Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDescendants of Order 66 - Star Destroyer Hangar

• DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    That looks awesome! : DDDDDDD

And the girders are not visible from the outside, so great! :)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks matey :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool. :)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice.
    Thanks guys, and if nobody notices the hole is too small for an X-wing to fit through (shhhhh :P) then I am golden ;)
    Surely the X-Wing can tilt to go inside the hangar and then go horizontal to land in it… ;D
    That is the new plan yes :P
    Replace the X-Wing with an A-Wing and you're good to go. ;)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Replace the X-Wing with an A-Wing and you're good to go. ;)

or just make the inner doors smaller ;)
    The plan is when the ship starts to exit the doors are fully opened (enough room), as the ship exits they will then be partly closed for the next shot, job done! ;) (so I can still have them in a shot as they should look cool).
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Wiz wrote: »
    The plan is when the ship starts to exit the doors are fully opened (enough room), as the ship exits they will then be partly closed for the next shot, job done! ;) (so I can still have them in a shot as they should look cool).

cheater! :P
    ShhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHH!

;)

Well a teeny update as I commented so have to show something so its not a cheap (?) post ;)
    Continuing to block out the space needed for the outer hull :)

tantivehangarwip2.jpg
    101234.jpg
    It's funny how that part of the ventral hull doesn't really exist in the actual Tantive IV… But of course you can always say that the Tantive IV had that bit by the time of the fan film and then got modified and such :P

I was comparing that image to the reference one you linked to, 10 pages ago or so:
    vlcsnap2013030121h18m17.png

In that image the hull seems to be a bit smaller (compared to the hangar opening) than you made it, but I can't be sure…
    Yeah I figured the viewer isn't going to question proportions etc.. as long as it looks cool, plus they are also subject to change, as I am just blocking out the external area (which still needs to fit the internal hangar area) :)

Also on that note the Xwing would not have fitted into the above hangar looking at it, so I had to take liberties :)
    Wiz wrote: »
    Also on that note the Xwing would not have fitted into the above hangar looking at it, so I had to take liberties :)

Meh, pilots like Wedge or Tycho could have done it ;D
    :lol: prob true, but they would have scraped the hell out of the pretty paintwork :)
  • jessepitcherjessepitcher0 Posts: 0Member
    Been lurking around here for awhile and now that I'm a member I just have to say how much I love your work on this. The SD hanger recreation is flawless, but designing the Tantive hangar and having it fit so perfectly with the ship we've all known and pored over for so long is an incredible achievement.

And scraped paintwork adds character :D
    Thanks jessepitcher for those very kind words :) Really enjoying working on this one, and now getting stuck into the outer hull detailing so more coming soon (ish ;)). :)
    Well a little update, starting to block out the ship (or the area at least where the hangar entrance will be) so I can see how much will be in frame for the final shots (how much I need to build, but may just do the whole damn thing)... (also using Mr X's X wing for scale reference).

tantivehangarwip2.jpg

Also watched Iron Man 3 today, and loved it! So inspired me to load up old R2 and continue with the neverending detail updates, so as the above wasn't that great an update, here is an Artoo (erm... ;)).

r2dome.jpg

<runs away>

:P
    101341.jpg101342.jpg
    Nice blocking in. However, what I really like is the Artoo image. Is that 3D CGI or a painting?
    It's CG, 3dsmax, rendered in MR,... and he is a long term tenant on Scifi meshes ;)
    I wasn't sure because it almost looks like a painting. The brushed metal dinged-up dome is fantastic. :)
    Thanks matey :)
    It would be awesome if you built the whole lower part of the Corellian Corvette in good detail… Especially considering that the second shot of the jump into hyperspace for the battle of Endor shows precisely that bit in a close up shot… *cough* *cough* :D
    That is the plan, high detail for the area in shot :)
    Although having said that, I will probably go on to do the rest as it will eat away at me if I don't ;)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Great job, any idea when the film will be released? Also, do you know if they plan to release the other Prequel fanfics?
    Thanks, and they plan to release before the 2015 release of the new film, so anytime over the next year (although there is still a fair bit of work to do, so more towards the 2015 time).

I don't think there are any plans currently to make the other prequels fan films, but you never know :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Looks REAL so anything else i could say would be trivial. Great modeling here.