're both just as tall, but one is thinner and all shelves, while the other is wider and has some veritically divided areas at the bottom. I still need more props to populate it all, but it's getting there hahaha.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-16.jpg?1705998121
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-17.jpg?1705998125
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-18.jpg?1705998135
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-19.jpg?1705998145
    Rory1707PreViztrekkiashleytingerStarCruiserDoctorShmullusBolianAdmiralwibbleLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryand 2 others.
    edited January 25 #3892
    Not much time to work on this during the week, but I somewhat rearranged the CMO's office so that the curved wall is behind the desk. I also added light columns like on the main ward, I think they frame the desk nicely. Obviously I still need to add decor on the walls and all that.

I had to make the room slightly deeper so that the desk works rotated like this, but I checked and it's still slightly smaller than Dr. Crusher's office in TNG (and this one doesn't have the added waiting area!), so I think it still fits.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-20.jpg?1706170873
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-21.jpg?1706170877
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Rory1707wibblePreVizStarCruiserashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryrojrenDoctorShmullusMustang13Camaro68BolianAdmiraland 2 others.
    I love the wood texture and color on that desk. And I know I’m in the minority, but I really love that FC-style computer.
    Rory1707Rekkert
    The office is great! Yeah, that desk is fantastic with that grain, certainly fits the Sovereign-era vibes you have going on. The desk at the curved wall is great, and it creates this nice balance with tbe nurse's station.
    Rekkert
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    I don't wanna be treated or work in that sickbay. Too depressing colors. ;)
    Rekkert
  • wibblewibble1145 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 511Member
    edited January 26 #3896
    nightfever wrote: »
    I don't wanna be treated or work in that sickbay. Too depressing colors. ;)

Isn't that a common issue with hospitals anyway?
    Post edited by wibble on
    Rekkert
    Well to be fair, Voyager on through the Ent-E in Nemesis were all a bit dark and depressing. ;)
    Rekkert
    @BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Well you and me both are in that minority, I love that thing!

@nightfever: It fits the era and the tone I'm going for with Cerberus. I intend to do some lighter sickbays down the line for other ships.

Focused on the office today. I modified the replicator so that it better matches the modifications it had for Nemesis, most notably the silver taping that goes all across its face is a bit more intricate with curved edges and some cuts.

I also modeled a little... side table... thing? Whatever it was, it was used on Prometheus' sickbay, and then modified for use as a console in Enterprise, so there's some photos of when it was auctioned. I originally intended to use it on the ward, but there's enough clutter in there I think, so I placed it on the office with a bonzai on top lol.

Then I had an idea of having some hanging plants behind the desk, so I purchased some from CGTrader, and modified them to get just that. Still not totally sold on it all though, thoughts?

tadeo-d-oria-c0-22.jpg?1706349425
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-23.jpg?1706349430

Rory1707Lizzy777StarCruiserBolianAdmiralwibbleDoctorShmullusashleytingercaveat_imperator
    I like the hang plants. They give contrast to the color scheme of the office. IMO.
    Rekkert
    @Rory1707: Thanks! Yeah, that was my idea with them, mostly, some more color and uniqueness :)

Not a huge update, finished arranging things in the office, with the plants now further apart on the back wall, and the bonsai placed near the entrance to balance all the green.

On the ward, I've done more work on the biobeds, but I have yet to finish the base and the surgical bed. I went for the Insurrection look for the biobeds, so they have larger pillows and a blanket over them (tested several colors for the blankets, I liked them white the most). I did keep two pill labels near the LCARS panel at the feet of them though, which were only there in First Contact.

Also, I added the rectangular greebles at the bottom of the dividers between beds, among other small changes.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-25.jpg?1706668201
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-24.jpg?1706668196
    ashleytingerRory1707StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777DoctorShmulluswibblecaveat_imperator
    I really appreciate the plants. Gives it some color and personality. Love it!
    Rory1707darkthunderRekkert