Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDescendants of Order 66 - Star Destroyer Hangar

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    ChrisGFX wrote: »
    its time to upgrade to BluRay, isn't it?

Only if Disney does what Lucas wouldn't and does a Blu-Ray release with the original films digitally remastered, but not altered in any way (like the VHS copies I used to have.) :p
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    If only... ho hum...

Hey Talon, check out

http://www.viddler.com/v/69433bae

:)

Also if you look the below image, you can see that there isnt actually a door leading onto the hangar floor (just looks like there is from the shots in the film), in fact this corridor simply opens out onto the hangar... (I only recently discovered).

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/06/23/64/copie_11.jpg
    99822.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for that, hmmm, quite interesting, and from both of those shots we can see that the corridor actually runs parallel to the hangar wall with a cylindrical lift detail at the end similar to what we see in the Hangar Control Room, Emperor's Throne Room and Landing Pad gantry on Endor. It also looks like it takes quite a lot of detailing from the lower part of the hangar set wall rather than going with the standard Imperial corridor. Not sure if I like it so much, but might create a variant of my Hangar including this detail for authenticity's sake, though I think I prefer my solution. Can't view that other link because I'm on the iPad, but will check that out later. Do love how even 30 years later we're always discovering something new with a subject so rich and detailed as Star Wars is.
    Haha yeah tell me about it; for instance I never realised that Vader's mask is painted gray on parts of his face mask and neck (apparently as a complete black version of his face didn't show up too well on screen so they added the gray so to highlight the shape); I was nearly sending back my Sheppertons design version as I thought the paint work was not finished lol, that could have been embarrassing.

I am updating the corridor again now, as I changed the design slightly as I didn't like the flat floating panel style of the original, however my changes are bugging me as it doesn't completely match the reference :( I cannot win ;)
    Here you go, raised the panels etc. :)
    99823.jpg
    Even though it's more accurate now, I actually liked it better when the panels were touching the floor. Now they just look like they're floating.
    Wiz wrote: »
    Also if you look the below image, you can see that there isnt actually a door leading onto the hangar floor (just looks like there is from the shots in the film), in fact this corridor simply opens out onto the hangar... (I only recently discovered).

http://i22.servimg.com/u/f22/11/06/23/64/copie_11.jpg

I don't recognize that, and I've seen those movies so many times that I think I know everything that happens in them. Is that from a cut scene?
    the floating ones are growing on me, but I have to do something behind them to show how they are held I guess :) the image is a shot on set, not an actual scene, but what it does is show an area which is only shown in the background in the film (and also blurred); so its great to see a clear shot of that area :)
  • lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    The "floating" ones actually seem like they're some kind of armor plating that's mounted in front of the actual walls (like multiple hulls on naval vessels, but an after-market addition).
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz that corridor looks photo realistic, very nice work.
    Yeah think Linnier hit it on the head there, also like I said, they have grown on me :)

Thanks Kippa :)

Well it moves on, not sure I like the door but it matches the reference... so will see (once its finished) whether or not it stays like that :)

Cheers all,

Wiz.

PS - Stormtroopers by JJ Palamo, for scale reference :)
    99831.jpg
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    Hey Wiz,

I'm late to the party (my PC has been down due to hardware upgrades). That hallway is sweet! You did an excellent job matching the reference pics. I think that hatch will look fine after you add the detail. I've never seen that footage before (from the link you posted). Glad I tuned in, awesome stuff!

JMoney
    Thanks matey, and yeah I think its the lack of detail right now which is putting me off, so will see how it comes along :)
  • Greeble_GremlinGreeble_Gremlin331 Posts: 0Member
    Wow!
    I've been away form this board for far too long.
    I know this is late ...but great Job!
    Kudos on the Renders
    ...been going "mental" :argh: with Mental Ray.. .sounds as if I should play around more with IRAY

Cool links to those deleted scenes too!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann635 Posts: 1,290Member
    I'm liking that the shot of the corridor has the "filmic" picture quality of the original trilogy.

Ever since Wall-E though, I can't not imagine little robots scurrying out of those little pet door gaps. Maybe that's where the mouser robots stay.
    @Greeble_Gremlin; thanks mate, yeah MR is a beast to master (but has improved greatly since I started using it); and Iray is very cool for these type of renders, also check out THEA renderer, pretty cool :)

@BlueNeumann; thanks :) like the idea of docking stations for mouser robots, may steal that hehe, although this corridor is on hold as I have been asked to work on another hangar for the film so busy with that at the moment.

• al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    DUDE..that is so ****ing awsome. you need to do a few renders with a ship in that Hangar bay..:)
    He's working on a shuttle, which I'm assuming is for doing just that. :)
    He's working on a shuttle, which I'm assuming is for doing just that. :)

I could really see this little sucker in the hangar bay..:)
    100627.jpg
  • pete.cookpete.cook0 Posts: 0Member
    al3d wrote: »
    I could really see this little sucker in the hangar bay..:)

That piece of junk! :)
    Hey Al3d :) thanks, and that Falcon would look freakin' awesome in the hangar (just love that Falcon!) :)

Evil, yep the shuttle is for the hangar :), however both are on hold at the moment as PoodooFx have asked me to build another hangar for the film so I am currently doing that; then its back to the shuttle :)

wiz.got a lw and max version if you want

Hey Al3d :) thanks, and that Falcon would look freakin' awesome in the hangar (just love that Falcon!) :)

Evil, yep the shuttle is for the hangar :), however both are on hold at the moment as PoodooFx have asked me to build another hangar for the film so I am currently doing that; then its back to the shuttle :)

"PoodooFX?" :lol: I love it. I take it that's someone's company. At first I thought it was a typo and you meant to type VoodooFX. ;)

So, they want another hanger? Was there something wrong with this one? Clearly, nobody here thinks so. Or do they want some design changes?
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    ^ Could it not be that they simply need another hangar to represent a different location, eg a Rebel hangar ala Home One?
    That's what I was thinking, and that certainly would find that Falcon model feeling right at home if that was the case. Might have to nick that Lambda off you for my hangar when you're done with it come to think of it Wiz.

:p
    @Al3d I think I just come in my pants... :P YES YES and more YES,... :) haha, cool, and thanks; although I have so much going on right now it will be a while till I get to it, but I WILL definitely get to it :) will pm you buddy!

Hey Evil, not a company but rather a group of guys (from around the world) all working on the fan film DO66 :) so its all unpaid and were all in it for the love it sort of stuff :) and Starscream is right it is a different hangar for another Starship; on that note I have about 10 projects going at the moment and not enough time lol (jeez as a producer I should know better ;)).

Talon matey, you are more than welcome to grab the Lambda once its done :)

Yeah, that's how most fan films are done, just a group of fans making it happen. And, the sad part is, they usually have shoestring budgets and yet still tend to come out with something that's better than what Hollywood will spend $300 million making.
    Starscream wrote: »
    ^ Could it not be that they simply need another hangar to represent a different location, eg a Rebel hangar ala Home One?
    Starscream is right it is a different hangar for another

Wow, I don't know how I didn't think of that. smiley-ashamed001.gif OK, that makes a lot of sense.
    Just PM when you want it..:)..no worries.
    Talon matey, you are more than welcome to grab the Lambda once its done :)

Cheers fella.

:thumb:
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Love the interiors, great work as always!
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    The interior of this hangar is unbelievably good, but I'm a little bit worried about the other side of the Star Destroyer docking bay visible from it, though. It feels like it lacks detail compared to the hangar itself, now :P

Hope we can see here that other hangar you're working on after this one, too!