Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKronos One

• japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Could you lighten up the pictures a bit if it isn't too much trouble?

Sure, sorry about that. I've updated the image on the last post so it's lighter now.

Edit: I ended up desturating it as well..looks like an photo of the model now, which I think is a great thing! :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    fantastische
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Damn that's a sweet looking render.

Nice work.

japetus wrote: »
    Here's an updated render, got the back of the bridge area, excluding the tower business, done!
    kronos_09_.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    good work there. :)
    Have a new render, been working a lot on the panels under the photon/bridge bay. Also added the other detailing down there. My goal is to take this thing in stages now that a lot of parts are over half done. My new goal is to finish up this area in front of the neck this week. Also have a newer lighting and material scheme going on.

kronos_10_.jpg
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Nice job.
    Meant to post this yesterday, but apparently there was a DoS attack going on here! Been working on the many greebly bits. Hope to finish them this week. Also have been experimenting with different dirtying techniques. I'm again using the Rich Dirt shader I used on my Aries project. I'll also have to pick Brandenburg's brain about his great texturing! :) However for now the shaders are just pretty temporary still modeling away.

kronos_12.jpg
    So I went a bit past my deadline but I finally finished up most of the modeling of the bridge/photon area. I have a to add a few more brass parts in. It feels so good to be done with the greebling! That was killing me. Bit of a bad render here, but ast least you can see some of the details. This section of the ship has over 1300 objects :-p

kronos_16_.jpg
    Nice detailing there, looks a beauty.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    This is so exciting!! Nice!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I thought this was brandenberg's thread...I was thinking "I didn't know he was doing a Kronos 1 version"
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Looks Fantastic! will you be adding the gold filament details?
    EBOLII wrote: »
    Looks Fantastic! will you be adding the gold filament details?

Yes! That is next on that part! Thanks guys for the encouragements!
    Here's the latest! I think the modeling on this section is finally done. Perhaps some refinement here and there, but I'm feelng very good about it. Got the gold parts done as well.

Edit: Updated with proper links.

kronos_17_.jpg

kronos_18_.jpg
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    That's looking rather nice. Good work.
    Thanks MattC. Glad to be done modeling that area! I posted that last night in a hurry. I'm excited to see what it will look like after I spend a lot more time on textures and start using some AO in there.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    woah, that's some nifty paintjob, love it!
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Woh,thats seems so nice :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Uau!
    It deserves 10 stars! :thumb:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    amazing detail,cannot wait to see the rest.
    Been working on different areas of the ship, got the initial panels on the top of the hull and some greebles in the back. The engines are almost done except for a few parts and a bit of cleanup...

kronos_19_.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Matt Jefferies was an absolute genius! The basic design itself is almost half a century old and it still looks amazing.

Great work on the model! Those etched details would've given me nightmares.
    Nice, cracking level of detail on this old bird.
  • REL777REL7770 Posts: 0Member
    Perfect!
  • tondemonaitondemonai173 Posts: 26Member
    Silly question - I know it's a Trek thing, but all the interior shots of Klingon ships (from TMP on, at least) were either brown or dark grey, with reddish lighting. Why bright white windows?
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1668 CaliforniaPosts: 1,942Member
    tondemonai wrote: »
    Silly question - I know it's a Trek thing, but all the interior shots of Klingon ships (from TMP on, at least) were either brown or dark grey, with reddish lighting. Why bright white windows?
    I went through the same question. On the movie, the exterior model appeared to be lit with white lights, while the interior shots as you say, were submarine-like red lights.

Awesome looking Japetus
    tondemonai wrote: »
    Haha I was thinking the same thing the other day. There aren't very many windows so I was thinking of doing some simple interiors maybe and adjusting the lighting an bit that way. We'll see.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Pretty amazing work!
    Been working on odds and ends, and trying to rejoin the main hull together. I've reworked the shape a bit but I'm still not sure if it's correct or not, it's a surprisingly hard piece to recreate. What do you guys think? Needs more work?

kronos_20_.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    the latest image looks good but does not seem to have enough greebles. i am not sure if it is "correct" but it certainly looks nice.