Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarTrek DS9

• homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    tobian wrote: »
    There's no better way to stop people asking for wires, than giving them wires :D

Such as this :devil:

Can you do a full-station wireframe? :lol: :D

^runs :runs:

@GP: Nice wires!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    lol. That IS the full-station wireframe.
    no, i was talking to tobian, he always gets bugged when people ask him for a full station render of his pluto station :D
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    no, i was talking to tobian, he always gets bugged when people ask him for a full station render of his pluto station :D
    Would that even be possible without the use of an industry-level render farm? :D
    I know, homer. ;)
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to see this one back.. it's such a pleasure to see so much detail on a model.
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    I hope Tobian is planning on using that station for something extreme . . .
    maybe even some live action shooting . . . that would be cool . .
    I am going to give this to release this station when I am through, maybe someone with more skills can do an awesome render with it . . more so than I . . . .

** Update **
    been pluggin away at the Ops section. . . so far the core section is about 77,000 poly's as is, . . with that said I am going to go back in after I build the core section fully and put in sub-panels and assorted greebles,maybe some trim we'll see . . . here is were I am so far.
    no doubt there is some tidying up to do but this is it so far . .
    gp
    46086.jpg46087.jpg
    Sweet. I love it.
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Haha it only looks that extreme 'cause that's the interior and exterior together :)

Back to your station: Looks fantastic, you're making huge progress. Makes what I did today look rubbish :D
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Dude! looking great! I really like the grayscale renders with the little touch of color added, too!
    nice! ya know, ops up on top makes one Biig target; a well placed quantum torpedo can take out the entire main cast.....er command staff!! :D
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    Man that is awesome. It looks as good if not better then the actual filming model.
    thanks Jimi James, I wouldn't say all that much but I do like the way it is turning out . . . and I think I may even finish this model . . .

Sorry JSG, I changed the colors before I read your post . . . I designed to go camo for the build . . . I think it looks cool . . :D

I am finished the upper portion of the inner core now it's time to work on the lower sections . . . I still have poly irregularities in a few well visible places, I guess when I do the micr detailing i will straighten that out . . anyway here is some of the incoming color scheme
    gp

P.S. On image (2) . . . I was trying that window box room thingy everyone keeps harping on . . I've never done it before so I need to experiment on how it goes . . . anyway that is a test.
    46131.jpg46132.jpg46133.jpg
    camouflage works best when the colors match the surroundings :D

Nice update, i think this should be headered
    Seconded on the headering.

@Topic/GPD: Sweet progress.
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks outstanding gpdesigner :thumb:

I to think this should get headered :D
    With the size of those windows, you may be better off actually making a very low poly promenade to go inside there. There are blueprints for it. You could just pre-bake the interior onto a UV map, and use it as luminosity to create the illusion of there being a promenade in there. It would be cool :)

Looks superb though, i even like your colour scheme :)
    Thanks guys . . . I don't think this is good enough for the header but i am having a blast building it . . .
    @TOBIAN . . . Ummm . .

no!

gp
    Just kidding . . let me think about that seriously . . I am never opposed to anything . .
    gp
    started modeling the rest of the core today . . . So many ref images that say So many different things, the screen shots give up some good details but are missing others. And as far as dimensions . . HA . . forget it!
    those are nowhere, all I have is an overall size of the station from Ops to exhuast cone at the bottom . . .
    Anyway these are the new shots tell me if the dimensions look right
    gp
    46155.jpg46156.jpg46157.jpg
    Now this almost looks like a new station. ;)
    Looking good ! Yeah the lower core is pretty fiddly, good luck with that :)

and you should try it. IRML did something similar for his Observation Lounge, baked a luminosity map for it. It's not too hard now, with the new surface baking camera.. just make an atlas map of the low poly interior. whack a bunch of lights in there, render the UV map, and then use the same atlas map to attach it back to the surface, as a luminosity map, and voila low poly, lit, interior, with no lights :)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    yeah looks great in modeller or layout displays, but for some reason the UV map doesn't render out the same as it's displayed in ogl - which as you can imagine is ghey, I'll have to redo it sometime

definately looks good though, just take care when you make the UVs incase this is a bug in LW
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks good, and as for references, these are the best one's I've come across. You probably have them already, but just in case you don't. You may need to scroll down a bit, but you'll see them. The third one has dimensions of the different parts of the core that might help.
    Star Trek LCARS Blueprint Database - Gilso's Star Trek Schematics
    Very nice updates once again! and I like this color scheme too... lol I just like any hint of color in the grayscale AO renders. Now you know we're going to push you to build some interior elements! hahaha
    No jeff, an evil luagh sounds like this: "Now you know we're going to push you to build some interior elements! Bwahahahahahaa!!!"
    ^doh! I forgot the "Bwahahahahahah!!!" Thx for the reminder! :lol:
    You all are twisted for sure . . . :D
    I will try to do the inside Prom, and I will get back to IRML on this technique,
    baking and such is a bit out of my skill set but I am game to learn . . .
    @Jimi James, thanks for the linkage . . yes I do have those already good call, actually that is what I am getting my dimensions from. The only thing is they only give you the overall width of the sections and the height of the entire station, if they came up with the height of the individual sections the station would build itself . . . :lol:
    I think I am going to use that side ortho of the station as a backdrop and build in that . . . lets see how close I get . .
    gp
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Interested in how you do the bottom array. There is a small blue piece according to certiain screen caps but no real detail. Looking forward to your interpretation. Great job modeling.....
    EBOLII wrote: »
    Interested in how you do the bottom array. There is a small blue piece according to certiain screen caps but no real detail. Looking forward to your interpretation. Great job modeling.....

not sure I know what array you mean . . show me an image so I can see.
    gp