Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAndy Probert's Enterprise NCC-1701-F

• vmblastvmblast3 Posts: 0Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    It... looks disturbingly like it's about to head into the atmosphere. Did someone put Deanna at the helm again? :P

Looool :D
    rojren wrote: »
    I like the changes. This ship has a 'presence' that my favorite Enterpises have, that I never felt with the Enterprise-E.

;)

Andy ones told me that he likes to do "organic" like design and that his strong belief is that organic shapes have stronger appearance/presents than artificial ones. :D
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member
    Starscream wrote: »
    It... looks disturbingly like it's about to head into the atmosphere. Did someone put Deanna at the helm again? :P
    that daggum woman could hit a needle with a freight train i tell you!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Glad to see this is still being worked on. Nice test renders!
    Andy made this new test :D
    Andy's Enterprise 1701-F is still here and under development. We are getting close to end now. Just a latest frame from WIP model. ;)

F_revision_71.jpg
    103775.jpg
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Nice to see this pop up, it must be alternative Enterprise-F week. I'm really liking the nacelles. The textures are good too, its always nice to see some rational window and escape pod placement.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    I like seeing the TNG texture on it, now I'm "getting" it... I can see this in the series, now.
    One more, very recognizable, shot. ;)

F_revision_73.jpg
    103777.jpg
    One small quibble I have is that I think it would make more sense for the upper phaser array to be on the outward-facing rim instead of on the flat top of the saucer. It feels like firing along the plane of the saucer would be difficult where it's positioned now. I'm also not sure about the way the lower saucer arrays are broken up for no apparent reason. I know that's a trend with the Ent-E and Voyager, but personally I always preferred the way the Ent-D and Probert-C had long, solid arrays.
    slybrarian wrote: »
    One small quibble I have is that I think it would make more sense for the upper phaser array to be on the outward-facing rim instead of on the flat top of the saucer.

Yes this will be modified (there is a looong list) and you were on right (logical) track. ;)
    slybrarian wrote: »
    I'm also not sure about the way the lower saucer arrays are broken up for no apparent reason.

All in good time. There is a very good reason for it...tho phasers positions might be changed later as well.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I'm liking everything about this so far. Very nice work! :thumb:
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Absolutely beautiful! I love this ship... so very TNG-ish!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm glad to see you're still working on this, I love the design and your model. :thumb:
  • RekkertRekkert4071 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,307Member
    Ooo, those textures are looking very good.
    I love the (finished?) shape of the nacelles, and the position of those torpedo launchers.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I like it, I like the style of the renders too, reminds me of behind the scenes stuff from filming the ent-d
  • CaptRicoSakaraCaptRicoSakara171 Posts: 0Member
    Very lovely design, I manage to make a LEGO moc of this design, but with a shorter neck as I did not have enough white pieces to make it right. For my version, I also tweak the nacelles and pylons a bit. I'll be posting pictures soon to show you what I mean.
    Very lovely design, I manage to make a LEGO moc of this design, but with a shorter neck as I did not have enough white pieces to make it right. For my version, I also tweak the nacelles and pylons a bit. I'll be posting pictures soon to show you what I mean.

Thank you for your interest in this project :)

The -F- is still it the works. Andy and I had to backtrack a bit and to reshape main hull. However now we are satisfied with the results and will continue with the detailing. My concern/wish here was to follow Andy's direction to the letter, because I wanted to make this to be a 100% close to his vision.

F_revision_74.jpg
    104367.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    This almost looks too streamlined and modern to be in the Lost Era. Could almost serve as a replacement for the Galaxy-Class, or a mix of the Galaxy and Sovereign....
    Aresius wrote: »
    Could almost serve as a replacement for the Galaxy-Class

Yep, that was Andy's main idea and goal. Tho this one is a little bit smaller than the Galaxy, with about 506m of length (but faster and more agile -Andy's words:"Leaner and meaner"). ;)
    yeah, right, just re-read the title... I mistook that as one of the sketches for the Ent-C....

I really like the design. As said, could easily be a mix between the Galaxy and Sovereign.
    Cool. I think it looks a little more balanced now with the saucer a bit lower.
    vmblast wrote: »
    Thank you for your interest in this project :)

The -F- is still it the works. Andy and I had to backtrack a bit and to reshape main hull. However now we are satisfied with the results and will continue with the detailing. My concern/wish here was to follow Andy's direction to the letter, because I wanted to make this to be a 100% close to his vision.

F_revision_74.jpg

No problem. I a big fan of Probert's work. I did a LEGO moc up of one his early Galaxy-Class bridge designs with the curved couches built into the opps and conn stations, I even did the two-story bridge his designed once, and also did a lego moc up of his Ambassador-Class. Sadly, I haven't posted the pics of them yet, as I am still doing other things and didn't have time for them.

As for Probert's E-F, I've taken pictures, but I need to retake them because I recently rebuild and refined partso f hte saucer and main body. Once I have new pics, I'll post them.
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    More progress shots please! :)
    Bell'Orso wrote: »
    More progress shots please! :)

Lol :lol:

Ok, however since we havent done any new progress from my last post, Ill just upload couple these viewport screens for now.

PS -bottom and upper rings are actually placeholders for the sensor rings.

maya 2014-02-14 20-06-43-89.png maya 2014-02-14 20-06-49-95.png maya 2014-02-14 20-07-22-73.png
    104808.png104809.png104810.png
    Looks pretty nice.
    Quick question, what the class name?
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    still say the triangluar nacelles look wrong and dont think the half moon deflectors right either - but looking better
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    I find that the lack of a distinct engineering section leaves the design looking unbalanced and unfinished, kind of purposeless. Why all the unnecessary swooping around? The design would be more coherent if the "engineering boom" went straight back and the nacelle pylons angled down from that. Of course, it wouldn't look like part of the Enterprise line that way.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Zeropoint wrote: »
    I find that the lack of a distinct engineering section leaves the design looking unbalanced and unfinished, kind of purposeless. Why all the unnecessary swooping around? The design would be more coherent if the "engineering boom" went straight back and the nacelle pylons angled down from that. Of course, it wouldn't look like part of the Enterprise line that way.

I rather disagree. It looks more refined, removing unnessecary breaks in the hull for the sake of detail, and also echoes the original Enterprise in smoothness. Although, I do wonder how a circular dish would look compared to the half moon deflector.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.