Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarTrek DS9

• al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    WEll..someone's been making good progress. Looking mighty fine so far mate.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    Thanks Al . . . . just workin' at it and having fun . . .
    gp
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    It is hard to see to my eyes
    It's a reflection of some sort, there is nothing there really. If If I had to guess I would say that it is probably an point marker so ships wouldn't bang intot he bottom of the station. The station being as big as it is one would think something like that isn't needed. But just as sure as there are bonehead drivers on the roads today, I am sure there are bonehead pilots flying spacecraft in the DS9 universe . . .
    My guess it's a station warning light . . . Blue at the bottom.
    gp
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks really nice GP!
  • DarkElfaDarkElfa331 Posts: 0Member
    Personally, I've always wanted to see what DS9 would have looked like if the Federation had given it a complete overhaul and kept the primary superstructure but replaced the rest of it with new Starfleet tech inside and out.
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice model. Has a solid sense of scale and strength.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    It's coming along beautifully. You're inspiring.... And Your inspiring... :)
    Thanks for the kuddo's gents . . . . :D
    **update**
    here is some wires of the progress so far, will do some wip renders in a day or so once I get more finished on the core section . . .
    gp
    46527.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Cool, though I would have added more radial segments, the closer you get, the more segmentation you could see :)
    tobian wrote: »
    Cool, though I would have added more radial segments, the closer you get, the more segmentation you could see :)

Dang . . ! How close do you plan on gettin'? If you get close enough to see segmentation you'd be framing a window ledge . . . This thing is like 100's of meters in diameter . . . you couldn't possibly want to get that close . . .
    this is about as close as you need, and the segmentation is barely visible
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/36777-startrek-ds9-10.html#post287602

All the sections have different segmentation values, what you are referring to is the large sections with 80 segments in it, but as you can see from the link that is an awesome number. adding more segments would be . . just adding more for the sake of it . . . . :D

gp
    Update . . .
    added some details to the core sections and tried to wrap it up . . .
    Now I can start on the outer ring and pilons . . .
    gp
    47054.jpg47055.jpg
  • JDRJDR0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good, though the tower on which the ops module is mounted looks too tall.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Seconded.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    This just gets better and better everytime I see it.

WOW! The difference colour makes. It looks almost Klingon. :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    It IS Klingon; it was built during the First year of the Klingon Occupation of Bajor. The Cardassians came and defeated the Klingons and took over the station :D

But yeah, the color should be more of a beige-tan, with greenish highlights
  • the sebrusthe sebrus0 Posts: 0Member
    i think that this actually defines it as ure own
    I love you guys . . . group hug . . .
    thanks glad you like this puppy . . . but just so you know, the color is not staying, it's just so I could have something to look at other than that dang grey . . the default color is so boring . . . I am just in a green cami kinda mood right now . . . This will be totally covered in image maps I am thinking Aztec or something, but in what color . . . I know beige is in a lot of shots but the model is like a mutt grey color. they actually used a few different models for the filming and non of them had the same color from what i can tell.

I will post up some images so you can see what I am looking at and also so you can see that the section below the Ops level is kinda long . . in a lot of the shots it looks short I agree, but in some that distance between the basr and Ops is rather far . . . it would take 3.2 seconds to fix the problem but I think it is great . . you all look at the images and tell me . . (some zooming may be required)
    gp
    47082.jpg47083.jpg47084.jpg47085.jpg47086.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW :eek: OMG this is just outstanding:thumb:
    This really isn't an update but I started the docking ring, this is just to let you know where I am getting my dimensions from . . . this plus overall dimensions on one of the ds9 blue-prints.
    gp
    47090.jpg
    dok.jpg 132.4K
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    It's really looking great GP! Kick a** job so far!!
    Thanks all,
    I was blocking in the outer docking ring today . . . . I stayed within my backdrops and parameters however it looks a bit chunky. I could shorten it height wise maybe that would thin it out, but I want to run it by some other eyes before I do so . . .
    gp
    47267.jpg47268.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    I was hoping you would post a image or 2 of the detailed underbelly yeah?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    HUH!

Looks .. fancy.
    IRML wrote: »

:D:D:cool: look 7 posts up I posted one of those pic's already . . .
    I think I have all the useable ds9 pics on the internet, I have done a lot of searches and I have run into some really cool people with some awesome contacts . . . but yep, I have those already . . .

**Update**

Sorry I have been out of it lately, my new job leaves me little to no time to spare anymore . . . sadly . . .

Anyway here are some wips of my wip . . . I'm just putting together the docking port right now . . . Can't get really good close up so I am going with my imagination. so far this is 70,00 polys which leads me to think that the outeer docking ring is going to sail right over 2 million polys,
    my estimation will be 2.7 to 3 million . . . . lets see . . .
    gp
    48338.jpg48340.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow this looks absolutely stunning ! The details are really killer. Can't wait to see the whole model. BTW how long are you modelling the whole station ?
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Cant wait to see more, this is incredible!
    @kborak,
    Thanks glad you like it . . . this is a project I am definately going to finish and not leave on a shelf . . . (if I can help it)
    how long are you modelling the whole station ?

I have been at it for 5 months now . . . . hopefully I will be done before June . . . with luck.

** update**
    I am coming close to finishing the smaller docking sections . . . truth is I may have to redo certain parts as the polycount here is way over budget. Right now this section alone has 140,000 poly's on it . . . . there are 9 of these stations on the outer ring . . . :lol:

My early estimate for the oter ring was 2 million p, however after today I am thinking the outer docking ring my ballon up to 4 million poly's :flippy:
    Anyway that is the story . . . here are the images hope you enjoy.
    gp
    48457.jpg48458.jpg
  • DerekDRPDerekDRP0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job mate keep up the good work.