Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    ice-dragon your plans for the gunstar are they a full redo or a couple of changes to the design, the way the cygnus mk2 came out left me amazed will your gunstar look like that or a similar look to the original design???
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks XRaiderV1.7 ( sorry for the late replay:( )

I was only going to couple of changes to the design but I seen to have started to do a full re-build:D

I have keep most of the basic style but gone about it in a different way:D

Here is a render for you to have a look at.
    th_ColonialGunshipMKIIpic1.jpg

I'm starting to like the shape now so I think I'll panel it next and start to add some more detail to it and see what happens:D
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    That's one mean Fracker. That's one more ship to advoid in a battle, Nice ship Rob :thumb:.
  • Apollo911Apollo9110 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good dude. And I love your cygnus!! The gunstar is looking good, but a few points? The engines look too similar to the parts at the side imo, and I think the profile of it is too similar all the way along. It's almost one shape. I like the design though, just maybe needs some tweaking.

Keep up the great work!! (I need to get back to it...! SHould I give the hub a bash?)
    I have been rebuilding this ship over and over the last couple of days but I now think I'm getting some where:D

here is the latest render.
    th_ColonialGunshipMKIIpic2.jpg
    What do you guys think?

I have been looking over my MKII Cygnus and I think I have made the docking bays on the inside far to big:( so I'll be redoing them in the next couple of days.

Comments are welcome:thumb:
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    keep the oversized bay version as a sub-model.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    I like it I-D. :thumb:

I really like the shape of and noticed the influence of first model..

here are some ideas..

Try giving the head a bit more 'weight' i.e. the central bit looks too thin.
    The fixed 'large cannons' provides us with a hint of the Pegasus - why not integrate the guns in the front head section? non movable...

I do like the shape of the new wing /gun sections... if you do add the guns to the head it would appear more balanced.

What sprung to my mind is that there's a possibility that the Cygnus and Gunstar might be doubling their roles...
    The Cygnus defender appears to have the ability to give other ships the broadside.. - spot on..
    so why not make the gunstar different by making it front attack only ? (less capable since it has no movable turrets but make it faster and with more turning ability? You could then only add flak cannons as on your original model.

just some ideas... :cool:
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Elffin wrote: »
    I like it I-D. :thumb:

I really like the shape of and noticed the influence of first model..

here are some ideas..

Try giving the head a bit more 'weight' i.e. the central bit looks too thin.
    The fixed 'large cannons' provides us with a hint of the Pegasus - why not integrate the guns in the front head section? non movable...

I do like the shape of the new wing /gun sections... if you do add the guns to the head it would appear more balanced.

What sprung to my mind is that there's a possibility that the Cygnus and Gunstar might be doubling their roles...
    The Cygnus defender appears to have the ability to give other ships the broadside.. - spot on..
    so why not make the gunstar different by making it front attack only ? (less capable since it has no movable turrets but make it faster and with more turning ability? You could then only add flak cannons as on your original model.

just some ideas... :cool:

exccept the Cygnus Mk II is based on the Cygnus which has movable guns. look in the download section.
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    exccept the Cygnus Mk II is based on the Cygnus which has movable guns. look in the download section.

yes I'm aware of that.... :D

My advice (whether I-D would like to use it) is to make the gunstar differnet with fixed guns... and no rotating rail guns which he once placed on his original Gunstar model...
    why not have both fixed and movable guns???
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    I agree, the fixed guns may be for frontal attacks like we can see in the pic (and again, similar to the Defiant Class) but still having normal rotating turrets to protect the ship from enemies coming in other directions, specially useful against fighters.
    Keep it up! :thumb:
    Thanks for your comments guys:thumb:

I have restarted again:D but this time I have used the original shape with a few new tweaks:D

Here is a render for you to look at :D
    th_ColonialGunshipMKIIpic3.jpg

The guns:- This will have 4 large fixed forward guns 11 small rail guns and 12 AA guns.

This ship has the room to hold and service 5 raptors.

As for this ships role:- this ship is a corvette type ship and as so works in pack of 5 to take down Cylon baseships:D

I think you've cracked it mate - good stuff :thumb:
    Hope it's fast at both Shooting and Speeding..:cool:
    great improvement ice this may well be a great piece like your version of the cygnus hope to see more soon
  • Cyba_stormCyba_storm171 Posts: 0Member
    Can I suggest moving the guns further apart. It would give each of them a larger firing arc, and allow better coverage just off the centre line of the ship.
  • TonyStarkTonyStark0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work Ice , which program did u use ?
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    ^ He's using Blender.

Some really nice work mate.
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Ice Dragon -
    I don't know if this is a good/bad place to do this, but I'd rather have it public.

I'd like to make a personal apology for never getting around to fully accrediting you when I drew up the 'Gorgon Heavy Cruiser' over at Wolf's Shipyard. I had an image of the original unfinished model but no name attached to it, nor did I remember where it came from. Then later on after visiting here I spotted your Colonial Gunstar from start to finish, yet never fixed the credits after I discovered this.

I have corrected this as of now.

The image posted on Wolf's Shipyard is now accredited to you as the original concept creator. As it stands as I -have- taken far too long to address the issue, I would willingly wipe/destroy the artwork on the site, which is the only place I have posted it online, if you asked.
    got a link Barricade?
    Thanks for all your comments:thumb:

@Cyba_storm:- I'll take a look at the guns after I finish the head section:D

@Barricade:- Hi, Thanks for adding the credits, there is no need to destroy the artwork on Wolf's Shipyard because I like what you have done.

For anyone who wants to see what Barricade has done here is a link to it.
    Wolf's Shipyard Forum :: View topic - Gorgon class Heavy Cruiser

I'll update this ship as soon as I can:D
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    I wasn't going to put up a link until I heard back from him, as I wasn't certain if he'd still want it around (that and being rude/arrogant of me when trying to offer an apology). However he sidestepped that and put up the links.
    it's a good model too.
    Small update form the moment:D

I have now started building the head of this ship.
    Here is a quick render for you to look at.
    th_ColonialGunshipMKIIpic34.jpg
    I am now happy with the shape of the head so I'll be paneling it next then adding in the thrusters around the ship:D

Is it me or is it a little longer ? or am I just going-Mad...Look's nice Rob.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    You're mad! MAD I tell you! :D

Actualy, it does seem a wee bit longer. Nice build I-D :thumb:
    Thanks kenny & Meph,

your both mad:D but it has been said that madness is next to godliness :lol:
    the head is just a little longer then the last version.

Here is a quick update.

the head has new been paneled and two very large guns set in to the nose:D
    th_ColonialGunshipMKIIpic4.jpg

Now, it' look's Cute and Sweet...Now' where are those fracking cylons when you need them....
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Liking those panels.
    great work ice this new ver. of your gunstar gets better and better the head section is a mayor improvement and the guns look great hope to see more of this great ship soon take care friend