Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Nakamura (Ambassador Class)

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Nice! Better than mine by leaps and bounds! (I really need to work on my texturing and lighting!)

yes.. work gets in the way of most things.. :)

Hope you get some more time soon for this!
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Nah, man; I wouldn't advise the time I take in obsessing over crap like that. :)

She's as done as she's gonna be, at least for now. I'd like to use proper textures for the interior rooms, but I had to force myself to stop tweaking the textures to finally finish this thing. Went in and actually did a little bit of postwork on these. I'll post better ones when I get a bit more time to render.
    98764.jpg98765.jpg98766.jpg
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful. I love that last shot; Simple and elegant portraiture. Of course, I love that ship. So, naturally. :)
    Indeed, I try to keep it simple. Usually, hehe

Thanks, bro! :)
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Outstanding work! That turned out great. :thumb:
    Looks Outstanding my friend! Love the first image!

Done a great job on her!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, it looks fantastic. :thumb:
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Looks absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing her with full interior textures. The only other thing to say would be add some interior structure to the bussard, and an inner wall, as from side-angles you can really see it's just a red disk. If possible mix up the refraction blur with some SSS (depending how possible that is in your software. SSS is often faster to render than heavy reflection blur too.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work, nice to see this old girl finished.
  • SchmidtFGSchmidtFG188 Posts: 198Member
    Beautiful texturing and paneling work indeed.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Well done, sir!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Great Mesh, beautiful pictures.
    I love it
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    ryo80 wrote: »
    Nah, man; I wouldn't advise the time I take in obsessing over crap like that. :)

She's as done as she's gonna be, at least for now. I'd like to use proper textures for the interior rooms, but I had to force myself to stop tweaking the textures to finally finish this thing. Went in and actually did a little bit of postwork on these. I'll post better ones when I get a bit more time to render.

I think it serves the design better if you put some sort of mechanism in side the bussard collector instead of texturing the back face on the inside. Either that or frost the nose more.
    Thanks, gentlemen! Without you guys' insight and support, I would have given up on finishing this one a long time ago.

I agree whole-heartedly about the bussard collector critique. I did originally have the ramscoop housing frosted more, along with the dual bussard setup that we've seen in some of the schematics. There were a few upgrades I wanted to do to this one(transporter pads and a tractor beam, for instance), but I ended up letting all that go to get it closer to the "Yesterday's Enterprise" model. The bussards did have a somewhat more transparent surface with a flat interior in that episode:
    USS_Enterprise-C_emerges_from_temporal_rift.jpg yent300.jpg

Dunno if it looked that way because of how hastily the model was built or what, but it was intentional to copy that on my part. That said, I do prefer something closer to what you guys have been saying. I'd also prefer the red impulse engine, but I dunno. I guess it's finding the right balance of what the model was and what it probably should have been.
    98791.jpg98792.jpg
    Don't sweat it. I didn't notice that on the C's images before but that show how good your attention to detail is.
    I will say this...
    After all my research on Defiant and learning how to use these different programs to get the precise Defiant model down, I know on some things I'm going to change to make the model more realistic. Like you said, time isn't on those modelers side much of the time. So ...Defiant never had a docking port in the nose,...No hatch for core ejection...No determinable aft torpedo tubes, or even a shuttle bay or Landing skids, but if I can find away I'm going to do it.

Being here has helped me see it..
    And of course I'll do one like this that's exactly like the show too.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Since this is the Nakamura and not the Ent-C, I'd say you'd be perfectly justified in not following the original model - particularly as it had so many glaring issues (bad nacelle placement, throwback bussards, blue impulse, painted-on saucer RCS thrusters, etc etc).

So in short, when do we get to see an updated version? :p
    Hahaha you guys have a compelling argument. :P I'll re-badge this one to Ent-C and make the adjustments for the "Naka" version. Shouldn't take too long. Seems like my progress has been slow, but I haven't put very many hours into it, especially recently. I do have the rest of the weekend to myself, though. Should be able to get it done in that time frame.

@Saquist/Tobian: Thanks again for the tips on the bussards. I'll see what I can come up with
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Hmm yes you're right, it appears to be just like that. Not sure I am a fan though. It's up to you what path you wanna take.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    You can even create a few more pictures?
    Thanks and regards
    Trekki
    Yes...I'd like to as for more too. Perhaps a shot in the Nebula.
    (I wish there were a really good starbase out there, All this 3D models...I would love to see the Nakamura passing through the space doors.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking fantastic. With regards to the ramscoops, you're certainly being faithful to how they looked onscreen, but what was passable in standard definition on tv doesn't really work in HD renders, imo. It's a bit too obvious that there's nothing inside the glass and it doesn't look believable. I think you can leave the glass at the current transparency level, just add some internal features as we see in cutaway drawings. Nothing too fancy, just enough to give the impression there's some tech in there.
  • jimmyjives77jimmyjives770 Posts: 0Member
    Ryo80 - Can i use the name and ncc of your artwork for a game on the internet? All credit will be given.
  • MobiusOneMobiusOne0 Posts: 0Member
    very nice ryo
    Dudes - I appreciate all your comments :)

Business and travel got the best of me for a while, but I was able to get a couple of renders in. There's an ortho shot that was requested, as well as a perspective shot to show you guys what I settled on (at least for now) with the bussard issue. Refraction isn't set up quite the same in Carrara as it is in other render programs, so I had to improvise. I also changed the impulse engines to the traditional red glow. I'll post more shots when I get a chance (and I'm with you, Saquist, on some of those scenes. I'll make it happen)

As for using the name/contract code, have at it. I was writing some fan-fic to use it for, but at this rate, that'll be a while. Thanks for the interest and consideration, though!

Btw, please pardon the lack of lit rooms in the saucer on the perspective shot. HD crashed and I recovered it from the previous version, which didn't have all the rooms filled in.
    102788.jpg102793.jpg
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    Hooray! So glad to see more of this beauty.
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    A very fine job....almost gets me motivated to update mine....well...maybe not.
    Still quite excellent!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks good, but the blue glowy bits in the nacelles and the deflector could use more of a glow, more like what you did for the bussards. Those bits glowed quite a bit on screen.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    A fabulous ship. Have always loved what you have done here ryo80.