Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DX-Wing

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Textures look great ! .. Nice job Terry ... :thumb:

Is there something planned for it later ?, ... I remember you working on a DS Trench Run (Ani) a while back, ... Maybe returning to that for close-ups ? ...

Jas
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Thanks all, you're too kind! It's been a lot of fun. :)

Yeah, I guess that animation was always the end game, there are a bunch of projects that I want to use it on.

Some VERY early wing work, lots of things that I need to fix/work on:

wing_1.jpg
    wing_2.jpg
    109175.jpg109176.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work, looks like you can practically reach out and touch it.

:thumb:
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work mate, great progress! :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Excellent work, looks like you can practically reach out and touch it.

Yeah, what he said. :thumb:
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Very nice modeling and textures.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972322 Posts: 1,202Member
    ^^ What they said. Looks incredible.
    Thanks all! I'm actually in the process of fixing some nagging geo issues in the wings, hopefully I can do it without messing up the UVs TOO badly. :)
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    stonky wrote: »
    Thank you!

A little more work:

Attachment not found.

This shot looks the absolute [insert British euphemisms that at first glance sound like "bad" but actually mean "good"].
    Armondikov wrote: »
    This shot looks the absolute [insert British euphemisms that at first glance sound like "bad" but actually mean "good"].

LOL thanks!

Some more wing work (had to make some modeling changes, etc.):

temp_wings.jpg

Right now it's the same wing and engine 4 times without the geo that makes each part distinct, but I do have those modeled and I'll swap those in once I'm happy with the overall texturing, etc.
    109192.jpg
    It looks awesome so far. The weathering looks very natural.
    Oooh nice image to wake up to. I might have to give you my current Star Wars ship design to texture when I'm done with it, as you'd knock it out the park and do a much better job of it than I going off this evidence, looks bleedin' awesome.

• greeblegreeble174 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great dude. Textures are awesomeo!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Gods, just looking at that makes me feel "get your ass into texturing, idiot".
    Thank you, you're all far too kind. :) Lot's to do, I want to get it all put together before I really go in and fine tune things. The "butt plate" should be done shortly, then it's on to the "droid strip" and R2.
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Oooh nice image to wake up to. I might have to give you my current Star Wars ship design to texture when I'm done with it, as you'd knock it out the park and do a much better job of it than I

I doubt that! :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    **** just got real :D
    (and this xwing looks like its gotten the crap beaten out of it!)
    **** just got real :D
    (and this xwing looks like its gotten the crap beaten out of it!)

LOL!

I should have a first go at the "butt plate" done tonight.
    Some work on the "butt plate":

buttplate_wip.jpg

Wings and canons are still mirrored, and I haven't touched the "droid strip" or R2 yet (he's looking a little new at the moment :) ).

A little further away, for better context:

buttplate_wip2.jpg
    109212.jpg109213.jpg
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Looks like she has been around the block a few times so to speak. This is the best X-wing model I have ever seen. Awesome job dude! :thumb:
    Wowza!
    :eek!::notworthy:
    I don't know how to say this without getting creepy, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it: your butt plate looks great.
    I don't know how to say this without getting creepy, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it: your butt plate looks great.
    :lol:
    Thanks all!

@stfanboy: thank you! Yeah, it's seen some things :)

@homerpalooza67: lol thanks!

@TALON_UK: thank you! It's been a lot of fun! :)

@evil_genius_180: I think that's the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me lol

Uv'ing the "droid strip" now, amongst finishing about a hundred other things still left to do - I decided to do the styrene chips as geo, so, score one for the guys who thought that I should model panel lines :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Beautiful work Terry.:)
    Beautiful work Terry.:)

Thank you, great to see you around again!
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Wonderfully detailed and the weathering is superb stonky, only 2 things missing, a Tie fighter coming apart in its gun sights and some hot exhaust emissions but I know this is coming so I will just sit back and drool over the details again :)
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    A beautiful piece of work. You do the ILM model makers proud. :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    stonky wrote: »
    Thank you, great to see you around again!

Hey, you know I have always been a big fan of your work!:) And as such, I would like to say," keep it coming."
    Lol thank you you're all far too generous!

Yes, engine exhaust/glow definitely coming, as well as some unfortunate TIE fighters. :) For the engines I'll take my cue from the movies (physical lights in the engines behind the heat sink detail, shot on a separate pass), so there won't be "exhaust" per se, the effect will be contained within the light hitting the interior of the engine can with some soft focus glow for good measure. :)

I'm almost done with the droid strip, and I've got those flap things that sit between the open wings where they meet the fuselage ready to go as well. Next is R2 I guess, and then I'll start to circle back and fix all of the annoying junk (styrene chips, replace the mirrored wings and engine cans with the real thing, pilot, shading and texturing tweaks/fixes, etc., etc.). Kind of carpet bombing the entire thing and then circling back once I can see it all together.

And then there's the variants.