Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKronos One

• japetusjapetus2960 SeattlePosts: 1,401Member
    Nice! Yeah I didn't know about that one for a long time either!
    Worked on some more greebly bits on the front of the full facing the neck, some more will be done with bump mapping. Also worked on the disruptor cannon things or whatever they are at the bottom corners of the hull...

kronos_28_.jpg
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    That really is look very sweet so far.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, looking mighty fine
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This just keeps getting better and better.
    Got some parts done on the hull... also have the nacelles done I believe. Been placing planes around where the brass detailing is supposed to go, i'm planning on transparency mapping that for now with also a bump map, should work fine. I think I pretty much only have the greebly recesses in the back of the hull by the engines. Hoping to get the modeling part done this friday. Woohoo! This has been a surprisingly fast project compared to my other ones. Of course we'll see if I keep saying that once I get into texturing.. :p

kronos_29_.jpg
    While trying not to spam my thread too much with renders, here's a pretty cool looking overall render showing a lot of detail. Pretty sweet I think!

kronos_30.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    :eek!:

This model is going to look stunning when finished.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Ouch! that is looking fantastic! Outstanding!
    ^ could not agree more.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, sweet is the term I'd use. Looks fantastic.
    japetus wrote: »
    While trying not to spam my thread too much with renders, here's a pretty cool looking overall render showing a lot of detail. Pretty sweet I think!

kronos_30.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member

kronos_30.jpg
    that is a masterpiece, i can hardly say how good the detail looks. maybe try a bird of prey next(and make the BOP available for download please). how many megabytes has the cruiser reached, must be a huge file with all that detail such as shown on the nacelles. how will you texture it, although it is so detailed it hardly needs texturing.
    Thanks guys! Guess it would be fun to post some stats, altough I still have a little more modeling to do, but it's very close! Things actually aren't too bad since there's not a lot of turbosmooth and things like that, but it is kind of slow to rotate around the veiwport.

File size: 21.4 MB
    Objects: 3684
    Faces: 593,498

The funniest thing though is when I look at the model in Bounding Box mode. Still doesn't help to find anything!! ;)

bounding_boxes.jpg
    what software are you using, or have you already stated that at the start of the thread?
    All that detail and only 593,498 faces? :o
    what software are you using, or have you already stated that at the start of the thread?

3D Studio Max.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    All that detail and only 593,498 faces? :o

I was suprised too, but I tried to be economical with my polygon budget because I knew it would be a lot. I'm not adding a lot of crazy chamfering to most of the greebles but am going to try to use the Round Corners shader where I can, I was getting some good results with it in my tests.
    that is a masterpiece, i can hardly say how good the detail looks. maybe try a bird of prey next(and make the BOP available for download please). how many megabytes has the cruiser reached, must be a huge file with all that detail such as shown on the nacelles. how will you texture it, although it is so detailed it hardly needs texturing.

I don't really like making my models available for download, but I do have an old BOP that I might make available for download when I get a chance. I haven't looked at it in years though.
    I plan on texturing with bitmaps for the main areas and then using procedurals where i can to add dirt and grime. But texturing this will be a beast as well.
    Question for people, I was watching Kronos One in ST6 getting a sense of lights and windows and noticed that there is a red glowing area on the top of the bridge module. Anyone know where exactly that is? You can see it in this screenshot. That first shot of the Kronos is about the only place it shows up, so it's hard to tell.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tuchd/tuchd0420.jpg
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Question for people, I was watching Kronos One in ST6 getting a sense of lights and windows and noticed that there is a red glowing area on the top of the bridge module. Anyone know where exactly that is? You can see it in this screenshot. That first shot of the Kronos is about the only place it shows up, so it's hard to tell.

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tuchd/tuchd0420.jpg

Looks like it comes from the front of that "barrel" that sits behind the dome. I saw a sketch somewhere that shows something like this, where the red light comes from inside of the bridge placed there. I just canA’t find that sketch again...
    Thanks Starship, that does help. Always feel like this ship should be bigger than it is...
  • wibblewibble1149 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 517Member
    I do agree with Starship and say it is the window on the bridgedome. You can clearly see the window and the red glow from the inside in ST-TMP: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmp2/tmphd0030.jpg
    Of course i know this is not the Kronos One but since they have used the same model and just added some details, you can expect that this feature is the same.
    Started with some texturing and materials this weekend...teal and red engine glows are temporary, just flat colors or lights at the moment. Planning on giving it a more falloff/hot look.

kronos_31.jpg
    kronos_32.jpg
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Josh...that's nice.
    that looks amazing i really like the reddish brown colouration, the bluish dull glow of the engines is also pleasing to the eye. are you going to animate her at all?
    :eek!::notworthy:

Amazing is all I can say.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    :eek!::notworthy:

Amazing is all I can say.

Me too!
    Stunning!!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wow, that's some cool paintjob.
  • SchmidtFGSchmidtFG211 Posts: 203Member
    Great model and beautiful renders. Keep it up!
    Been working on the small brass panels a lot, and unwrapping the main forms of the hull. Worked on the hull texture some more, it's like a puzzle! Still have to place things correctly but it's coming along...

kronos_33.jpg