Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKronos One

• SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    There should be like a Plaque on the Bridge with the Quote "And now I shall pain something you enjoy"
  • japetusjapetus2966 SeattlePosts: 1,401Member
    I meant to post this above, but do people know what color this ship is supposed to be? In one set of photos I have, the base color looks gray, in the other set, it looks like light green and it's confusing me! :argh:
    Test render of the lighting on the nacelle. Not bad...

nacelle_test.jpg
  • StarshipStarship467 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,980Member
    japetus wrote: »

nacelle_test.jpg

Not bad? Very good I must say. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That nacelle is looking sweet.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i like the green but it reminds me of the green glow on the romulan valdore from nemesis, perhaps to be avoided on a klingon ship? the detailing is excellent and although the green might not be right for the nacelle glow it still looks very good and i am not sure if another colour would be better.
  • wibblewibble1172 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 529Member
    japetus wrote: »

quite a understatement!
    To the colour question: In the movie it appears in grey, so I guess this is the colour it is supposed to be. But I always thought that the green/brownish and rusty ships did fit better to the raw nature of the Klingons.
    i like the green but it reminds me of the green glow on the romulan valdore from nemesis, perhaps to be avoided on a klingon ship? the detailing is excellent and although the green might not be right for the nacelle glow it still looks very good and i am not sure if another colour would be better.

I guess it is a tad more blue-ish than I have it, I'll make that change.

Wibble: I agree, I like the earth tones as well. Klingons were always a bit..."earthy".
    wibble wrote: »
    To the colour question: In the movie it appears in grey, so I guess this is the colour it is supposed to be. But I always thought that the green/brownish and rusty ships did fit better to the raw nature of the Klingons.
    agreed.
    Making my way through the texturing process! It's hard to see what's going on in the entire bottom, ST6 screencaps are suprisingly uhelpful because the model is so washed out on the bottom, but I think I get the gist of it. Here are a couple renders of the state of things. I think the neck is almost done, minus a couple more gold panels and some panel lines. The underside of the hull will need more work, but I THINK most of the colored panels are in place. That area is the trickiest to see in my reference, mostly the center bottom area near the back is covered, but I think it should be ok.

kronos_34.jpg

kronos_35.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This texture work is great.
    I keep thinking this ship should be green, but I am putting it down to TNG.
    that's awesome!!
  • RekkertRekkert4194 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,319Member
    Looking great! I must say, I like this color scheme a lot more more that the traditional green.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    probably you have already seen this, but those are some good reference images with some shots of the underside, too (less than I thought, but still) Also the color seems to come out quite correct in the most images.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=15819
    http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=1611
    wibble wrote: »
    probably you have already seen this, but those are some good reference images with some shots of the underside, too (less than I thought, but still) Also the couler seems to come out quite correct in the most images.

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=15819
    http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=1611

Thanks wibble, yeah I have those and they are excellent photos! I am mostly basing my texture color on those, although I feel like it's a bit blue from the skylight coming down. But thanks for posting anyway!
    Well, now I noticed you had linked to the same page on your very first post. Silly me! But one can't recommend this page enough.
    Did I already said that I realy love your approach on that ship?
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1713 CaliforniaPosts: 1,973Member
    You're a genius japetus - looks really nice!!! I need to do the engine lighting more like you did.
    Been working on that hull texture a lot... I think the top is about done! Got most of the panel lines I can see...will work on the front and the bottom next...

kronos_38.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, lovely work there.
    maybe the reddish parts on top should be slightly darker. still an amazing model.
  • RekkertRekkert4194 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,319Member
    I love those golden bits covering the whole model.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Been texturing a lot but haven't really spent time really giving her the dirt she needs. Ive loaded up some dirt materials from my twinge and have been testing those out and seems like they'll work well. I noticed on a tutorialnon texturing Tobias posted that he uses metal bitmaps to heighten the feel of dirt or paint so ive been looking around at cgtextures and other places for some good maps to mix in. Looking forward to that part! Texturing isn't my favorite thing but she is coming along.
    101449.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work there...
  • StarshipStarship467 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,980Member
    KA’apla!!!
    ItA’s a fine work you have there, but yes, needs a bit more of dirty over the hull. :thumb:
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Model looks great, and texturing seems to be coming along nicely too. Also a great thread, so thanks for sharing your thoughts and observations with the community- it's great to see other people learn along with the modeller. :thumb:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Thanks Samurai! I'm hoping to pretty much get the texturing (and thus kronos One!) done in the next couple of weeks. My not so secret goal is this week, but there is some crazy gold plating on the underside of the hull and I'm going to try and do some of the painted "gold filigree" painted onto the model. I downloaded some filigree brushes for photoshopnso will just hack those together, doesn't need to be exact. This has been good texturing practice! Phew!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1125 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,581Member
    Nice work... I especially love the details on the warp engines.
    Edit: updated render with brighter lighting.
    Been working on dirtying up the ship!

kronos_43.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Crap! That's beautiful!!
    that really is excellent, the detail perfect, the lighting good and the colouring stunning.